PDA

View Full Version : Blew Up The 250r!!!!

3wheelrkid
04-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Man today i was ridin the r and i clocked it at 78 mph with the small dirt track tires, then i was blowin by cars and everything was great, till i ran out of gas! then i slipped and put junk ass gulf pride 2-stroke in it and i was blowin down the road on the way home and it just shut off and now it wont turn over! im so mad i have over 1,000 of motor work into that thing!!!!

BIGCRIP28
04-06-2005, 08:11 PM
:eek:
that sucks.

hotroddal
04-06-2005, 09:53 PM
god dang it i hate when that happens,though it never happened to me.lol

deathman53
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
the old saying holds true, buy cheap, get cheap. Any kind of oil is something you don't want to cheap out on. What did you have done to it anyway?

83185s
04-06-2005, 10:20 PM
dam that sucks!!! blowin by cars?? jeez your lucky..if i "blew" by a car id get my trike takin by cops!! even tho i live out in the country and theres really no cops around..whenever you think ** in the clear * get screwed!!! it sucks!

Darius1502
04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
man I am sorry to hear that!!

RideRed250R
04-06-2005, 10:56 PM
so its seized i know it sounds stupid but my dad prolonged the life of my old R once while out on a trip it shut down cause the rear calliper locked up and the engine over heated and sealed the rings to the wall from the heat and it wouldnt turn over, so he took carasceen mixed with twos stroke oil (spelling sucks) and poored it in the spark plug hole. let it sit for 20 minutes then he started tryign to kick it over, it would start to crank alittle but still took alot of torque (hoppin) on the kicker to get it to move but as soon as we got it on the compresion stroke it started to go smoother (also no spark plug while this process) and after about 2 minutes of that it was like nothn haopend it ran the rest of the week and then lost all compression on the last day while runnin 5th pinned in the sand
adam

crackshot
04-07-2005, 08:09 AM
ran it too lean

Mr. Sandman
04-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Man today i was ridin the r and i clocked it at 78 mph with the small dirt track tires, then i was blowin by cars and everything was great, till i ran out of gas! then i slipped and put junk ass gulf pride 2-stroke in it and i was blowin down the road on the way home and it just shut off and now it wont turn over! im so mad i have over 1,000 of motor work into that thing!!!!
I hate to say it, but it probably seized due to you running out of gas rather than you using the cheap oil. When you ran out of gas, it produced a lean condition immediatley and even the few rotations of the crank, as you coasted to a stop, moving your already hot piston through the hot cylinder started the seizing process.

Another way to seize a two stroke without running out of gas is to coast to a stop from high speed without giving it any gas. If you do coast to a stop or slow down, blip the throttle occasionally while doing so or pull in the clutch to bring the revs down and stop the crank from turning.

250RNUT
04-07-2005, 11:00 AM
What happens is when you go screamin down the road for a long period of time your oil in your gas does not have time to properly lube the crank.It gets burnt so fast that it causes failure from a very lean condition.Next time slow down once in a while to keep things lubed

Bender
04-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Damm!! onther one down

it sucks to think that some day trikes wont be around any more. And it also sucks that gas isent gona be around either. Electric crap cant give the power that gas does