PDA

View Full Version : 200x eratic spark

200xkwit
03-26-2005, 05:40 PM
alright im tryin to get this done before dark. i hooked the 200x up to a timing light and it has an eratic spark pattern... it will blink 2 to 3 times then stop completly for one or 2 motor revolutions and then kick in a gian in 2 and 3 interval patterns... what could this be?... o yea its a brand new spark plug too...cdi box maybe?.. also the spark from the spark plug seems a little weak

83185s
03-26-2005, 05:52 PM
uhm i have no idea what that means but it could be a bad stator??if not that then coil, or cdi box, or your pulse rotor,,or last but not least..a short in the wiring harness

90nut
03-26-2005, 11:34 PM
that is the exact same thing mine would do. John(jeswinehart) and I took her all apart and cleaned everything up, put it back together and gave her a couple of kicks and she fired right up. TO be truthfull we don't realy know what we did to get it to run. It ran just fine for a while. I brought it home and took her for a spin and it took a crap. so i split the cases to fix the kick starter. Sorry I am not much help. I was told the stator rarely goes bad but I would start there because electrical stuff is exspensive and you cant return it if you dont need it.

83185s
03-27-2005, 12:27 AM
i bet its the stator..if it crapped out kinda then thats it..the 185 would still run with a bad stator but not good at all..and only for a few minutes..then it would die and i never could get it goin again...so i bet its that..i looked at the spark with a bad stator and it was like that..only 1ce every like 3 or 4 rotations..go to www.hyperparts.com ...they got them for 7.99

sblt500r
03-27-2005, 10:36 PM
might be the stator, because once the motor gets warmed up it shorts out.