PDA

View Full Version : problems with firing!!! in need of a "know it all" ( merged with Help!! )

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 03:55 PM
i have recently got an 83 honda 200E running, and my best friend messed it up for me, now i don't know what to do. i need to know everything that has to do with the firing, because it quit firing. i know of a couple things, but i want to know everything that could have somthing to do with the firing. anyone know, send me a list to my email at n_pierce18@msn.com also, it would be nice if i could get a manual, but i can't seem to find one, anyone have one or know where to get one cheap?? thanks :confused:

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Manual -= E-bay or auto parts store.. denniskirk.com etc. Canadian Tire in canada.

what problem do you have exactly ? what happened ?

4cylinders
03-28-2005, 04:44 PM
hey, before we go through all the stuff, check the kill switch, wouldn't be the first time.

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 05:09 PM
yeah, i checked the kill switch. my friend said he was riding it, and it just quit firing. he then took it all apart, it looked like he had stripped it, i was pissed when i returned and it was like that. after we got it all back together, i continued to see what the problem was, i do not know a whole lot about 3wheelers, but i do know some. i just need to know what all makes it fire. i know of a couple of things, but i want to know if there is more, so i'll know where to focus. thanks

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 05:31 PM
we need to know what he took apart... that's the source of the problem right there !

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 06:40 PM
well, what he took apart is all back to the way it should be, but it still won't fire, like it wouldn't before he took anything apart. so someone, anyone, i just need to know everything on a 3wheeler that has to do with it's firing. please let me know, anybody!!!!!!

chris200x
03-28-2005, 06:57 PM
well...the toe bone is connected to the foot bone... the foot bone is connected to the ankle bone...the ankle bone is connected to the leg bone...

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 07:04 PM
anyone know??? i am inneed of a "know it all"

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 07:07 PM
:p :rolleyes:
well...the toe bone is connected to the foot bone... the foot bone is connected to the ankle bone...the ankle bone is connected to the leg bone...

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Do a search on here for " Spark " or " No spark " " Electrical "

There is " Everything " on here that you need to know, your question is not specific enough.. you'd be reading a book if we all started guessing at everything and anything.

Wich parts of the electrical did he remove ? were all the wires taken out ? etc......

There is the CDI/timing advance unit , a stator, all these things and a whole lot more involved.

gotta find the main reason it quit in the first place too...... process of elimination.

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 07:17 PM
ok, i have posted this before, and no one seems to know, so i'll try this again. i have a 83 honda 200E, it quit firing, and i need to know of everything that could have to do with the firing, i know a little, but i need more, so i'll know where to focus. anyone that has an idea, let me know, ASAP. just the basic list of things to check, to get it to fire would be nice please??!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :wondering :cry: thanks to all

200xkwit
03-28-2005, 07:18 PM
check for short in the wireing harness. and check the flywheel key.. i went threw like 3 of um this year. and make sure the timing marks line up..... get a manual also.

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
remove the plug, put it on the wire and touch the spark end to the cylinder.. crank it over and look for a spark.

start there i guess.

ps: Double posting might be an issue... LOL...

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Why do you say it's " Fire " related ? what have you checked so far ?

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 07:44 PM
thanks to all, i will be sure to look into all suggestions. and as for why it quit firing, not sure, that is what i am tring to figure out. i hate that it happened with someone other than myself, that what i get for letting a friend ride without me around. thanks again to all.

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 07:47 PM
You're gonna have to convince your friend to cut the BS and tell you what happened.

I bet he wipped out and it's carb probs !!

When you say that it quit sparking..... i want to know why you say this ? have you checked with the plug to the cylinder head ? if you have and don't have spark... start with a new plug.. but what have you checked thus far ????

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 07:52 PM
i have checked for spark, like you said, there is no spark. that is why i say it is spark related. i have checked the wiring harness, kill switch, and alot more, just been playing around, tring everything i can think of. mostly with the wires. it just isn't getting any spark. i have went in and cleaned the points and everything also. i really must confess, i am good with car ingines and lawn mowers, but i am not sure what all makes a 3wheeler fire.

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 07:54 PM
i have changed the spark plug, and got a new one. it just has no spark.

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 08:00 PM
it could be the coil, but how do * check the coil, to make sure it is good? all i know of is the coil and the magnita, are those the only things that can have to do with the fireing? is there anything else i need to look at??

