PDA

View Full Version : TIGER RESTOR DECALS IN progress sneak peak

Orangecnty250r
03-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Heres a sneak peak at the tiger restoration decals Jared (YAMATOPDOG) is working on. I was beat tired and left at 10:30 at night because I had a several hour drive home and these things take a while to print so I couldnt take all of them home. Printing takes forever!!! He will be sending me some others this week. See pictures for comparison. The other ones pictured came with my bike. I don't know who made them and they are very nice. BUT

The things I wanted to change with them are. [/*]

1. Color consistency (looked like they were made with a machine the might use ribbons).
2. Some of the letters were typed in with a different font. TIGER uses special unique lettering. Check out the spacing in the E and G shape. Jared scanned in the actual fender with a scanner that looked like it was 50 years into the future. But its not that easy ---then he vectored in the EXACT shape of each letter which tooks hours.
3. Just wanted to make a fully complete kit using same colors

So the ones that ARE DONE and not pictured are[/*]

1. Small tiger Decals for tank, front fender and number plate decals.
2. Rear fender numbers.

Decals we did that havent been done before (that I know of)[/*]
1. Rear fender warning decal
2. Rotax Engine EXACT LETTERING

Decals we have to finish.[/*]

1. MADE IN USA ---SWINGARM decal (It would have been easy to just type in these letters with an available font but that wouldn't be accurate ). I went to the tiger 500 page on this site and we are working from this picture. He has to scan and vector these letters for accuracy. They will be printed on clear so the color of the swingarm shows through.

2. Someone out there has a frame decal warning - That is the missing link. Please send him a pic and measurments.

Well unless I'm missing something this will be a great kit for tiger restores. And if someone gets these fenders cast great decals will now be available.

Orangecnty250r
03-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Just looked at the thread and any pixelation on the edges of the decals is from my digital camera. The lines on these decals are VERY VERY CLEEEEEAN!!!

bonkers_200s
03-27-2005, 10:50 AM
nice:) ill have to poke around PJ one day, in hopes of getting an up close look, at least i think you said you were from PJ, i havent been on the board in forever

Orangecnty250r
03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
AWESOME !!! :w00t:
Just had an email on the frame decal
Another email on a front fork decal

Both in great shape THANKS :D

This decal kit will be accurate and COMPLETE

These TIGER guys are coming through!!!! More responses than the request I made for 86 Tecate decals (GO FIGURE)

Come on tecate owners fork and warning labels!

Orangecnty250r
03-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Just got an update there wasnt a fork tube one he made a mistake in describing it. Just the one on the yoke of the frame

Billy Golightly
03-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Kind of off topic, but I wanted to ask since I've had conflicting answeres before. Were the original Tiger fenders plastic or fiberglass? I know the scoop was some kind of a real thick plastic like PVC I guess. Just curious.

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Kind of off topic, but I wanted to ask since I've had conflicting answeres before. Were the original Tiger fenders plastic or fiberglass? I know the scoop was some kind of a real thick plastic like PVC I guess. Just curious.

I am curious of that also, I've seen pictures of a broken fender before and it had the shreds of fiber, So I figured they were fiberglass...

The decals look awesome, I'm sure alot of owners are gonna appreciate you guys going through the time to make the kit.

Orangecnty250r
03-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Mine are a thick plastic PVC type. Instead of sanding and painting I am going to try the wet sand approach (like the 250r tank restore) instead of painting it. I figured it would be worth more keeping them more original. If it doesnt work I will paint. My front fender had an oNeal decal that must have been put on when it was new. I am going to wet sand until I see that color that was underneath that decal. It looks like after one hour this method should work. Some else emailed me (cant remember who) and said his were fiberglass. When I read the link to the tiger 500 article it said that there were variations in the TIGERS from bike to bike due to their limited production and assembly techniques (experimenting so to speak) My PVC fenders are very light weight compared to my fiberglass shroud, Maybe this was an attempt to shed some weight for the track.

twgranger
03-27-2005, 11:06 PM
The decals are looking great.

erectordale
03-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Tigers where made per each order. most 200cc came with fiberglass fenders the 250cc came with plastic mostly most radiatorshrouds was plastic but they are rare to find as many riders broke these with knee while racing I'm still tracing a few more leads for more information and have a really really good lead to a ex employee. Time will tell

Orangecnty250r
03-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Good info-- I'm still learning about these beasts. Is that the salesman in the 500 article?? I would love to get a rough guess on how many were manufactured . someone alive has that info. My shroud appears to be actual original fiberglass

skippy
03-27-2005, 11:30 PM
mine are all fiberglass.. fenders and shroud

erectordale
03-28-2005, 12:11 AM
I have to travel for work and have some friends in Michigan that used to live near the manufacturing site gave me 2 names to chase down. 1st name has since passed-on to the great land above the other one has moved and have not found his new address but won't quit till I know

ATCwithdrawals
03-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey Orangecnty, are you going to make xtras to sell?? If so I would like to buy the "warning" decal if possible. Thanks

SpeedBump
04-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Hey Orange, is that my Tiger500 Rear Fender I sold to Jared? Looks like it. Great job on the Stickers....I will be needing some of those.....IF I CAN EVER GET MY 500s! GRRRRR I hate busy seasons at work! Later

Orangecnty250r
04-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Orange, is that my Tiger500 Rear Fender I sold to Jared? Looks like it. Great job on the Stickers....I will be needing some of those.....IF I CAN EVER GET MY 500s! GRRRRR I hate busy seasons at work! Later

The fenders pictured are mine. I didnt know you sold one to jared. The kits are now available in his ebay store. Hope you get those 500s!!!!