PDA

View Full Version : Larry's Place ........a gold mine of ATC parts!

Huffa
04-02-2005, 04:52 PM
I went there today for the 1st time in 5-7 years. It's still exactly the same with the 3 wheeler parts up stairs. Absolute gold mine if you could only find the gold. :cry:

I really enjoy doing this but ran out of time. I was in my glory sitting on parts and rooting thru them and thought I had 2 hours left of fun when 1:00 rolled around and they were closing to my dismay. I thought they were open till 3:00 :cry:

Who knows all what I stepped on! More parts get ruined, broke and scratched then if they were on the bike itself! .........and that's the truth! The pictures will prove it.

Some parts (not alot) are brand spankin new too!

Larry is just a cool & kind guy. Points you in the direction to go and lets you alone all day. His father hangs out and collects the doe. Very, very old fashion and I like that. Next time though I'm getting there when the door opens and not leaving till the door closes. Not many parts are marked either which why you must spend all day there.

I found one item (in great shape) for you 350X guys and a brand new item for you 110 guys that is hard to find. Heck, even Laryy was surprized I found the 110 :D parts. I stashed it good so next time up I can buy it for whoever is interested.

Give me a bit fo time and I'll post more pictures of the place. Quite fasinating!

twgranger
04-02-2005, 05:07 PM
That is alot of parts!

Huffa
04-02-2005, 05:11 PM
That is alot of parts!

Thats nothing just wait till i post the rest! Here are just a few items i found. I think he had at least 3 250 R tanks. All kinds of tanks for that matter!

250R tank, 86 350X skid plate in GREAT shape (just dirty & I brought home for any 3WW member who wants it! ) and the best find........ BRAND SPANKIN NEW chain guards for a 110 I think. I had thought they were for a 200S but Larry said no and was pretty sure a 110. Thay are now stashed for my taking.

Huffa
04-02-2005, 05:45 PM
86 350X skid plate - all cleaned up.

Huffa
04-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Now you can see just why I'm there so long!

Huffa
04-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Just a few more of the 1000's of parts.

Even the bathroom has all kinds of reading material and probably it's for sale. I didn't take a long enough **** to read any though nor did I have the time.

The trip clamps were about 1 of 4 things that I found that were marked. :rolleyes:

MTS
04-02-2005, 06:05 PM
thats like the junkyard hear only not near as many parts or bikes.....man i could spend forever in that place!!

Huffa
04-02-2005, 06:25 PM
thats like the junkyard hear only not near as many parts or bikes.....man i could spend forever in that place!!

It was heaven! :D

Tri-ZNate
04-02-2005, 06:37 PM
I take it your in southern PA?

chris200x
04-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey Huffa. Your like a kid in a candy store!!! How can that guy find anything in there? I could use a heat shield for my header next time you go.

What about outside any trikes to pick off of? I couldn't really tell by the pics.

Huffa
04-02-2005, 07:04 PM
I take it your in southern PA?

NorthEast......... Above Allentown, PA just a hair.

Tri-ZNate
04-02-2005, 07:10 PM
NorthEast......... Above Allentown, PA just a hair.

Just above Allentown? Do you know where Tunkhannock, pa is?

BIGCRIP28
04-02-2005, 09:34 PM
you actually want a chain guard on a 110?
all the people i see always take those things off.

Maine_Triker
04-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Look for Hondaline parts (speedos, headlight guards, rubber footpegs, and all that other good stuff) :cool: Nice place.

trikerider2oo7
04-02-2005, 10:38 PM
is that all the pics you got? i would like to see more if you have them..also, do you know what kind of bike that rcm exhaust is for?

Huffa
04-02-2005, 10:42 PM
you actually want a chain guard on a 110?
all the people i see always take those things off.

Who said it's for me? I'm just showing it in case any one is interested.

........and yes, if it was a youngster riding one, I would demand it stays on for safety reasons.

Huffa
04-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey Huffa. Your like a kid in a candy store!!! How can that guy find anything in there? I could use a heat shield for my header next time you go.

What about outside any trikes to pick off of? I couldn't really tell by the pics.

He can't! That's your job!

You want a heat shield, I need an exact picture of it.

Yes there was a few 200's among other makes outside but it was raining like a mother and nearing 1:00 so had to leave. It takes a good 1/2 hour till you start actually rooting thru things. Just too many things to see. I didn't even get to look at the "motor room"!

Huffa
04-02-2005, 10:52 PM
is that all the pics you got? i would like to see more if you have them..also, do you know what kind of bike that rcm exhaust is for?

Actually i did have more pictures but had to delete some as I used up all on camera and needed them for other pictures of something on the way home.

RCM was a 350X I think but no guts to it. Totally hollow.

Huffa
04-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Just above Allentown? Do you know where Tunkhannock, pa is?

Now I do,

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=&city=Tunkhannock&state=pa&zipcode=

Good riding up there? Wanna check Larry's out?

chris200x
04-02-2005, 11:00 PM
He can't! That's your job!

You want a heat shield, I need an exact picture of it.

Yes there was a few 200's among other makes outside but it was raining like a mother and nearing 1:00 so had to leave. It takes a good 1/2 hour till you start actually rooting thru things. Just too many things to see. I didn't even get to look at the "motor room"!

