PDA

View Full Version : removing atc 110 flywheel.

TrikerR
03-27-2005, 10:07 PM
i need to install a new lighting coil and i cant get the flywheel off. ive got the appropiate puller but i cant seem to get that nut in the middle off. is it left hand or right hand thread.

LaDano
03-28-2005, 01:09 AM
Right handed, also use a impact. It will help break it loose a lot easier.

MTS
03-28-2005, 01:46 AM
right hand thred, use a bearing puller to get it loose it works like a charm :)

TrikerR
03-28-2005, 02:11 AM
unfortuantley, i dont have the luxury of any air tools at home so i just had to use the good ol breaker bar...it was quite a job getting it off, but i did get it. thanks guys.

p.s.- should there be metal filings and chunks of steel sticking to the magnets on the flywheel.

MTS
03-28-2005, 02:13 AM
unfortuantley, i dont have the luxury of any air tools at home so i just had to use the good ol breaker bar...it was quite a job getting it off, but i did get it. thanks guys.

p.s.- should there be metal filings and chunks of steel sticking to the magnets on the flywheel.
its not irrigular for ther to be steel shavings in there ect, just try and clean it out best you can and put it back toghter it will still work fine as long as there isnt too much worn off :beer

3 weelin geezer
03-28-2005, 02:55 AM
I don't have any impact tools either but when I removed that nut off the 185s, I went down to Sears (or Autozone) and bought one of those impact doohickies that you smack with a hammer and it torques the screw or nut right off. Really comes in handy sometimes in avoiding a stripped screw or rounded nut/bolt on the trike. That really pisses me off when I have to stop work to find one lousy fastener or have a leak. Makes me just want to pick up that atc and hurl it across the yard.

LaDano
03-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Impact driver, they sure do come in handy on stubborn philep heads.

TrikerR
03-28-2005, 09:51 PM
i know what you mean about the phillip heads...ive wrecked about 6 so far on this trike, they are torqued on there way too hard.

rally4x4racer
05-12-2006, 03:08 PM
hey ppl - i got the nut off no prob with an air gun -
but the stupid flywheel is stuck on - i just rebuilt it so i put a new woodruff key in the crank - now it seems from pull starting it I have wedged the flywheel onto the key - could some one post a pic of the puller i need to pull the flywheel? i see some one ebay but i dont see how they would work? thanks

3 weelin geezer
05-12-2006, 03:19 PM
But wasnt it someone else who started this thread last year? well anyways if its like mine you thread the outer part of the tool into the center of the flywheel then you turn the inner part which pushes against the crank pulling it out.

rally4x4racer
05-12-2006, 03:38 PM
sorry to restart an old thread - I checked the flywheel and see what your talking about thanks does this look like the right one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-85-ATC-110-Flywheel-Puller-ATC-Tool_W0QQitemZ4639300791QQcategoryZ43977QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

3 weelin geezer
05-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Its kinda hard to say. If it has threads on the outside of one side, yes it looks like the right one just be sure to measure the inside of the center of the flywheel to make sure it fits. I think its supposed to be 22mm (I think) but I am not certain since I am in Greece at the moment and cant run out to the yard and check it. I went and got one from honda just to make sure.