PDA

View Full Version : Big Red troubles

1shot
04-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Me and the family went out riding today and my wife started having problems with the 200es. It doesn't want to idle properly. Start it and it runs fine for a couple minutes and then jumps up to about 3,000 (?) rpm. Run it for a minute and it idles down and dies, up - down - up - down it won't stay anywhere for too long.
We got it back to the truck and I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Any idea's?

Obviously it has something to do with the carb?..............
The throttle seems to be returning to a closed position when you release it.

Any help would be appreciated to steer me in the right direction. :wondering

bigredhead
04-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Check for air leaks...

bigredhead
04-11-2005, 09:56 AM
oh.. if you remove the seat.. tank. and remove the carb slide.. clean it up and make sure it does not have any grit in there preventing it from seating . quick and easy to do.

ps: Check your airbox while you're at it.. make sure the filter is on properly and clean.

1shot
04-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Thaniks BigRed head,

I'll check those idea's after work, I hope it is something simple.

I hope my spindle bearings on the vertical plane horizontal limiter aren't wore out........ :D

1shot
04-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Well today I tore it apart to get a better look. I neglected to say before I had just changed the air filter about 3 weeks ago.

Anyways the filter was new obviously, but I noticed the rubber hose between the carb and the airbox had come off on 1 side so I reckon it sucked in alot of dust into the carb over the last 2 rides.

I pulled the carb off and tore it apart and soaked it in my soak tank for 30 minutes.
I cleaned every square millimeter inside and out and pput it back together.

I started it and it idled fine but I haven't ridden it yet so.........

I think it is fine now, it wouldnt idle before worth anything.

thanks for the advice