PDA

View Full Version : New trike @ home

1shot
04-15-2005, 10:21 PM
I brought the new trike home today. It is "supposed" to be a 185s but am not sure of the year. I posted pics and the Vin off the frame if this could help narrow down the identification process.

I know some of you guys have to know what it is.....

I would appreciate any info you got.

The Vin. is : JH3TB0100CC246706 (off the frame)

Do I also need an engine number and where is it located?

thefox
04-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Looks good, I got that it is a 1982 Honda 185s.

1shot
04-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know if the rear rack was factory or did someone rig it?
It looks factory as far as the mounting but some of the tubes are not spaced very symetrically looks 1/2 home made but also looks stock depending on the viewpoint?

:wondering

RideRed250R
04-15-2005, 11:29 PM
might be a honda line item, but it wasnt standard with the bikes
adam

ATCnut
04-17-2005, 12:33 AM
That is most definatly a 82 185s. The rack may have beem hondaline, but was not on every one made. Here is a pic of the one I used to have.

Yardbird
04-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Nut, what's up with those front forks? They definately look stout.

ATCnut
04-17-2005, 01:04 AM
You bring back memories. I was riding out on the beach in the dark one time, over driving the headlight in a big way. I saw the log, and managed to miss it with the front tire, but hit it hard with a rear tire. Trike and I launched into the air, there was a big crash. I got up, found the trike in the dark, and it started back up. The headlight still worked, which was good because I had to find my glasses in the sand. It was a good thing that the front tire was flat because the forks were bent back and to the side. With the tire flat it would still roll. I rode it the mile or two back to the cabin.

When I had the forks strightened, I had the brace put on because I was worried that they would be weak after being bent and bent back.