That would be a problem...I don't have one!!! Let me know next time you go. I'll go for the ride. Maybe we should just rent a large uhaul and take everything...you got some room in your garage now that the 200x is no longer there. :D

Huffa
04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
That would be a problem...I don't have one!!! Let me know next time you go. I'll go for the ride. Maybe we should just rent a large uhaul and take everything...you got some room in your garage now that the 200x is no longer there. :D

It should be no problem at all. Thats what 3WW is for! Just ask someone to post a close up shot of anything you need! Print it out and bring it on down. I'm sure you can find a shot of it somewhere easily!

I'd love to go down this Saturday again if possible. I wish i could make a deal where I organize the top ATC section and get my picks of parts! A whole lot of work though :rolleyes:

You should see the dump truck load of rims outside. Gold, silver, steel, aluminum etc, etc......... end of day though so didn't get a close up look. Like I say, 3 hours just isn't long enough :rolleyes:

chris200x
04-02-2005, 11:33 PM
I could probably just bring my header along to try and match something up.

Your Idea obout organizing reminds me of "will work for food" lmao!!! That would take weeks to do. All the goodies are at the bottom of that pile...just something to sleep on.hehehe

Huffa
04-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I could probably just bring my header along to try and match something up.

Your Idea obout organizing reminds me of "will work for food" lmao!!! That would take weeks to do. All the goodies are at the bottom of that pile...just something to sleep on.hehehe

Thats what I will do except work for trike parts! Maybe I can get us both a Saturday job down there. :D

Yea it would take weeks but imagine the $$ if all was labeled! 2 guys came up stairs, looked in and just went right back down the stairs saying "I don't have time for this".

Well not all the goodies. I hid some :naughty: :naughty:

Huffa
12-06-2006, 05:41 PM
This is a Old Thread but Chris and I are going down there on Saturday and we just want to know if anyone needs anything?

More then likely we won't find it, but you never know.

We need an exact picture of the part, since almost nothing down there is labeled.

chris200x
12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Geez gary... reading through this old thread.. I still had my POS 200x and John and bruce were still buddies.. :lol: :rolleyes: :banned: :D sorry john... and bruce...

I'll be bringin my camera and my wallet this time!:w00t: hopefully find some nice rims that fit the SX.

Huffa
12-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Geez gary... reading through this old thread.. I still had my POS 200x and John and bruce were still buddies.. :lol: :rolleyes: :banned: :D sorry john... and bruce...

I'll be bringin my camera and my wallet this time!:w00t: hopefully find some nice rims that fit the SX.

Bruce up in NY? Fill me in Chris, what happened? Bruce still around here yet?

Who's John?

Wheels, YEP you may luck out! I got really nice ones there for my 225 a while back.

Ya mean you will actually have $$ ?? :lol:

This may turn out to be more fun then riding!! Bring a flashlight too.

ceaserthethird
12-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Could that 250R tank Be Restored ?

or is it to fare gone ?

Huffa
12-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Could that 250R tank Be Restored ?

or is it to fare gone ?

I would say, with a lot of work, it is totally restoreable.

That is in the stage where you would 1st use a razor blade to scrape it down THEN start the long wet sanding process. I restored a tank almost that bad and it turned out quite nice.

With the shape that is in, I would think he can't be asking too much for it. That was a long time ago when the picture was taken so he may not even have it, I'll bet he does though! :beer

chris200x
12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Bruce up in NY? Fill me in Chris, what happened? Bruce still around here yet?

Who's John?

Wheels, YEP you may luck out! I got really nice ones there for my 225 a while back.

Ya mean you will actually have $$ ?? :lol:

This may turn out to be more fun then riding!! Bring a flashlight too.

LOl... that's not important.. OLD NEWS just like this thread. Just goofing around is all. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to bring my helmet along to wear in the car if your driving! :wondering :lol: :lol: :lol:

That 250r tank will clean right up with ALOT of fine sanding.

Huffa
12-06-2006, 06:24 PM
LOl... that's not important.. OLD NEWS just like this thread. Just goofing around is all. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to bring my helmet along to wear in the car if your driving! :wondering :lol:

That 250r tank will clean right up with ALOT of fine sanding.

I had the moonroof welded shut! :lol: I don't think you would fit through it anyway ! :lol: :lol: :lol: I crack myself up sometimes, don't you think I'm funny? :lol: :lol:

That tank will need some course sanding 1st though, and lets not fool anyone here, it needs a LOT of work but then again it depends on what your after as far as a 1-10 scale tank.

gravelord
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
exactly where is this place!? i gatta mapquest and see how far away it is. whats the addy? I have to go there if its within like 2 or 3 hour drive one day.

Huffa
12-06-2006, 06:29 PM
exactly where is this place!? i gatta mapquest and see how far away it is. whats the addy? I have to go there if its within like 2 or 3 hour drive one day.

Ya free this Saturday? Meet us down there buddy!

I'll find the address for you, hold on, be back.

Huffa
12-06-2006, 06:37 PM
gravelord, your not far at all ! Hours are 10-1 on Saturday. 3 hours is NOT a long time when you have to do a lot of digging for parts!

