PDA

View Full Version : Tri Moto 175 questions..

Trimoto175
03-30-2005, 03:02 AM
whats up.. i just got a 83 tri moto 175 from a dude i work with for $75 bucks.. looks decent for its age on the outside and it runs pretty well too.. I thought it had to be a heck of a deal so I picked it up, plus i'm still trying to learn as much more as i can about this type of stuff I figured it'd be a good project for that.. anyways.. i work at a yamaha shop and we got the motor out and we are rebuilding it, i've got the carb cleaned out and the frame repainted.. he gave me a couple sets of plastics the regular yellow sets and some cool lookin army set that is green with white stars lol.. but anyways there are still a quite a few things i wanna do with it.. and i have a couple questions..

1- I wanna get some sand tires for it.. I will probably get a 20X11X8 but the only 3/100 bolt pattern wheel douglas has is the 8x8 my question is.. will the 8x8 wheel on the 20X11X8 tire give it that balloon look or will it look about right? Balloon look I mean will the tire extend way out over the wheel and look way to big for it..?

2- I know there are exhausts for this thing, I've looked around a little bit and I'm guessing DG is my best bet??? Not really sure.. My question here is does anyone know where I can find a aftermarket exhaust for the YT175 or is there any 2 stroke exhaust close enough to be altered a little to fit a yt175.. or maybe someone has one used they wanna sell..?

3- Will blaster hubs fit on a 83 yt175 or do the splines not match up? If by some chance they do fit does it matter what year blaster hubs..?

Thats all I think I had for now.. these may seem like stupid questions.. thanks for the patience tho! Any help is greatly appriciated..!

rustbucket
03-30-2005, 09:36 AM
There is a exhaust on ebay for either a 125 or 175 can't remember.

bushwacker51
03-30-2005, 12:20 PM
No one makes aftermarket exhaust for the 175 tri-moto anymore. White brothers, and bassani use to make one. I think there is an aftermarket exhaust on e-bay now. You just need to keep watching ebay and eventually one will surface. Good luck Glenn Oister

Trimoto175
03-30-2005, 02:24 PM
k, thanks for the help.. anyone can help with my other two questions..??

whodeycincy
10-23-2009, 01:46 PM
four years later!!!! hey heard about the shop u work in. I have a 83 yt175.they put a weird plate in the clutch pack that year and i cant find anywher think u can help?

bushwacker51
10-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Okay I am going to have to wing this one from my memory since I do not have my shop maual with me. I remember I put a new plates and discs in my 175 and it slipped like crazy. I kept tearing it apart and putting it back togeteher never could figure out the problem until I read the shop manual. If I remember correctly there are different thicknesses in the clutch plates and you have to put the right number of clutch plates with the right thickness to meet the plus or minus number yamaha says. So you have to measure the thickness of the plates. I know its confusing but once I got the right thickness figured out the clutch worked great. Glenn O.