PDA

View Full Version : 250r +4 extended swing arms

85 250sx
04-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Hello ive been looking for a +4 or 6 inch swing arm and have not had much luck everything i find is no good or to expensive. So now im contamplating on getting a friend of mine to extend my stock swing arm for me. i was wondering if this is hard to do? or if its just cut it in half and weld a spacer in between? I was also wondering what adjustments you have to make to your machine like suspension and read brake hose and parking brake cable do i have to get a stiffer shock or adjust it and do i have to get a longer brake hose and cable?
Thanks for any help you guys can give me

twgranger
04-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Their is a extended stock swingarm on ebay right now.

Red Rider
04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
250sx, I'm not speaking from experience here, just common sense, but if you extend the swingarm 4", I would assume the stock brake line would be 4" too short. If you want rear brakes, you'll have to get a longer brake line. As for the rear parking brake, most people that extend their swingarms probably get a parking brake block-off plate & eliminate the parking brake all together.

85 250sx
04-04-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah i saw the one on ebay and it looks like its been to hell and back and about the brake hose i just wasnt sure because its kinda loose in there and and just thought maybe once you make it straing it just might reach

jenndnn3
04-04-2005, 08:53 PM
At 4in I just rewrap my brake lines. They fit if you just move them around the frames. I can get picts of it if you like. I dont remember exactly how I did it. The best way is to take 2 stocks swingarms, one that is worthless, then you have matching spacers. The guy who did mine did fabulous job on it. Anything longer you will prob need longer lines.

85 250sx
04-04-2005, 09:01 PM
hey jenndnn3 that would be great if you could take some pictures for me so i can see where exactly you welded the spacer blocks on at and the brake hose and if you could also take some side shots so i can see how it looks with the +4 did you have to do anythign to your shock like make it stiffer or anyting? and how do you like the +4 vs stock does it keep the front tire down easier? thanks i

jenndnn3
04-04-2005, 09:25 PM
These are older picts. enjoy. Hollar what else you need. But basically after he used the pieces from a junk swinger, he put braces all the way up on the inside. Before it was painted you can really see the braces after the paint they blended in and gave a good finished look. 4 inches was perfect I think. I dont have an incredibly built trike, and it does wonders for keeping the wheel down. It doesnt effect turns either that much. I didnt notice the wider turning until I put the hubs on. On the shock no change was needed. You may want to change yours depenping on what you want. But both my R and X have stock shocks. The X is 6 over.