PDA

View Full Version : Artermarket 250r electrics?

whiteman350x
01-26-2003, 09:24 PM
What companies make after market electrical systems for 250r's? I see oem parts on ebay all the time b/c the guy has replaced them w/ aftermarket. My r (85) has lost fire, can't run it down, might just replace it all. You can feel it shock you, but fire will not jump the gap of the plug. I will be grateful for any help.

200x Basket
01-26-2003, 09:39 PM
msd does a kit for the trx it would be the same. depending on what the kit has you may need to get some trx parts. the plug ends are different on alot of the stuff so you may need a trx wiring harness.

J.D.
01-27-2003, 12:39 AM
Maybe try decreasing the gap? or a new plug?

skippy
01-27-2003, 01:00 AM
im pretty sure that msd kit also elimantes the headlight, tailight... right? just somethg to thk about..

ChrisD
01-27-2003, 11:09 PM
9 times out of 10, if it isn't something stupid like a dirty connection, it'll be your stator. I've never had a coil/cd box, etc go bad. Stators are very common.

MSD ignitions and PVL ignitions will eliminatr your lighting, they are expensive $400, and they do not make a performance difference. I would put a meter on your stator to see if it's in spec and call it a day.

I run a PVL on one of my bikes and all in all. It's OK, but it's not worth losing lighting.