PDA

View Full Version : 200x problem

bakeban
04-09-2005, 02:18 AM
i have looked for the answer for this but there are 300 pages and i quit looking on page 8 so i figured ill just ask. i have been having some problems with my 200x not running very good. it will start and run but when it warms up and if im running it fairly hard for an extended period of time it will kind of "miss" i guess while giving it constant fuel. it sounds almost like im letting up and then giving it more but im giving it the same the entire time. then when i go to stop it bogs out and dies like its flooded and it wont start unless it let it sit there. ive noticed this winter that when i rode it a while it wouldnt have much power. it has a .50 over piston and it has a slightly bigger jet in the carb. a uni air filter and a pipe. im thinking carb, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

mad_max
04-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I'd clean out the carb, clean the gas tank, put a inline gas filter on it and go from there.

Good luck

Dammit!
04-09-2005, 09:00 PM
First thought was either a mis-adjusted float level or a bad seat. When you're on the throttle you're emptying out the float bowl. When it runs out it starts to miss and when you slow down it's trying to catch up.

Obviously that's just a guess but that's where I'd start. The good news is that there's only about 200 things that it could be. :p

Pigga
04-09-2005, 09:29 PM
ok i just had the exact same problem with my 200x you probley just have a hole in your float so it will fill up sink and flood your engine and then after it sits there it will drain and it starts right up again. all i did was swap floats with my 185 and now it runs great

bakeban
04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
ok, i got a rebuild kit for the carb and it seems to run a bit better. i put the stock exhaust back on it and it has 110 jet. now when i go from idle to full throttle it will cut out. i was wondering, since the motor is .50 over, how can i correct it.

any advice would be appreciated

thanks