PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever made one of these?

patblkwell
04-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I finally got around to putting the hard copy pages of my Honda service manual into those sheet protectors...that way they don't get destroyed. I decided to go ahead and put the brochure for the bike and other things pertaining to it such as hondaline parts instructions. Anyone else done this before? I think I'll make one of these for every bike I will get..

OldSchoolin86
04-06-2005, 09:24 PM
I did but it was for a hoist truck I use for work. Your right, it's a great way to protect a good manual.

twgranger
04-06-2005, 09:45 PM
That is a good idea. It will save the pages from getting a crudy.

BIGCRIP28
04-07-2005, 11:15 AM
how do you get it apart?

conig
04-07-2005, 11:25 AM
I never did ne specifically for the big red, but I have one with all kinds of four wheeler info in it. just about everytime you guys or other forums I frequent have a useful post on how to fix or tune something I print it and catalogue it. it works great unless something gets spilled on it. I had it on the floor while wrenching and the dog knocled my bear over onto the binder. I'm going back to redo everythng, lol

LonesomeTriZ
04-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I have been doing that for a couple years now. I have one of those for every trike and quad I own. I also include any information on any upgrades I make. Such as wrench report, after market parts, and performance upgrades. Everything I include in that machine's book is from the manufacturer of the part. Nothing is hand written. That way I have an acurrate record of each machine. It also searves as a guid for my family if I get killed on a deployment, they can sell it for what it is worth and will not get screwed.

350x'inNY
04-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I have those "Trapper Keeper" type things. I usually pic a couple up at the end of the school year when kids leave them in the hall when they clean out their lockers in June. They are nice cause they usually have some extra pockets and stuff in them. I use the pockets to keep smaller parts in (carb rebuild kits, jets, gaskets, etc) I have a 350X one that I keep the titles, registration, Hondaline brochures, owner's manuals, repair manual's, etc in. I have another one for my 250R, another binder for my Yamaha beasts, and for my 4X4.

ric
04-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Hey Patblkwell
Just noticed your location, Have you heard of an Australian talk type show "The Memphis Trousers Half Hour" Hosted by Roy & HG, supposed to be playing in your hometown for the next coming few weeks. Should be on your local station I would imagine. Funny stuff, (well at least we aussies think its funny)

Maine_Triker
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
That is a neat setup, I should setup something like that for the 350X. So far I have the 350X service and owners manuals, still need to get a Brochure and Hondaline Assessory catolog tho.

patblkwell
04-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey Ric, I don't think I've heard of that show before. I might have to check them out since they will be in town here soon.

Yeah MaineTriker, it's a good thing to keep all the bike info. together in...

3 weelin geezer
04-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I just scan it and make as many copies of the pages I nee at the time. If they get dirty....who cares? I make another if I need it.

ATC crazy
04-08-2005, 06:12 PM
My dad used to repair forklifts, and ALL the service manuals, wiring schematics, and parts diagrams were like that. Some would fill up 3 or 4 of the 4" 3-ringed binder style folders easily. Now that you brought up the idea, I think I'll do one for the International...

You should keep a couple extra empty sleeves in the back for all the recipts for everything you have had done to it. It will increase the value if you plan on selling it.

Darius1502
04-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Man...the 'Trapper Keeper'...I have not heard that term in years...http://www.thehong.com/images/raddog.jpg