PDA

View Full Version : Hey Darius1502!!

Jeb
03-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks again! :TrikesOwn

threewheelin-feelin
03-22-2005, 11:45 PM
sweet set of bikes you got there man!!!!! :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :w00t: :w00t: whats your favorite?

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Sweet R Jeb, The three look awesome together..

....One thing I have to ask you.. How can you stand those rear tires?? I had them like that once and it was the worste ride i've ever had, thats why I clapped when they discontinued trekkers (in that size i think it was, cant remember if they did completely). LOL.

Darius1502
03-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Nice...perfect match!!

So tell me...why is the 250r lower than all the rest?

Darius1502
03-23-2005, 12:53 AM
Jeb,

you are a lucky guy...one of the few who owns the big 3.

Tell me what you think of each trike (power, handling, etc).

Awesome pics man!!

Yamahauler
03-23-2005, 01:28 AM
thats wat im going to have........someday....

Jeb
03-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Thank for the compliments! :beer They're not the nicest trikes ever seen around this board but I'm proud of them none-the-less.

I wanted Darius to see the R rear fender he sold me and tell him thanks again. That R looks so much better with all factory plastic than with the non-shiney Maier junk I did have on it. Even though the Maier set I had was nice, they just can't compare to the factory look.

So tell me...why is the 250r lower than all the rest?

I guess it's in the frame geometry. Weekend before last my bro and me were talking about how much shorter it was at the triple clamps than the other two. They all have 23" front tires. Stock on the KXT, stock 86 Z on the Z, and a 23" Front Max on the R. I haven't measured but I guess the R would measure shorter from, say, the swingarm pivot to the top of subframe or steering head. While admiring the view from behind :naughty: the R's bodywork looks thicker too. Seat height is allot lower. Of course the rear end of the R sets way lower due to those short tires.

Speaking of those tires...

....One thing I have to ask you.. How can you stand those rear tires?? ...

WTF? How can ANYONE not have anything but love for the classic lo-pro trekkers! :eek: :p

Those, as you can tell, are the 18x11-9 size which i believe have been discontinued for some time now. I'm not sure if you can still get the 18x11-10 or not. Anyway, The tires on my Z are 18x11-8 Turf Tamers and they are quite a bit taller than the Trekkers. I think they look cool but are not much good for anything but riding around on flat areas. Someday when I get her running I'll probably eventually end up with bigger rear meats but nothing taller than 20" for me. Those trekkers are what came with my R and are not my favorite choice either. I rode an 85 R quite a bit with a set like that many years ago. I remember it to be pretty good for wheelies and sliding, and pretty good at bottoming out the rear skid plate on stuff.

..Tell me what you think of each trike (power, handling, etc).

Well my KXT is kind of in a poor state right now. It's down on the monster power it used to have. I'm just going to have to get into the topend. But I hate to because it's starts easy and runs. At the very least I should re-ring it and clean the KIPS assembly. Last major repair on it was 6 years ago when I had the stator rewound. It's got stock exhaust, stock pipe, stock gearing, stock tires & rims and the lights all work. What's not stock is the PRM desert grab bar (best 50 bux I ever spent), the fork Gators, the handle bars, a UNI stock replacement air filter and the decals. It's in the best shape as far as details and cosmetics. When the motor is in it's prime it's got tons of power and will rev out forever. It slides like something unreal, even with stock tires. The big 41mm forks made it a blast to jump. It feels light and manuverable in the air. Landings were about as good as a 3-wheeler can be. It has always been my favorite sport ATV of all time because in stock and full-out racing trim I love the attitude it projects by way it sets, the tires sizes, the grean plastic and blue seat on the silver frame with a black motor. Some things I don't like are: The gas tank discoloration. The shrouds hang out too far. Good deals for parts on ebay are history along with more and more factory and aftermarket items. The rear fender braces always were a joke. Vibration is bad, even though i'm used to it and it doesn't bother me. Over the years I've spent many happy hours in saddle of that green machine. I worry more now-a-days about tearing up the body work on it so I it baby more.

My R doesn't run ...yet... :cry: It's an on-going project. I'm in the process of resurrecting it. It was a bare frame and several boxes when I got it. I've had to hunt up allot of missing parts from the airbox assembly to the front brake to misc. frame hardware. Still have a few pieces to go. I've rebuilt the forks, rebuilt the rear caliper, installed new wheel bearings and installed a pivot works kit in the swingarm. It's got a busted sprocket-side center case and I'm missing a few small parts from the clutch side.

My Z is mod'ed out and runs great! It has a gravity tank, K&N clamp-on filter, twist throttle, Bill's pipe, CT silencer, UFO number plate, 86 Z front tire, 18" rears, +2 WestCoast Swingarm, custom adjustable strut, RK hub spacers, and 13/42 gearing. It's plenty quick. It's got great low-end. With the tires and suspension I have now, it slides pretty good. Definitely better than when it had stock tires on it. The steering seems more precise with the 23" front tire. I also think the 23-12 86 Z tire is even a step up from running the R front wheel assembly. Basically its putting tire side-wall flex to its minimum. About the only thing I really don't like about my Z is the gas tank is too small. But that's the price we pay for gravity tanks. It's pretty loud too with the racing exhaust. While I think mine handles well, it doesn't handle as well as the 86 KXT. My experience with Zs is all in mine and 1 cherry stock red and black model I rode a few years ago. I remember it feeling light in the front end and quick enough for most, but not fast. My Z feels allot faster and stable than what I remember of the black one. My brother often comments on the Z's power. As far a jumping, I haven't done much of it with this Z.

My opinion is I have to go with my 86 Tecate as my pick of the litter. I've had it the longest. In prime shape it's got plenty of motor and handles great. I like the looks and color of it best. My Z is second because, it's just a joy to ride it. It looks killer in the old-school racer set-up. Right now it will easily beat my 86 KXT in acceleration. Sadly when the KXT is fresh, even with mods the Z has I think the KXT will pull it in stock trim. The added lowend of the Z motor is nice. Even though the R doesn't run I have to tie it in second place with the Z! When I finally get a fresh motor in it and the KXT is on the up and up, I expect the KXT to pull the R judging from past experience with Rs. With Z's mods, It will be interesting to see how it stands up to the R. I expect the R to handle great. I also expect the R to last a long time once it's completed.

Well I guess I should quit now! This is approaching novel status! :beer

Just my opinion of my own trikes. ;)

250rsteve
03-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Nice trikes Jeb, maybe one day I can come up with a Z to complete my collection.

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-23-2005, 04:26 PM
nice top three

Bill X_R
03-23-2005, 05:27 PM
I wanted Darius to see the R rear fender he sold me and tell him thanks again. ;)

DAMMIT!, I was going to ask him if he planned on selling the old one's when I saw he bougt the new! But Noooooo I figured he was going to keep them! So I didnt ask.

Oh well, at least they went to somebody cool who will take care of them!

(Although secretly I hope you paid to much for them) :p :) :)

Orangecnty250r
03-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Nice collection. I think I'm with you on the KXT looks-- It is a mean green machine. Great to here all the enjoyment they've brought you.