Come on down !! :welcome:

We will be there 10:00 sharp !!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?mo=ma&1gi=0&un=m&go=1&1a=163+S+Main+St&1c=Richlandtown&1g=7VBPXtg3PnvqKN7mC6uY8w%253d%253d&1l=0x28BJbx18jO2XtywtLKow%253d%253d&2c=Hillsborough&1da=-1.000000&1rc=L1AAA&cl=EN&1n=BUCKS+COUNTY&2ffi=1&2g=P2dvVE8vns0iSnxCsfTReQ%253d%253d&qq=1ADqpk24ofA0srYb16QGNkHsSnAyofbGxP%252ffth6%252 f0WxH1Vs1nIy7ZTRO1JvSuNkQlIkOqO2es06OagV7hmEkI1Ddq FSauOp8CSPHupySGfqXub8WmMY59Zg03Ap%252fh6idAs79EB2 fe6ICUTdEf78oLX56VR9vSTFM4VyZ6hVAm8iWdbH41CUX9lYUs Y0YU2a00ycb%252fw8xKaBBpyZ0Q24Cd6yi3T1FU4h6fxYbnkQ aqzIqh6B6%252fsJoJB9Dn4XBGU3EL7h7ND1zHLuHRX7yGfEgk 5G8KQZqlz%252bC&1s=PA&2l=jMBaapmwQKVAiGeude%252bMhQ%253d%253d&ct=NA&1v=ADDRESS&1y=US&1z=18955-1050&1si=navt&2s=NJ&2v=CITY&did=1165444353&2y=US&rsres=1&do=nw&r=f&dorev=1

After that we are going to (a bit south of Larry's) just check out (just for the heck of it) a pretty decent SX for sale

:beer http://www.mpgmotors.com/1985Honda250SX.html ........not bad , ya know!

chris200x
12-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I had the moonroof welded shut! I don't think you would fit through it anyway ! :lol: I crack myself up sometimes, don't you think I'm funny? :lol:

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your a real funny guy! :rolleyes:

does he let you take parts off the bikes outside? do we need tools if I see something that catches my eye?

Oh man... i'd really like to find a set of those dick cepeck fun country tires like are on the back of that SX. rims look nice as well...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/DSCN8518-600x450.jpg

Huffa
12-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Bikes out side, yep, he will let you take parts off of them. One section is customers bikes though. He works on bikes too ya know.

Any bike outside you should ask 1st though.

Tools, we do need them and I'll bring them all. I just bring the basic 8,10,12,13& 14 wrenches and sockets, a few pliers, vise grips SLEDGE HAMMER and srew drivers and that ought to do it. He has PLENTY of tools there if we would need a specialty tool.

There are VERY FEW shops anymore that just leave you go on your way and browse for as long as you like! I hope that never changes, takes the fun out of it, ya know?

I don't care if we don't find anything but it sure would be nice to come home with a few goodies.

One time (get this, what LUCK!!) my step brother and I went down for a whole tail light assembly for his 1973 SL70 cycle. We were not there 10 minutes and I say JOHN, CHECK THIS OUT !!!! There on the shelf sits a Honda OEM SL 70 tailight assembly STILL IN the package!! We got it for 40 bucks which was a steal considering it was brand new!!

He has 1000's and 1000's of carbs, 100's of motors but they are all on top of each other, very hard to get to. Another floor is just tons of gas tanks and seats and plastic hanging all over the place.

Huffa
12-06-2006, 07:37 PM
I wonder if they still have this machine down there yet?

He wanted 250 for it which I thought was a fair deal.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=34601&highlight=ottsville

jason85atc250r
12-06-2006, 08:23 PM
hey i'll meet you guys down there on saturday. i plan on going to my buddies farm where all my toyota trucks for parts are at. it;s near Cabelas.

his place is like this guys parts place but with toyota's and jeep's. i have 75 trucks and he has around 100 old jeeps.

i know of another auto junk yard that has a motorcycle/atv/ lawnmower section it north west of there. you go up 309n to 895w.

chris200x
12-06-2006, 08:43 PM
hey i'll meet you guys down there on saturday. i plan on going to my buddies farm where all my toyota trucks for parts are at. it;s near Cabelas.

his place is like this guys parts place but with toyota's and jeep's. i have 75 trucks and he has around 100 old jeeps.

i know of another auto junk yard that has a motorcycle/atv/ lawnmower section it north west of there. you go up 309n to 895w.

:cool: maybe I can finally get to see that 185 and 200 you have as well... :D

jason85atc250r
12-06-2006, 08:49 PM
i'll try to bring them along. i just got done printing out the directions.

Huffa
12-06-2006, 08:55 PM

Up by New Ringold? What's the name, you know?

You (:crazy: ) :lol: have 75 Toyotas??? Am I understanding you right?

I love Toyota's but say 3.0 V-6 and that's a baaaaaaad word! That word cost me over $5,000.00 :mad: :mad:

jason85atc250r
12-06-2006, 09:02 PM

yes it's the EZ PULL the junk yard. there was a 86 trx250 and a couple yamaha quads and trikes in there. last time i was there somone just dumped off a lt185 suzuki,

yep i have 75 toyota trucks for parts up there. i sell stuff on ebay under user name toyota_parts_dude.

i have a 85 4runner with 8" lift 35"tires thats parked there that runs and drives. i9t was rear ended by a semi truck. i use it for a beater when i fell like having fun. we could go up there afterwards and beat on it for awhile.:lol:

Huffa
12-06-2006, 09:07 PM
yes it's the EZ PULL the junk yard. there was a 86 trx250 and a couple yamaha quads and trikes in there. last time i was there somone just dumped off a lt185 suzuki,

yep i have 75 toyota trucks for parts up there. i sell stuff on ebay under user name toyota_parts_dude.

i have a 85 4runner with 8" lift 35"tires thats parked there that runs and drives. i9t was rear ended by a semi truck. i use it for a beater when i fell like having fun. we could go up there afterwards and beat on it for awhile.:lol:

SHAAZAM, that's a lot of trucks. How long have you been doing that for?

