PDA

View Full Version : 350X Questions

KLT Man
01-26-2003, 01:40 AM
1. There is a cable that runs from the kick starter housing to the front of the head. I suspect it to be a Compression Release. What exactly is its function and how does it affect performance if disconnected?

2. On the left engine cover, there are 3 ports which appear to be some sort of crankcase ventilation. The 2 inner ports run to the rear of the trike, but not sure exactly where. The outer port is not connected, but the only thing I can locate nearby to cnnnect it to is the 1/2" crankcase hose that runs right under the frame (carb area) to the airbox. There is a vacuum "T" located in that hose. Does this outer port connect to that vacuum "T"?

Thanks

350Xrider
01-26-2003, 02:19 AM
Yep that cable is a compression release cable, if you disconect it it will be a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to start, there is no performance gain or loss from not having it, it is just harder to kick, but if you get it at tdc it is fairly easy to kick.

ATCnut
01-26-2003, 02:21 AM
1. You are correct, this is the decompression cable. A 350X will be harder to kick without this cable, but there is no effect on performance while running. I have been told that is is easier to start a hot 350X without a decompression cable, but I have no personal experence with that.

2. I cannot visualize your question about the vent hoses. Can you take a pic? I can take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it.

KLT Man
01-26-2003, 02:50 AM
Here is a pic of the "T" I am talking about. Does it go to the left side engine cover port?

ATCnut
01-26-2003, 03:20 AM
This the one you mean??

KLT Man
01-26-2003, 03:23 AM
THATS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Thanks Dude

ATCnut
01-26-2003, 03:25 AM
Glad I could help