PDA

View Full Version : wow..a radio!

83185s
03-26-2005, 02:22 AM
i jsut got this idea out of no where and it worked..i was just thinkin of what i could do to the 200m..since its the only one i got thats battery powered...well..an i dea popped up..hook up a radio or cb!! well..i didnt have a cb but i didnt have a radio laying around...i hooked it up and turned it on..i felt so impressed with myself it was awesome!! now i gotta find a way to mount it..im thinkin in the trunk.. and put the speaker somewhere near the handle bars so i can hear it when im goin down the road..if it ever gets that far..lol..what about * guys?? ever htink of these crazy things or do them?? :TrikesOwn

1984kxtTECATE
03-26-2005, 02:29 AM
lmao, its different, but whatever floats your boat. Post pics.

83185s
03-26-2005, 03:20 AM
o i didnt take any pics..i only had it hooked up for a few minutes..while i was taking off the flywheel cover..lol..then i unplugged everything..but i may reinstall it when i get the thing working right!!...i just had an idea and it worked..first time in a long time thats for sure..i want a cb in there tho..lol..talk to peopl as im ridin!...but the radio can come in handy..* know..sittin around with some of your friends..one if them says man anyone gotta radio>?? they all reply with their big quads..yea right a radio on this..ha..then you say..well..as a matter of fact..i do! and turn it on..sit there and chill the rest of the night and put hte quads to shame..even tho they could do it too..lol

1984kxtTECATE
03-26-2005, 03:37 AM
It would be nice to have the radio going slammin down a few 12 ouncers.

350x'inNY
03-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Been there... done that.....

Yamaha beat you to it... from Dirt Wheels June '85 ....

Bruce

chris200x
03-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Well 83185s give yourself a pat on the back anyway. A walkman radio works well too.

83185s
03-26-2005, 12:13 PM
lol bruce..* coulda been a little more sympathetic..lol...thanks for the compliments guys...i just figured id try it and see what happens and it worked so i may put it back on before trike fest if i still have the m then...i dunno whats gonna happen between now and june

Maine_Triker
03-26-2005, 12:50 PM
While your at it, put a MP3!!!! Now that would be cool.

350x'inNY
03-26-2005, 01:36 PM
lol bruce..* coulda been a little more sympathetic..lol...thanks for the compliments guys...i just figured id try it and see what happens and it worked so i may put it back on before trike fest if i still have the m then...i dunno whats gonna happen between now and june

Dude... I'm not trying to be mean... just showed you a pic of how you can mount up some speakers! See if there's a junk yard with some Honda Goldwings in it! Dude... pimp your ride! :beer

edog
03-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Maybe i should get one with a cd burner.LOL

mbubbac
03-26-2005, 01:50 PM
how about a lil lcd tv on that thing, then it would be pimp

83185s
03-26-2005, 04:41 PM
yea ..lol..well i dont think i have any mp3 players or lcd screens laying around..and im prety sur ethat they would all drain the battery fast!! lol..and i dont have the 300+ to go buy them all when the trike doesnt even run yet!!!..lol bruce..i was just jokin..my dad has a goldwing and an extra fairing still!! but i dont think i want to mount it up anywhere..lol..goldwing and 200m dont match..plus the fairing is purple!! yuck!@!! lol..hes a big purple freak i dunno what his deal is..at least he rides red tho!!..of course i wouldnt ever ride a goldwing..i may be getting a 86' ninja 600 soon..hehe..o yea..lol..put the trikes to shame..but it needs a few things so i may put the engine in a trike..the x..and put the ninja bikes to shame cause im 200 lbs lighter!! lol jk..good ideas but no time and no tools and no money..that = no good fun projects!!!!

OldSchoolin86
03-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Actualy an MP3 player would be the way to go! It uses very little power and you can store tons of music. ;)

83185s
03-26-2005, 05:42 PM
yea thats true..but with all the muddin i do it would be hard to keep it from getting wet and stuff so..im thinkin about not puttin the stuff on..btw i just got it runnin!!!the trunk has a big hole in it (at least 6 inches) so i dunno where id put it..