OH, and great that your coming down to Larrys, see you there! :beer

jason85atc250r
12-06-2006, 09:13 PM
ive been parting them out for about 4 1/2 years now.

i'll see you guys down ther saturday for sure.

Teeksoffroad
12-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Does this place have any old minibikes ?

Huffa
12-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Does this place have any old minibikes ?

It's possible, I'm sure at times they do.

I have this "custom" jobber for 25 bucks. Quite the heavy duty front end on it. Not sure if it was powder coated purple or what but it is a decent paint job. CerCertainly no rattle can job.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/MINIBIKEFRAMEsmall.jpg

jason85atc250r
12-07-2006, 12:11 AM

I love Toyota's but say 3.0 V-6 and that's a baaaaaaad word! That word cost me over $5,000.00 :mad: :mad:

yep 3.0 v6 is a bad word to me also. i drive only the 22re 4 cylinders they run forever compared to the 3.slows. i'll be rolling in the 86 toyota dually saturday.

XTrumpX
12-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Does he have some 68-72 Z50 parts? If so, I'm looking for a few parts to finish up about 5 different bikes. I need exhaust, tail lights, tanks and bars. If someone wants to do some shopping for me, I'd sit on the phone with ya while you shop.

Huffa
12-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Does he have some 68-72 Z50 parts? If so, I'm looking for a few parts to finish up about 5 different bikes. I need exhaust, tail lights, tanks and bars. If someone wants to do some shopping for me, I'd sit on the phone with ya while you shop.

Sure we'll look. By the mess that you can see in the pictures, I'm sure Larries guess is as good as ours.

You got 2 days, post pictures of the part or links to the whole machine or whatever, anything to help us identify the part.

Stay Home from 10 to 1, so your avaiable if we do find something.

PM Chris or I your phone #.

I don't have a wallet 3 inches thick, so if we don't have enough $$ we will simply set the parts aside till you pay us.

Give us your exact list also, I'll print it out and show it to Larrrrrrrrr.

XTrumpX
12-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Sure we'll look. By the mess that you can see in the pictures, I'm sure Larries guess is as good as ours.

You got 2 days, post pictures of the part or links to the whole machine or whatever, anything to help us identify the part.

Stay Home from 10 to 1, so your avaiable if we do find something.

PM Chris or I your phone #.

I don't have a wallet 3 inches thick, so if we don't have enough $$ we will simply set the parts aside till you pay us.

Give us your exact list also, I'll print it out and show it to Larrrrrrrrr.

11-2 my time (Illinois). I'll send you a pic of a finished bike and tell you which parts to look for. If you can't find them, no problem. I'll PM you my number. If they have them and you can put them on the side, cool. Money's not an object, we'll work that out.

FastZ28
12-08-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm in, I'll meet you guys there and bring my camera too. Look forward to meeting you guys.

chris200x
12-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Gary.. If you can maybe you should call ahead and make sure this guy is around saturday morning. Wouldn't want to show up to a locked door.

Huffa
12-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Gary.. If you can maybe you should call ahead and make sure this guy is around saturday morning. Wouldn't want to show up to a locked door.

I already thought of that and did call them 2 days ago, got a recording they are open 10-1 but that isn't to say for sure they are open THIS Saturday, so WILL DO, I'll call them today and let you guys know.

Huffa
12-08-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm in, I'll meet you guys there and bring my camera too. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Cool buddy! We are about to the limit of how many guys will fit in that small room on the 2nd story. :lol:

Huffa
12-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Hey XTRUMPX

Which one of these Z50 kill switches do you need? Also, is this the right tail light your after?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/Z50bike.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/z50kill004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/z50killswitch.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/Z50taillight.jpg

Huffa
12-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Anyone need any more parts, post them on here, too time consuming for me to read my PM's and go back and fourth.

Need :pics: pictures :pics: too!!

Thanks, ya bunch of dudes!

Huffa
12-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Dress warm guys because I think the upstairs is NOT heated. Bring gloves that you can leave on while finding long lost treasures of ATC parts! (I hope)

Weird, no one else needs any parts ?? :wondering

Tanks, fenders, seats , swingarms, exhaust, bars, carb, wheels, brake pedal, shifter, etc...................... ??????

T3 LOPES
12-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I could use some 85 200x front and rear fenders!! To bad its so far away.

Huffa
12-08-2006, 03:59 PM
I could use some 85 200x front and rear fenders!! To bad its so far away.

Shipping for a front and rear fender should be between 20 & 25 at most I would imagine.

You'll kick yourself if we come across a nice set, more then likely not, but if we do are you interested?

If so, be around on Saturday (1st 1/2 of day) and PM me your phone #.

We will be there 10-1. EST

chris200x
12-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Gary.. sorry I missed your call ealier this afternoon. perhaps we can stop somewhere tomorrow for a bite and a brew. I'll see you 8AM sharp! This is actually pretty exciting. I can hardly wait!

