PDA

View Full Version : 250R hittin hi in the RPMS

RideRed250R
03-25-2005, 10:17 PM
i have a 85R with a fmf pipe and silencer and stock jets, it doesnt start headin out of dodge till 3/4 thottle and wot is a screamer if iam WOT ill take my familys banshee with toomeys, also popin the clutch from a dead stop it wil l wheelie for about 5 foot and then drop down and wait till 3/4-WOt till it wheelies then next gear. Were does your 250R hit and wats your jetting?? I am runnin 22inch holeshots ont he rear on the dirt and then either 12 paddle extemes or 7 paddle haulers on either paddle tire my bike screams from bottom to top and doesnt stop banshee takes me off the line threw 1st gear but 2nd03rd neck and neck 4th i pull. 5th iam about a bike lenght 6th about the same and then we top out. i dont know wats wrong with my bike the top ends fine good comp. do all short rod motors run like this??? previous ones i have ridden dont act like this. I dotn think its ported but it might be? iam not sure
adam

Dammit!
03-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Mine hits hard in the mids and continues to pull all the way through the top end. I can feel a little spot where it would really benefit from a PT instead of the FMF though.

RideRed250R
03-26-2005, 03:39 AM
see i dotn know wat it is
it screams tho when * get it to the spot. i think it might just need 20 inch knobbies nad it would flattin out iam still 13/39 but with 22 inch holeshots
adam