PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild help

Banage
03-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Im about to rebuild my 83 honda 200e big red. Got a TE seal kit, cant find a bottom end anywhere. and for that matter, i dont know where the seals go, anyone do this, know where i can find a kit and where the seals go?!? :TrikesOwn

bigredhead
03-22-2005, 09:29 AM
what part of it are you re-building ? carb ? head? etc...

and what's a TE ?

Banage
03-22-2005, 11:08 AM
top end, and id like to do just seals unless i need to do other (bearings) when i get in there, but want to get everything before i start

bigredhead
03-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Yep.. gotta replace those valve bearings.. :p ( that was a joke btw )

If you are tearing into it, you'll want to check the condition of the valves, seales, timing chain, rings... ... ... . have you done a compression test on it ?

Banage
03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Nope nothing done yet, and my first rebuild so i am lossst

OldSchoolin86
03-22-2005, 05:18 PM
What sparked your interest to rebuild it? The reason I ask is that replacing seals is not a rebuild. Are you planning on a piston? No matter what you do get yourself a book and study it a little before you dive in. It will make what ever your doing a lot easier.

MTS
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
What sparked your interest to rebuild it? The reason I ask is that replacing seals is not a rebuild. Are you planning on a piston? No matter what you do get yourself a book and study it a little before you dive in. It will make what ever your doing a lot easier.
yes i also suggest getting a manuel for the bike, it cost 30 bucks and will save you alot of time and hassel if you have never done it before :beer