XTrumpX
12-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey XTRUMPX

Which one of these Z50 kill switches do you need? Also, is this the right tail light your after?

Those kill switches are from newer bikes. The kill switch is located right under the under the tank, right behind the steering column. It's a little toggle switch. Looks like this.
http://i5.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/7c/de/2c54_1.JPGhttp://i22.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/7c/de/2c27_1.JPG
And the tank I'm looking for is the same as that pic, round badges. 70-72 had oval badges. I'll take either one if in real good shape.

Here's the taillight bracket. A lot of these are cracked at the bends in the face plate.
http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/7c/6a/81d6_1_b.JPG

I appreciate all the help. Just wish they had a big boneyard near Chicago. The just got rid of the last one 3 years ago, huge auction... wish I was there :cry:

Huffa
12-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Those kill switches are from newer bikes. The kill switch is located right under the under the tank, right behind the steering column. It's a little toggle switch. Looks like this.
http://i5.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/7c/de/2c54_1.JPGhttp://i22.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/7c/de/2c27_1.JPG
And the tank I'm looking for is the same as that pic, round badges. 70-72 had oval badges. I'll take either one if in real good shape.

Here's the taillight bracket. A lot of these are cracked at the bends in the face plate.
http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/7c/6a/81d6_1_b.JPG

I appreciate all the help. Just wish they had a big boneyard near Chicago. The just got rid of the last one 3 years ago, huge auction... wish I was there :cry:

No wonder on some of those Z50's I could not see them. I bet that is going to be tough to find?? We shall see!

brapp
12-08-2006, 11:51 PM
damnman *Edited**Edited* takin all my secret stash away. and dont ask him abotu any tigers i have been askign him for abotu 6 years now and he will not budge on them he has a 200 in another warehouse

firefirefire90
12-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Nice! If you guys find any 250R pipes/silencer's or 250R motors that don't run...a 34mm 2 stroke carb(250R carb) it would be appreciated. I really need 250R shazz for real.

chris200x
12-09-2006, 12:28 AM
I'll be looking for a Sx HL guard for mapyang. I know the 250R bolts up. how's bout the 200X guard.. that is if I find any at all.

Huffa
12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Nice! If you guys find any 250R pipes/silencer's or 250R motors that don't run...a 34mm 2 stroke carb(250R carb) it would be appreciated. I really need 250R shazz for real.

I remember a few R pipes and tanks for sure. We will be click, clickity clickin lots of pictures I'll bet.

XTrumpX
12-09-2006, 02:46 AM
Finding that toggle is like finding a needle in a hay-stack. Finding one un-broken is like trying to find a needle in the hay-stack while blindfolded, with arm arm tied behind your back while someone is shaving your ars. (Did I say that last part outloud?) :rolleyes:

XTrumpX
12-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Well? What's the word on Larry's? Everyone find what they needed? More importantly, did everyone find what I needed :naughty:

Huffa
12-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Well? What's the word on Larry's? Everyone find what they needed? More importantly, did everyone find what I needed :naughty:

Not saying he doesn't have any Z50 parts but we didn't see any. 3 Hours is just not enough time to do any major searching.

I did manage to find and buy my 110 chain case guards that I stashed over a year ago!

I bought this tank that was never used (darn nice, not mint though) for a $100. That was the asking price, I said throw in the never used guards and you have a deal. I thought that was fair considering they are in way above average shape and never used.

The flash makes the fill rim on tank look more rusted then it really is.

Fear not, I will be back again fairly soon and plan to stay longer, I have your list yet. He said the toggel switch does not seem a stock Honda item, I told him you insist it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC03351.jpg

XTrumpX
12-10-2006, 01:33 AM
He said the toggel switch does not seem a stock Honda item, I told him you insist it is.
Oh yes it was... but only in '68. '69 and on, they went to the keys. Trust me, I know the Z50 hardtails like Mohawk and Erectordale know their Tigers. I have 5 complete bikes and 10 others being worked on. I have 2-'68's that are almost complete but I'm missing those switches. All the other parts are on their way home as we speak. I could go with a repro, but they have a metal toggle. 1 of them does need the plastic togle because that will put it at a 100 point bike. I won't tell you how long it took to find the ivory colored levers, both left and right. And I wont tell you how much it cost for an original 8 panel seat (much more then a OEM 250r seat) :(

I do appreciate you looking. I might be out that way after the 1st of the year. I'm checking out 2 yards in Illinois next week.

chris200x
12-10-2006, 09:04 AM
My new 185 :naughty:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys053.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys117.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys050.jpg
They were asking $600 for this zinger
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys055.jpg
another one he as working on inside.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys056.jpg

chris200x
12-10-2006, 09:15 AM
a few carbs... :wondering
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys057.jpg

a couple motors..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys087.jpg

cables anyone? :rolleyes:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys058.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys071.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys061.jpg

chris200x
12-10-2006, 09:31 AM
another 70..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys070.jpg

I think we seen about 3 or 4 250R tanks. also two half decent tecate tanks as well.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys072.jpg
i have no iead what these are. :wondering
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys086.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys088.jpg

this guy give ther word "packrat" a whole new meaning.. :lol:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys091.jpg

firefirefire90
12-10-2006, 09:38 AM
If your wondering, those inline carbs are for the four cylinder motorcycles. Any of my 250R pipes or anything over there? Maybe any 250R motors? That tank on the 70(with flames) looks PERFECT! Nice steal on that 185. She looks like a sweet deal!

