PDA

View Full Version : I was just reading about ballon tires and.....

Huffa
03-31-2005, 09:38 PM
in an old post they were saying how they get quite a bit taller and skinnier when going fast. It's like having a trick varible transmission (sort of) then isn't it?

Go slower, it's geared lower and go faster, the gearing gets higher. I just wonder how extreme it changes the gearing? Guess it depends how hot they get and how much they expand due to the temperature. What plies they are also probably counts.

MTS
03-31-2005, 09:44 PM
man its nice when people answer there own questions, it dont effect them that much unless your running a really soft ply tire and have low tire pressure,

350x'inNY
03-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Huffa.... I think you got a lot of time on your hands! hahahaha :beer

You wanna come up and ride in May-ish?

Huffa
04-01-2005, 06:31 AM

You wanna come up and ride in May-ish?

My work gets slow this time of year so I do have more time.

I'd love to come up in May-ish but sure sure if the 225 will be finish-ished

Want to rent me one of yours? :D

Once mine is done lets make a moto track on your acres. Now that would be fun!............then I can teach you how to ride :D

I noticed you never email me with pictures or anything of your property or whatever which leads me to think your paranoid about giving out your email address. You think I'm going to give it out or what? Just curious?

Oh, I'm anxiously waiting for that gold wheel-tire, might arrive today. 225 is all ready for it. Parts cleaned up beautiful! I took the grey color off the forks as on most 3 wheelers I do. If the gray is primo then I'll leave it on but I think it looks so much better with it off + I love shiny parts.

I'd like to eventually find a nice set of fork boots. These will only clean up so nice any more and one has a tear :cry: I srubbed and scrubbed and they just don't come clean to my acceptable standards. The dirt seems impregnated into the rubber or something? It's those little details all over that makes a machine really nice. Boy did I get off the ballon subject :rolleyes: :D

Rex Karz
04-01-2005, 12:51 PM
My wooly boogers expand at speed. Love 'em.

straight pipe
04-01-2005, 01:24 PM
they do expand well. i had them on my 185s when i first bought it and the top end speed was impressive. i was clocked on gps goin 53mph and it was still pullin, then i changed the tires to strykers .. my traction improved but it slowed down lots.i haven't gps'd the speed since but it is really noticeable.

trikezilla
04-01-2005, 06:35 PM
My wooly boogers expand at speed. Love 'em.

hehe same here.... ;)

chris200x
04-01-2005, 07:10 PM

I think we all do.