PDA

View Full Version : Something different!

Savage99
03-26-2005, 10:39 AM
I was wondering why everyone here seems to only go for the stock looks when they redo thier trikes. With the exeption of a few posters all of the pictures I have seen on this board are of trikes with original colour schemes...the only real deveations from stock I see is aftermarket performance items and tires. I am not saying I don't like them that way only that it is cool when people do things differently also. My old ATC 200 is in rough shape and I don;t want to put out the money to get everything looking original so I am thinking of painting my plastics...If I do I am going to paint the frame silver and the plastics and tank black. I think it will look cool and since I will be using it I am not concerned about it being a showpiece. I would just like to start with a trike that looks good and not a pos. Tell me what you think and if you have something different post your pics here.

Thanks.

OldSchoolin86
03-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Sometimes stock just looks sweet and clean. Personaly though, I like to switch it up a little. I've always wanted a white on blue machine so that's what mine will be when I ever get it done.

83185s
03-26-2005, 12:24 PM
IMHO...i like white and blue together..they go togheter very very nice..i was thinkin blue frame white plastics?? that what your thinkin??...maybe blue rims and white hubs too...i did that on the 185 and it looked pretty good...(the rims and hubs) ...i say go for it..i like the stock look to tho...but you can make it look stock and add some mods that no body will see depending on what they are and where they are located..you have fun if you get yourself a resto project

Huffa
03-26-2005, 05:28 PM
I was wondering why everyone here seems to only go for the stock looks when they redo thier trikes. With the exeption of a few posters all of the pictures I have seen on this board are of trikes with original colour schemes...the only real deveations from stock I see is aftermarket performance items and tires. I am not saying I don't like them that way only that it is cool when people do things differently also. My old ATC 200 is in rough shape and I don;t want to put out the money to get everything looking original so I am thinking of painting my plastics...If I do I am going to paint the frame silver and the plastics and tank black. I think it will look cool and since I will be using it I am not concerned about it being a showpiece. I would just like to start with a trike that looks good and not a pos. Tell me what you think and if you have something different post your pics here.

Thanks.

Right there in bold is why it's A-OK to make them none original. If it's in really nice original shape I'd say your a fool to mess with a good thing. Rough like you are decribing makes perfect logic to personalize it to your taste.

I have an original 225 that is not a 10 but is certainly in good enough shape that I will keep it original. A little rougher (well alot) and I would personalize it for sure.

Now on the other hand I have a freinds (MX600) 200S we (mostly me :rolleyes: ) are redoing that had rust everywhere and will never be mint but one heck of a nice 200 when done. He decided to go with gun metal gray for the paint on frame and all metal parts with the exception of the front motor mount brackets. I like it very much and will look different for sure.

Silver and black on yours should look fantastic I think. Do it up!!! :beer

Meat-BoX
03-26-2005, 06:01 PM
so I went from this to that

I wanted to Stand Out in a Crowd of Mean Green

Huffa
03-26-2005, 06:13 PM
so I went from this to that

I wanted to Stand Out in a Crowd of Mean Green

That will be a looker for sure. Nice work!

What exact color is that and what paint did you use on the engine mount brackets?

OldSchoolin86
03-26-2005, 06:24 PM
IMHO...i like white and blue together..they go togheter very very nice..i was thinkin blue frame white plastics?? that what your thinkin??...maybe blue rims and white hubs too...i did that on the 185 and it looked pretty good...(the rims and hubs) ...i say go for it..i like the stock look to tho...but you can make it look stock and add some mods that no body will see depending on what they are and where they are located..you have fun if you get yourself a resto projectClose, I was thinking blue frame, hubs, seat and maybe the lower fork tubes (not sure if that would look good yet). The plastic would be all white, the rims will be polished aluminum, and the TAG fat bars I got are crome. The aluminum parts like the swinger and oil resi/coolers will just be left natural. I might have to have some blue decals made for it too. This is what I have in mind, it's someone elses awsome machine but I colored the fork tubes and hubs to kind of show it all. The biggest difference is mine will be set up for woods and have a different motor.

Huffa
03-26-2005, 06:44 PM
I like it but would like to see the forks in white for comparison sake. I think it would look better. I think the blue hub would show up better then. Just my imeadiate thought.

Derrick Adams
03-26-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm not afraid to change them up. I like what I like! Know what I mean?

OldSchoolin86
03-26-2005, 06:59 PM
I like it but would like to see the forks in white for comparison sake. I think it would look better. I think the blue hub would show up better then. Just my imeadiate thought.idk what the deal was but I was having a hard time making them white. I see what you mean but the more I look at the blue the more I think it would be a nice personal touch.

4cylinders
03-26-2005, 07:29 PM
hey, the beast, cb750 honda quad, has warrior plastic, because of the color. maier makes different plastic. why not pick your color, pick your style? raptor trike, why not? red, not a problem.

Savage99
03-26-2005, 08:34 PM
This post is turning out to be cool! Lets see more originals. I know what stock trikes look like, I like to see some tricked out colour schemes and set ups.

