PDA

View Full Version : 1982r petcock problem

jinxy
03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Got my 82r back 2day - since the guy had it he put new floats in the carb & new spark plug. now wen the gas is on normal on the petcock after a while it dies - like it overheats & shuts off - wich i fought it did! but later on after a friend had been playin, it works better on reserve & doesnt cut off! when gas was on normal it would bog & die & wouldnt start 4 a while!

also its had new top-end, but he didnt run it in when i give it him - he just been raggin it like a crazy bull! could there be any problems now or in the future?

:TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn

350x'inNY
03-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Got my 82r back 2day - since the guy had it he put new floats in the carb & new spark plug. now wen the gas is on normal on the petcock after a while it dies - like it overheats & shuts off - wich i fought it did! but later on after a friend had been playin, it works better on reserve & doesnt cut off! when gas was on normal it would bog & die & wouldnt start 4 a while!

also its had new top-end, but he didnt run it in when i give it him - he just been raggin it like a crazy bull! could there be any problems now or in the future?

:TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn

You ever think of cleaning the petcock filter? It's the tall thing inside your gas tank. There's actually 2 places it filters, up top it filters for "reg" gas, at the bottom there's another mesh section that filters the "res" gas. I'm assuming that the top of this is plugged or it's broke and imploded upon itself. These are expensive from the dealer, if not discontinued. An alternative is to remove it, and run a clear inline filter between your tank and carb. Oh, there's a tube inside the filter, leave that so you still utilize Reg and Res. Here's some pics to help you....

Oh... so did that other guy run it or not? I can't seem to understand your "foreign" english? Where you originally from or do you just enjoy crucifying the English language? :p

Bruce