chris200x
12-10-2006, 09:51 AM
swingarms..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys123.jpg

I believe this is a T3 tank
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys077.jpg
some rims and tires
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys064.jpg
Jason looking for an exhuast..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys073.jpg
not sure bout these..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys090.jpg

all in all I had a pretty fun day. I was kinda under theweather but we made the most of it. I'd go back but would need to get tetnous shot first! :lol:

Louis Mielke
12-10-2006, 09:54 AM
That last picture is all carbs.

firefirefire90
12-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Well I just spotted a liquid 250R pipe right next to Jason at about 10 o'clock from that really rusted out sectional performance pipe for the 81-84 250R.

chris200x
12-10-2006, 10:14 AM
a few more.. :naughty:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys095.jpg
Huffa with a half decent R tank..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys102.jpg
I wonder what treasurs lie hiddin in this box?
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys112.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys108.jpg

gravelord
12-10-2006, 07:04 PM
i called up to ask a few things about what they have and prices, the day i couldnt make it. i told him to say hi to all the 3-wheeler guys there for me :)

chris200x
12-10-2006, 07:36 PM
i called up to ask a few things about what they have and prices, the day i couldnt make it. i told him to say hi to all the 3-wheeler guys there for me :)

HAHAHA!!! LOL... We were standing there talkin to the dude when you called. "say hi to the three wheeler dudes" he said! :lol: :naughty:

IMO his prices are kinda high.. he likes to haggle though and the more stuff you buy the cheaper it gets. I came home with a newer kill switch for my lt230 for $30. Probably coulda got it cheaper but I wasnt feeling well and didnt feel like haggling. Which remeinds me... Jay... thanks for lettin me crash in your truck! ;) :lol:

jason85atc250r
12-10-2006, 10:56 PM
swingarms..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys123.jpg

I believe this is a T3 tank
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys077.jpg
some rims and tires
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys064.jpg
Jason looking for an exhuast..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys073.jpg
not sure bout these..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/larrys090.jpg

all in all I had a pretty fun day. I was kinda under theweather but we made the most of it. I'd go back but would need to get tetnous shot first! :lol:

firefirefire90 ----- there are about 3 or 4 stock liquid colled atc 250r pipes in that pile. i think there was a stock trx one also. a couple silencers also.

i got a chrome or nickel plated trx250r Curtis Sparks mx pipe for $30. i got a banshee swingarm with the back of a trx250r swingarm welded on it. the good part it had a durablue extended axle ,good carrier and atfermarket aluminum brake bracket. hubs and one 200x stock wheel and one 84 250r stock wheel for $100 had a new looking sprocket also. it was laying by the tire pile.

i got 2 old style 200x gasket kits and a trx250x top end one also. he has boxes of new gasket kits shops were sick off looking at.

i'm selling that 83 185s to Chris200x i brought it alng for him to look at. the deal was struck for $200

XTrumpX
12-11-2006, 06:19 AM
So, who is heading out there next and when? I see something in one of those pictures that is of interest to me.

chris200x
12-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Not too sure when I'm headed back.. I'm sure one of these other guys are headed there pretty soon. Their number (cannot see the first digit in the pic) is 215 536 6958. If noone can help maybe give them a call and see if he's willing to ship your part (if feesable)

brapp
12-11-2006, 01:32 PM
my girlfried neigbor is adam that works there, i know him an di have been ther efor years and years before.

Huffa
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM
So, who is heading out there next and when? I see something in one of those pictures that is of interest to me.

I might be in another 2-3 weeks. What do you see?

I have a few $$ making schemes I'm brewing up in my head that I may try to work out with Larry. Doubt it/they will work, but it's worth a try.

Tri-ZNate
12-11-2006, 07:39 PM
So did anyone grab that sectional pipe or see any other air R pipes? I think i need to run down with ya guys next time

Huffa
12-11-2006, 08:40 PM
So did anyone grab that sectional pipe or see any other air R pipes? I think i need to run down with ya guys next time

I have this R81-82, didn't buy it from him, just trying to sell it FOR him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC03348.jpg

chris200x
12-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Huffa. If I rememeber correctly wasn't there was also a stock silencer for that pipe that was in really good shape? :wondering

That dude really needs to set up an ebay store to get rid of some of those parts. That place is a freakin fire hazard! :lol:

Huffa
12-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Huffa. If I rememeber correctly wasn't there was also a stock silencer for that pipe that was in really good shape? :wondering

That dude really needs to set up an ebay store to get rid of some of those parts. That place is a freakin fire hazard! :lol:

Might of been, I really can't recall :wondering

What I want to do is ask him if I can just LOAD my wagon with as many parts as possible and just try to slowly sell them on here.

All those wire harnesses (The whole ton of them upstairs) needs to be taken outside and sorted out. There might be tons of stuff hidden below the bundle too, who knows?

mnnmaz
12-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Hell show him eBay its a wonderfull thing! :)

Huffa
12-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Hell show him eBay its a wonderfull thing! :)

The guy really doesn't seem to have the time to dick with ebay, at least I think so.