83185s
03-28-2005, 08:02 PM
uhm..prolly a bad stator bud..happens all the time..well..most of the time ..mostly hondas too..they are know for the stators going out in the 185-200 cc engines..ive went through 3 on the 185s..go to www.hyperparts.com they are 7.99...thats about 1/10 of what * pay for the dealers price..thats if its your problem tho..make sure thats it first

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
what is the stator, and where is it located?????
i was told that that runs the head lights while the 3wheeler is running, and how do you check it???

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 08:14 PM
also, what is the rectafier, and what dose it do???

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 08:33 PM
No points on the 200 cc engine.. it runs CDI.

You need a multimeter and to check the resistance of that stator, search " Test Stator " or " Bad Stator "

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 08:43 PM
what is it, and what dose it do, the stator!!!?????? and where is it??

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=29930&highlight=bad+stator

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=29328&page=1&highlight=bad+stator

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=27422&highlight=bad+stator

Huffa
03-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Well none of us know it all but to get a better idea of "quit firing" what exactly do you mean?

Described what you checked so far.

OK, I see you checked for spark (I scrolled down too fast). Are you sure that SP is good?

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 08:50 PM
yeah i have done all of that, it has no fire, i need to know why, so i am checking everything i know of, and i want to know what else there is to check!!

chris200x
03-28-2005, 09:42 PM
It has to be one of the following. Stator, located on the left hand side of motor. it has a wire running from out of the motor. Your flywheel which is located under the stator cover. Cdi, same side of motor located on side of the top of the cylinder. Also has a wire runnin from it. Cdi box. Little black box mounted to the frame usually under the gas tank. Make sure that and your coil are grounded to the frame properly and all connections are free of dirt and rust. Wire harness, pretty self explanitory. Spark plug wire and coil, another black or grey box grounded to the frame which the plug wire runs from to your spark plug. Or you kill switch which as you probably know is on your handle bars. I think I covered everything but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know the frustration your going through as I am in the process of figuring out the same thing. Hope this was a little more helpful then my first post.

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 09:50 PM
spark plug is good, my lawn mower fires with it

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 09:57 PM
It has to be one of the following. Stator, located on the left hand side of motor. it has a wire running from out of the motor. Your flywheel which is located under the stator cover. Cdi, same side of motor located on side of the top of the cylinder. Also has a wire runnin from it. Cdi box. Little black box mounted to the frame usually under the gas tank. Make sure that and your coil are grounded to the frame properly and all connections are free of dirt and rust. Wire harness, pretty self explanitory. Spark plug wire and coil, another black or grey box grounded to the frame which the plug wire runs from to your spark plug. Or you kill switch which as you probably know is on your handle bars. I think I covered everything but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know the frustration your going through as I am in the process of figuring out the same thing. Hope this was a little more helpful then my first post.

thanks, it was alot more helpful.

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 10:05 PM
hey here is a crazy question, but as i said, i know not alot about them, dose it have to have a battery t fire???? lololo l

chris200x
03-28-2005, 10:09 PM
hey here is a crazy question, but as i said, i know not alot about them, dose it have to have a battery t fire???? lololo l

Oh man??? :rolleyes: I'm not too familiar with the 200es But if it is electric start I would think a battery would be a good thing. I remember when I first brought home my 200x and took the rear fenders off...I thought to myself WTF??? No battery!!! not even a place to mount one.

bigredhead
03-28-2005, 10:36 PM
nope... don't need the battery for it to start and run.

3wheelin'beauty
03-28-2005, 11:15 PM
thanks, thought so. anyone know how you set the magnita, is it the same way as with a lawn mower??

Rex Karz
03-29-2005, 02:24 AM
www.rexkarz.com/atc/timing

3wheelin'beauty
03-29-2005, 08:52 PM
umm, i have another question, everyone said it could be the stator, but my friend and i just tested it with a tester light, and it light up when i pulled the rope, to start it, so dose that mean that the stator is good? and if it is, what else could be the problem with it, since there is still no spark, please post or send me an email at n_pierce18@msn.com thanks.

<still confused as he**>

3wheelin'beauty
04-12-2005, 11:08 PM
hey everybody i ordered a stator, it came in, i put it on, and she fires like a new one thanks to all very much