PDA

View Full Version : i think i got carb problems but i aint sure

Todd350x
03-30-2005, 01:33 AM
i have a 1986 350x and it wont run right it starts fine and run great at real low rpms but as soon as i get on i a lill bit its like it misses or seems like its flodin out for a sec aand i dont know y and i cant firgure out whut it is i cleaned the carb out real good and got a new plug but it still does it can it be that the weather is cold i know it ran liked a raped ape all summer ,banshees and a real hard time beating me and im even loseing lots of back compresion and i miss that three wheeler can anyone help me :wondering :confused:

DeePa
03-30-2005, 01:44 AM
where is your choke set at? Did the bike ever sit? Any chance stuff got gummed up in the carb that you missed? It does sound like a carb problem. Check the flow from the petcock on the gas tank. Remove the line to the carb from the tank, turn the tank on, and see if it flows out nice.

Did you clean out all of the little passages and make sure all of the gunk was out of the jets and jet holder? If not or you dont know, go try again. It doesnt take much for any jet to get plugged up, and it sounds like your pilot is fine, but when your main is kicking in, you get some trouble.
Where is your needle set at? (what clip, and im sure someone here knows the stock setting)

Others will help you a lot more than i will. Also, carb kits arent too expensive, so maybe its time for a nice overhaul on the carb.

edit...what was the old plug when you took it out, and make the symptoms happen again, then check the plug and tell us if its wet, and what color it is.

Hope this helps, and welcome to 3ww!

Mike

Todd350x
03-30-2005, 01:53 AM
i found a lill gunk in the one needle with the spring and gas run out real smooth from the petcock i already checked that and i lookked at all the jets and the where all open and clean and i know the one needle with the spring is all the way in and i dont know whut to set it at and when i changed the plug it was black it was almost fowledi dont even know how it wuz runnin lol