OldSchoolin86
03-26-2005, 05:59 PM
yea thats true..but with all the muddin i do it would be hard to keep it from getting wet and stuff so..im thinkin about not puttin the stuff on..btw i just got it runnin!!!the trunk has a big hole in it (at least 6 inches) so i dunno where id put it..
Trunk? That's where the CD changer goes! :p

4cylinders
03-26-2005, 06:39 PM
hey, horns, I put horns on the 200's the girls ride, freaks people out when they honk at them.

CodyRx7
03-26-2005, 08:47 PM
You can HEAR a radio when you're riding?

foster
03-26-2005, 10:56 PM
A lot of guys have radios on their quads up my way. They get some Radio Shack water-resistant speakers, build a tough box to mount them into to keep the muck and water out as much as possible, and away they go!
They just clamp the box onto their racks.

83185s
03-27-2005, 12:38 AM
cool idea foster..too bad i dont have a rack to put the box on..lol..i need to get a new trunk lid..bte it is runnin but like crap so i dunno whats gonna happen..im prolly gonna rebuild the top end..the bottom is good...it needs cleaned up a bit..which is y im runnin super tech..lol 90 cents a quart...im lettin get all the dirt out with that then once it gets cleaned up a it ima put the bel ray in..thats if i get the thing rebuilt..i have a feelings its gonna be a pain in the ass...considering these guys before me didnt ever take the engine apart..except to replace a stator..that was it..so it needs a new cam chain and stuff i already got..i just need to get it all apart and rebuild..im not going to anytime soon tho..well in the next couple of days i will...ill take apart both the 185 and it and switch some parts if needed..like piston and cylinder and stuff..the cam chain stuff too..anyway,,this is about a radio/cb/lcd/cd changer/speaker/ the other 9 yards not the engine so off that subject..lol..i dunno where id put it if i got it all in there..it would be a fun mod but i dunno..hey..i gotta 400 watt lanzar amp and a 10 inch jl w0 sub..!!! lol..nount the box on the front and the amp in the trunk...and the cd player on the handle bars.. o yea..lol..jk never hapen cause the battery is not made for that..lol..id have to have a back up somewhere.. connecting the batteries for the power..lol

LonesomeTriZ
03-27-2005, 01:05 AM
I have ran a CB on my utilities for a good while now.

atcmatt
03-27-2005, 02:09 AM
I used to have a UHF mounted on my 200es. With a giant ariel on the rear rack! I used it when we went out hunting so my dad could keep track of us and that. One time it saved me and my cousin a 2-3km walk at like 12.00 at night, cause we ran out of fuel. Good old radio. I'm glad i had it that night.

Goodtimes... ;)

Matt

83185s
03-27-2005, 05:15 PM
if i did mount it up id have to water seal everything...i dont think im goin to tho

350x'inNY
03-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Come'on man!! Get some underwater speakers they make for swimming pools and rock on!

Tri-ZNate
03-27-2005, 11:18 PM
I thought of that before and might be doing it at my schools car show. I thought of mounting the radio on some clamps on the handle bars, and drill out holes in the plastics right above the wheels for the speakers and for the bolts that hold the speaker on. I figure if i place the speaker under the plastics it will look better.

83185s
03-28-2005, 08:15 PM
may look better but may not sound good..who cares tho right?? as long as its there..no the reason is Bruce is because i dont exactly have the money to do everything right now..and none of them run either so thats my first priority...the x is first really..the m engine is out and so is the 185's so im stuck right now..i dunno what to do yet...the m's top end is screwed and cam too..the people before me ran it without oil..they had to of..ive never seen a camshaft eaten up this bad or a head eaten up like this either..its really bad..and i cant even get 1 of the allen bolts out so im going to have to cut it off with a grinder and take the valve cover off then get the vise grips and undo it..its stripped out completely...anyway..yea its big pos so yea..

MNAirHead
03-29-2005, 07:04 PM
We have a horn from an 70s muscle car...