I'd like to sell the stuff for him though and see how that works out.

chris200x
12-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Not really sure gary. I bet Jason could answer that better than me at the moment. My plans are just to get it running and maybe replace the cosmetics. Maybe bolt a trailer hitch to it so the boy can do some yardwork come springtime. Looking at the pics I would have to guess 200s forks perhaps. I got a bunch of pics of it but didn't feel like posting them all the other night.

Huffa
12-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Not really sure gary. I bet Jason could answer that better than me at the moment. My plans are just to get it running and maybe replace the cosmetics. Maybe bolt a trailer hitch to it so the boy can do some yardwork come springtime. Looking at the pics I would have to guess 200s forks perhaps. I got a bunch of pics of it but didn't feel like posting them all the other night.

Ya know what, I think they are stock and it's just that they look different because of having no forks boots on.

I may have a front fender that is quite a bit nicer then the one on there, still has stiches but not near as many as that one.

brapp
12-11-2006, 10:51 PM
lol you guys are all to late iu guys now are tryign to do what i hav edone for years lol. and larry doesnt care doesnt he say i have it soemwher ejust go find it lol

Huffa
12-11-2006, 10:56 PM
lol you guys are all to late iu guys now are tryign to do what i hav edone for years lol. and larry doesnt care doesnt he say i have it soemwher ejust go find it lol

Well he sure seemed to purk up when I offered to try to sell a few parts.

If those parts upstairs were sorted out, he would quaddriple his sales i'll bet.

BTW - he had no idea what a tiger is and you said he has one or two in his barn? He kept shaking is head as to say NO, nothing of the sort, even after we described it to him.

Brapp, you type too fast :lol: ...........slow down!

gravelord
12-11-2006, 11:08 PM
did the guy say hi to you guys for me? i called the day you were all there, and asked him about a few quick things he might have that i might want and told him to say hi to all the 3-wheeler guys there for me!

Huffa
12-11-2006, 11:22 PM
did the guy say hi to you guys for me? i called the day you were all there, and asked him about a few quick things he might have that i might want and told him to say hi to all the 3-wheeler guys there for me!

Chris, Jason and Z28 (I forgot your REAL name ) were all standing right there when you called. The guy said some dickhead is on the phone and .............:lol:

XTrumpX
12-11-2006, 11:24 PM
The guy really doesn't seem to have the time to dick with ebay, at least I think so.

Hell, if he uses ebay, no telling what he'd be asking since you said he was kind of high in price. You work your deal with him and help keep the costs down for the rest of us on here :naughty:

Huffa
12-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Hell, if he uses ebay, no telling what he'd be asking since you said he was kind of high in price. You work your deal with him and help keep the costs down for the rest of us on here :naughty:

I'm just doing it for the love of it mostly, I'd like to get free parts or make a little money for my efforts though.

What I'd REALLY like is to see his barn stash that is miles away somewhere. Not sure how much ATC garb is in there though.

FastZ28
12-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Was great lookin around and meeting Huffa, Jason and Chris.
Here are some pics I took.
A Kawi sumtin or other.

FastZ28
12-12-2006, 04:46 AM
Bunch or triple trees and forks, even a tecate set.

FastZ28
12-12-2006, 04:48 AM
Ok here we found out about a garage out back with fenders and stuff.
Some decent tri-moto fenders and a bunch of ragged seats.

FastZ28
12-12-2006, 04:57 AM
Heres a few more inside, Chris looking around, Huffa and his 250r pipe, a little super trapp and the trx250r pipe Jason grabbed.

I almost got a 350x swing arm, was rusty and the pivot pin bushing were rusted bad and the skid plate mount was bent some, I think he wanted too much for it.
He said 100 when I asked how much, then later he said 75 but I passed on it. There was also a really nice 350x front wheel, I was gonna ask about it but didn't.

I learned that Jason really knows his parts and bikes. I was impressed when he was identifing alot of parts. Huffa was really knowledgable too. Just wasn't alot of 350x parts like I was hoping. Was a good time for a few hours.

motorola79
12-12-2006, 02:32 PM
OUCH!
It hurts seeing so many DEAD 3 wheelers.......

ATC-Eric
12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
OUCH!
It hurts seeing so many DEAD 3 wheelers.......

What really bothers me is seeing dead three wheelers outside in the elements. At least the stuff inside is preserved. Most of that outside stuff will eventually rust into unusable condition :(

jason85atc250r
12-12-2006, 08:54 PM
i am going to call him on thursday after work about going there friday or saturday. he said he has 6 us 90's at the other place down the road.

i mite grab the 250x fenders and seat in the back shed.

what are you looking for XtrumpX

chris-----------those are the factory 83 forks on your 185s i sold you that was the 1st year for them

there was 3 liquid cooled 250r pipes in there and a couple silencers. the one was a DG one.

Huffa
12-13-2006, 12:13 AM
i am going to call him on thursday after work about going there friday or saturday. he said he has 6 us 90's at the other place down the road.

i mite grab the 250x fenders and seat in the back shed.

what are you looking for XtrumpX

chris-----------those are the factory 83 forks on your 185s i sold you that was the 1st year for them

there was 3 liquid cooled 250r pipes in there and a couple silencers. the one was a DG one.

Think we can (if I would happen to come, not sure just yet) get him to show us those 90's? I wanna see THE BARN !!! We/I can take pic's and maybe get a few of the 90's sold for him on 3WW?

We keep doing him favors, I'm sure he will do us some too!