Mark.

Huffa
03-26-2005, 08:59 PM
idk what the deal was but I was having a hard time making them white. I see what you mean but the more I look at the blue the more I think it would be a nice personal touch.

They both look good but I like the white more. Just seems to balance it out better and give it a cleaner look. Either way she'll look good though.

Thats cool how you can do that! Man, you can let your imagination run wild!

I know what isn't right yet! Definitly needs a white swingarm in the back to go along with the white forks. Looks too drabb back there.

Try it in the blue combo too!

jeswinehart
03-26-2005, 09:04 PM
so i went this route.
i do like 85 350x stock colours so my x is basically a stocker as is my 250es.

john

Huffa
03-26-2005, 09:13 PM
so i went this route.

john

Looks killer nice but don't ya have any better quality pictures of it? Looks like it's in a fog sort of :rolleyes:

Much better pictures. Looks great!

MTS
03-26-2005, 10:05 PM
will be cool to see the 200 painted up, my '82 is stock and i intend to keep it that way,....i have to recover the seat and other various things soon,...mind you its a daily rider not a show bike :p

OldSchoolin86
03-26-2005, 10:52 PM
so i went this route.

john
Nice! I really like that John, good job.

Huffa
03-27-2005, 08:14 AM
idk what the deal was but I was having a hard time making them white. I see what you mean but the more I look at the blue the more I think it would be a nice personal touch.

This seat might look nice on it too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=310&item=7144616444&rd=1

Savage99
03-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Come on guys! There has to be more of you out there with some custom originals. Lets see the pictures of even the mods to your daily riders or utility trikes....I mean the practical ones that might not be as cool but suit the purpose.

Mark.

mx600
03-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Here are a couple renderings Huffa asked me to do.

Huffa
03-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Here are a couple renderings Huffa asked me to do.

Hey buddy ole pal, thanks for the quick service! I like, I like!

Checkerd seat is too much though for my taste (just too busy). Considering the wheels will be more of a gold it will look even better! HMMMMM, :wondering now I :wondering got to :wondering think this over. :wondering

I'm pretty much a white freak and think it looks better then any color Yamaha had to offer.

Savage99
03-28-2005, 09:01 AM
patrickbarclay,

I like the look of that trike as well, it's different and looks tuff.

Mark.

mx600
03-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey buddy ole pal, thanks for the quick service! I like, I like!

Checkerd seat is too much though for my taste (just too busy). Considering the wheels will be more of a gold it will look even better! HMMMMM, :wondering now I :wondering got to :wondering think this over. :wondering

I'm pretty much a white freak and think it looks better then any color Yamaha had to offer.

Yeah, checkered seat is no good. Go buy a set of new plastics for it and paint your old ones white. I've heard that platic paint from Krylon is really good and holds up exceptionally well.

Huffa
03-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, checkered seat is no good. Go buy a set of new plastics for it and paint your old ones white. I've heard that platic paint from Krylon is really good and holds up exceptionally well.

I'm going to leave it stock for now and just concentrate on making every part kosher. What I will do though is do a test patch underneath fenders and see how it holds up during the course of riding a few or many times. This way it's no big deal if it doesn't stay on. If it seems to hold up well, in the future I might just do that in reguards to finding another set of plastic. Some reason though I just can't see it holding up underneath but if it's just like a once every other year touch up, well then no big deal.

I surley just don't want to paint the top parts white as that will look stupid and 1/2 fast.

Meat-BoX
03-28-2005, 03:06 PM
I had mine all Powder Coated and some Polished. Califorina Grape, Kawai Green with Gold Metal Flake, and Chromeium with Chrome metal Flake, In a Few Weeks I will have the Finished Product Totally laid out on the Restoration Page. Check that out for some Custom Trikes allso. This is an old pic as of last summer. It got a new Hi-Flite Flame seat cover Green Flames on Purple, and a new DG System. I for got to Loc Tight It, and I need to Get the rear shock Charged, and Bottle Mouting Hardware I found Put on. Man I take forever to get things done.

Muddy200x
03-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I a firm believer in "Do whatever makes you happy" If I can improve something you can bet that what I'm going to do. When I got my 200x it was in near mint condition, and since the 85 200x isn't a rare trike that left the door open to mod it without remorse. So that's what I did, and I haven't looked back. I haven't messed with the color scheme because the original paint is still in good shape. I'm gonna have to change my name to Moddy200x because it sees more mods then it does mud. :D

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/muddy2OOx/images/dscf001.jpg

350x front
350x rear shock
4 in. ext. swingarm
Battery power (lights are bright and stay that way)
Armed guard alarm system
Bunch of bolt on stuff

The engine is next. Its going to be a converted XR that's built to the hilt. But first I have to sew up the hole that's burned in my pocket so I can start saving money. Too many hobbies make for slow projects.

vartiak15
03-29-2005, 01:00 AM
man when ever i see that it makes me want to keep mine even more. the car might have to wait lol.