PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions

jacque_strap
04-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi,

I just bought a 1983 (maybe 84) ATC 200E engine to use in a mini chopper bike I'm making. I'm wondering if someone could tell me what the torque specs are for the valve cover, and if there is supposed to be a gasket or if it uses a sealer. Also, I would like this little bike to be road worthy (ie. Able to drive at a decent speed) so I need to figure out what size sprocket to use on the rear. I have 11 teeth on the front, any suggestions for the rear? Thanks!

P.S. If anyone knows of an online source for torque specs that would be amazing.

thefox
04-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Welcome to 3 Wheeler World! :welcome:

P.S. If anyone knows of an online source for torque specs that would be amazing.

Here is a good place :) , use the search button and you will probably find what you need but if you don't then just ask and someone will probably help you. Another good option (I strongly recommend) is buying a manual; they cost about $25 and are well worth it.

Now for the valve covers (the 2 round covers, 17mm or so head I think) they should have a rubber o-ring in each cover and be tightened down to 7-14 ft.-lb. (10-20 N*M). If you are asking about the top Cam and valve cover that uses gasket sealer and the 8mm bolts get tightened to 14 ft.-lb. (20 N*M) and the allen head bolts get tightened to 9 ft.-lb. (12 N*M).

As for gearing it depends on what size tires you are using.

jacque_strap
04-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Thats great, just what I was looking for!! Thanks so much.