Hey Jason, I was thinking, if we had about 5-6 guys (AT LEAST) down there can you imagine how quick we could assembly line that upstairs out!! Just keep a line of guys right to the outside and start a flow of parts going down, that is the ONLY way to find out what is truely hidden up top.

Then the picture process and parts identifacation process would take place. I'm sure a lot could not be identified but I'm also sure a lot could!

I think that would be fun to do and Larry would always remember us for it.

Anyone interested in this? Just curious to see, that's all. Chris is out, the guy got bored in 10 minutes upstairs, that no good .............. :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

4trax250
12-15-2006, 06:17 PM
hey there i need some parts for my 110 and 250 fourtrax where is this place. is it in allentown and how can i get hold of the place

Tri-ZNate
12-15-2006, 06:37 PM
look for a thread tomorrow night or so. Were going to a few "spots" tomorrow that havent been picked through

jason85atc250r
12-15-2006, 09:13 PM
i went down there today and he was not there to take me over to the other place with the us90's. his helper was there and he said the main guy we talked to father passed away. he was the larry on the sign that started the business way back. the guy said it was 40+ years ago.

i got the set of gray trx250x rear fenders and mint seat + the front hood and tank cover for $90. they were in the back shed/garage

i got a pair of real nice rear stock offset 250x hubs for $30. his helper said rear wheel hubs are $10 or $15 for real nice ones.

i'm going to head down again next friday to see about looking at the 90's. i need exhaust to get my 1970 us90 running.

blue27
12-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey jason I run down with you sometime but not this Fri, let me know next time you might want to go. Was that 70 with the flames for sale?

jason85atc250r
12-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey jason I run down with you sometime but not this Fri, let me know next time you might want to go. Was that 70 with the flames for sale?
i'll have to ask him this friday about thew old 70.

his helper said the rest of the 250x is down the road at his house i think. there was a set of handlebars with throttle cable and carb + on off switch up top with 250x written on the handle bars. all one big assembly. i found it barried under the exhaust pile.:lol:

i'll let you know the next time i can go on a saturday/

4trax250
12-17-2006, 07:05 PM
hey i cant wait to go there i need a crap load of parts but is the place only open on saturdays or are the open weekdays. does anyone know if he has and fourtraxs fenders like for a 250

Huffa
12-22-2006, 12:15 PM
I remember your guys thought a 100 bucks was a bit steep for this tank and I disagreed but got it for about $60-70 considering the other chain guards were thrown in.

You said you thought it would not fetch that much on ebay. WRONG ........... Sorry, just had to drill that in, that your way off.

A new one just like it recently "only" went for 300 bucks ! :Bounce

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC03351.jpg

Larrys prices high? I don't think so.

jason85atc250r
12-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Huffa

he asked today how your coming along with selling the 250r gas tanks and pipes.

i went today for the us 90 exhaust. he did not have any those 90's are really stripped. he has whats left of 3 us 90's and 3 77 or so 90 models at his house. theres 2 84 125m's and a 110. i got a orange rear us90 fenders from a 73 for $30. it has a slite crack in the one side.

i got a complete supertrap steel system that was buried in the pile. who knows what it from:lol: but it's in nice shape for $25. i plan on moddifying it to fit the us90. i got that brand new looking stock 200s front wheel and tire for $25. the 90 already has a newer front wheel assembly.

he has a big pile of fenders and seats at his house thats from the shed out back. just imagine the shed about 2 to 3 times as full:lol:

jason85atc250r
12-23-2006, 12:23 AM

the 70 with flames is a 1978 with a 73 gas tank. he said he wants $300 and it runs good he said also.

PA-ATCer
12-27-2006, 02:03 PM
This is the shop I take my Trikes to. Great guys, really down to earth.

Addicted
10-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Bringin this thread back :D

Aregistereduser
10-04-2011, 11:24 PM
this guy still got parts for sale 4 years later? i live around a hour away i never find places like this near me!

Swinger
10-04-2011, 11:29 PM
This place looks awesome. Got one kinda like it maybe half hr away but havent been there in a long time. Would love to visit this one! Lets get something set up for a weekend or something some day soon!!

atc007
10-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Never saw this thread!! I ran into Larry,,The Father. At a dealer sale up here,,,we bid the hell out of each other. I went over to him and said,,lets just split this stuff 50/50 and quit running each other to the moon!! We did,,What a DAY!!! Great guy,class act,,as all of you know that knew him. I think his son is now running it?

tripowersport
11-08-2013, 03:24 PM
bump,Good place just hard to find parts. http://www.larrysservicecenterpa.com/ 163 S Main St, Richlandtown, PA 18955
(215) 536-6958

oldtime3wheeler
11-09-2013, 04:47 PM
I have been.going there since 86. His son runs it since Larry passed. The trike parts are still upstairs. Still can.find some treasures if you look.

tmhcycle
11-12-2013, 08:55 AM
you should see his barn at his house and field filled with complete atcs, stacks of fenders, vintage snowmobiles. ive found many impossible parts there. being i grew up around there. everytime i visit family i go up to larrys with a list of atc parts and ship them back to CA.

maxdallasfan
11-12-2013, 09:33 AM
I used to live a mile away from Larry's. He hooked me up a few times with my 200s pull start.

As tmhcycle said: I've heard about either his or his dad's place being a 3 wheeler grave yard. Never saw it though.