PDA

View Full Version : Check this item out........a thumb assist extention.

Huffa
03-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Never saw it before. I never had a problem with the stock ones but I guess if you have real small hands (or a small thumb :D ) it might be a worth while investment? In the picture though it looks so far out towards end of bar that it doesn't seem like it would fit anyones hand right but then again it just might be a hot set up? The "gimmick" has got me curious enough to try it! :rolleyes:

Adjusts everyway imaginable.

http://www.factoryteam2racing.com/ipithumb.asp

twgranger
03-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Everybody and their brother sells them things.

Huffa
03-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Well it's new to me. I never saw them until just minutes ago.

chris200x
03-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Hmmm...maybe should've went with one of those instead of the twist throttle. I think that would greatly reduce the "cramp" especially in cold weather.

Oldshell4481
03-28-2005, 09:25 PM
lol if ** the guy on scary movie 2 with the tiny hand * might want one

Oldshell4481
03-28-2005, 09:27 PM
friggin asterisks

TimSr
03-28-2005, 09:33 PM
lol if ** the guy on scary movie 2 with the tiny hand * might want one

lol if you're the guy on scary movie 2 with the tiny hand you might want one

Holy crap!!!! Thats amazing!!! How did I do that!!!!!

Maine_Triker
03-28-2005, 09:49 PM
lol if you're the guy on scary movie 2 with the tiny hand you might want one

Holy crap!!!! Thats amazing!!! How did I do that!!!!!

LMAO!!!

Back to the throtle extension, you can get those anywhere for cheap and it does help in cold weather. ;)

hotroddal
03-29-2005, 10:48 PM
almost $20,what a waste of cash, i can do the same thing with a shotgun bullet pushed on the throttle lever(redneck).LOL

dblshockpower
03-29-2005, 11:40 PM
I use those on the Foremans and they help on very long trips..but look-out in emergency situations.. it's akward to shut the throttle down fast as that paddle is a large target to accommodate.

skippy
03-30-2005, 12:16 AM
didnt anyone get arm pump before? also worn out thumb? in mx racing we always kill our thumbs! ive and others have been to the point that you cant push thumber, after 5 laps of all out war your beat! and i put a few hours a week in hard seat time_.. but sometimes it just wears you out! the new yamie has a stiff throttle, and the extension is a quiick easy fix!

CHAINSAW
03-30-2005, 12:41 AM
They work really well. I like to grab mine from the back with my fingers, and use it as a cruise control when we are going across the dunes.

foster
03-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Those puppies are fabulous on those long all-day, or multiple-day, trips. Especially for us old guys whose hands are crippled up by arthritis or whatever, and doubly-especially in cold weather for guys like us.
Also great if you've got a very stiff throttle. I rode a buddy's quad the other day -- can't recall what the p.o.s. was, sorry for the brain fart -- and it had the stiffest thumber I ever used. I was wishing it had an extender.
Yes, they are common. But save the $20, take a couple of Popsicle sticks, break them in half, tape them on, and go man go!

Oldshell4481
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
k now i see where the asterisks are coming from, no reason to be an arse about it.