PDA

View Full Version : Helmet preference

eqwalker
04-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Now since I have purchased my trike I am going to buy a helmet. What have you guys found to be the best kind? I have to wear glasses so I was wondering if you had to get one specifically for that. What do you guys recommend and have found to be the most comfortable? I'm not too concerned about price since I will be investing in the protection of my head. Thanks for your suggestions.

RichinMO
04-08-2005, 02:57 PM
I've got a Fox helmet, very lightweight and comfortable. But you definately need to try some different ones on to see which one you like better.

bigredhead
04-08-2005, 02:57 PM
motocross style is best in my case in summer.. try it on and put your glasses on to chedk how hard it pushes the arms against your face.. some helmets squeeze them too hard and warp your glasses too much.

A full face sucks.. they fog up when you don't move.

ejc042
04-08-2005, 03:03 PM
My wife has glasses and a standard style helmet is not a problem. If you get goggles, some goggles are not comfy with glasses. As far as brand, any quality brand should be fine. We both have O'Neal helmets, they are a good helmet and pretty comfy too.

ATC crazy
04-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I have a Bell MX helmet. I've had it for close to 8 years...my first helmet. I love it, it fits perfect, and its been dumped in the mudhole a few times. My parents have HJC motorcycle helmets and they are nice too. I'm kind of biased towards Bell, but they are on top IMO.

trikezilla
04-08-2005, 08:36 PM
I have an Answer M7. Its relatively cheap and nice and light. I have found it's cool in the summer and is alright in the winter. Hey, if you are worried about glasses, why not get some prescription goggles. I dont know the name of the company that makes them off-hand, but they start at around $99.

Billy Golightly
04-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I have an Arai MX Helmet with several vents and a removeable liner. Definetly get one with DOT and SNELL approval. Get a full face, Dont cheap out on a open one. Multiple vents and a removeable liner is a plus. I wear glasses also and the helmet is not a problem at all with them. Just take them off when you put it on, and slide them back on when the helmet is on and strapped. Take the glasses back off before you take the helmet off.