PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

roger86200x
04-02-2005, 05:54 PM
What is up with the classifieds part of 3ww? What happened to the site, it used to be so active and cool but now nothing is happening.... I posted this here cuz its the ONLY forum with activity

twgranger
04-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Read the rules.

Lots_Of_Nothing
04-02-2005, 07:24 PM
http://img228.exs.cx/img228/7164/emptyroom5rn.jpg

max
04-03-2005, 03:45 PM
i do agree. not much activity.

TRI Z Racer
04-03-2005, 04:24 PM
i would imagine the classified section would be less active because people figured out that stuff sells faster on ebay. also more people see the stuff on ebay. there is now a new forum on ebay links and stuff. if someone wanted to try and sell something they could simply reference it in a post there. atleast thats what i thought the forum was for, i could be and probly am wrong.

tyler

83185s
04-03-2005, 07:14 PM
lol..i agree.alothough i posted something in the past 5 days and now there is about 10 others above it..lol lots of nothing..thats dick! lol jk...

grundlegrabber
04-04-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't like the "one post per page" rule in the classifieds. If you post something there, you can't post again until either your post is deleted or it gets moved to the 2nd page, which takes awhile as not too many are posting there. Ebay is taking away all the "good deals" that we used to find in the classified sections of boards like this. I gotta admit I myself throw just about everything on ebay, just easier to unload it there.

Coty
04-04-2005, 10:51 PM
grundlegrabber "I don't like the "one post per page" rule in the classifieds. If you post something there, you can't post again until either your post is deleted or it gets moved to the 2nd page, which takes awhile as not too many are posting there. Ebay is taking away all the "good deals" that we used to find in the classified sections of boards like this. I gotta admit I myself throw just about everything on ebay, just easier to unload it there."

HMMMMM......"Do You Pay For This Site?" :twisted:

LonesomeTriZ
04-05-2005, 12:15 AM
I agree with the one post per page rule. If it was not there some people would abuse it. I personally do not like the fact that we can not post a reply to a clssified add, like in the other threads. It would be more effective if it was a discussion. I have sole stuff on other sires as a result of that difference. That is just my oppinion though.

Howdy
04-05-2005, 07:57 AM
I agree with the one post per page rule. If it was not there some people would abuse it. I personally do not like the fact that we can not post a reply to a clssified add, like in the other threads. It would be more effective if it was a discussion. I have sole stuff on other sires as a result of that difference. That is just my oppinion though.

That is exactly why we had to make that rule. We originally had like 25 threads on the front page. One user ( No Names ) had 8+ of them. The kicker was everything he was selling was for the same machine. It was nuts.

Despite what everyone thinks we are not trying to push everything to ebay. We are just trying to give everyone equal Front page time. There isn't a limit on how many items you can list in your posting either. If you have 500 ATV parts then list them ( in 1 posting ).

Also, If you need a posting deleted then let us know. You can do this by sending a email or PM any of the moderators / admins. You can / should also edit your posting and put delete in there. I search the Classifieds every so often for the word "delete" ( I try 1-2 times a week if time allows ). And I remove the ones that need to be removed.

Howdy

Ddw350
04-05-2005, 11:38 PM
i always look on the classified forum before ebay.to me i'd rather sell[or buy] an atc part from a 3wheelerworld member who takes the time to answer members questions and give advice on posts,really i dont care if i pay a little more,or sell for a little less......as long as a member is involved,instead of some dude trying to sell a part on ebay for a 89 atc350x![no kidding,ive seen this a few times...]but some times you have to go through ebay,cause 3ww doesnt have like millions of members selling stuff!

LonesomeTriZ
04-06-2005, 08:19 AM
i always look on the classified forum before ebay.to me i'd rather sell[or buy] an atc part from a 3wheelerworld member who takes the time to answer members questions and give advice on posts,really i dont care if i pay a little more,or sell for a little less......as long as a member is involved,instead of some dude trying to sell a part on ebay for a 89 atc350x![no kidding,ive seen this a few times...]but some times you have to go through ebay,cause 3ww doesnt have like millions of members selling stuff!

I agree. I feel the same way. I bet an 89 350X is pretty rare :rolleyes: