PDA

View Full Version : April is Awsome!!!! 3 new trikes

Lomax
04-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Well, this has been a great month in the world of buying some ATC's. I dont have any pics because my Camera is still packed up from the Move, and I am now on Dial-up so it will take forever to post anything once I do get some pics.
The first Trike of the bunch is a 1985 Honda 250SX. Bought it from the original owner, the only belimishes on the machine are some very light white paint overspray (which I have been slowley removing) and there are a few spots where the fenders where broke and welded back together. Gave 500 bucks for it. Oh, I also swaped the rear tires and wheels out with some better ones that I had laying around.
The second one was the Cherry, A 1986 Honda ATC250R. DuraBlue axle, hubs, FMF exhaust, stainless brakelines, ported and polished, fresh rebuild (bottom and top end) Weisco piston, douglas wheels with new 18 inch fast trekker tires. Plastic is almost without a blemish. Having to fix the silencer and grab bar on it. Gave 600 for it.
The last one on the list is a 1985 Honda 200X. Very clean, does need various things to be right, but just needs new rings and brake pads to be rideable without worry. Gave 200 Bucks for it.
Just had to tell everyone about the wonder thats been coming my way, Has anyone else been having this kind of luck this month???

83185s
04-16-2005, 12:00 AM
uhm none that good but i did get my 200x goin today..i think i need a top end redone on it tho..smokes pretty bad

Lomax
04-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Thats exactlyy what is wrong with the 200X i mentioned, guy run it without an airfilter (uhhhh). I am so miticulous that I am already replacing other stuff on it just because i want it to be as nice as the others though.....

MO350X
04-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Man, what a cool trio of trikes, Lomax.

I love my '86 R to death and my '85 250SX is a FANTASTIC trail trike (cushy, quiet, reliable).
I'd LOVE to have a 200X....especially a $200 200X! You Lucky dog.
You got them for a steal, man. Great job!

Post some pics when you get a chance.

I have dial up, too....so I feel your pain, brother.
That's all that is available "out in the sticks" here. :)

Have fun tinkering with them, I'm sure you will.

BIGCRIP28
04-16-2005, 04:14 PM
o my god, that 250R was a sweet deal.

Lomax
04-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, it worked out really well. I am going to turn the keys for the 250SX over to my mother because she cannot ride a fourwheeler (steering is too heavy with the back problems that she has) My dad is taking the 250R for the time being. I am not really sure why he wants it because its not what he is thinking. I am going to be hanging on the the 200X and that was really in a way, my first choice of the 3 (ok the SX was) There are so many TIGHT trails around here that the R is almost usless so the little X will be in its prime