PDA

View Full Version : ruff starting

bigb9582
03-20-2005, 01:11 AM
i have a 85 250sx and it runs great. but if * let it sit overnight it takes forever to start the next day. i can kick it for ever with the choke on or off and it wont start. if i let it sit a few mins after i try sometime it fires right up, some times it dont. sometimes it floods, somtime it dont. BUT once it fires up just one time it will fire up the rest of the day on the first or second kick. i can ride it all day and let it sit for a hour or two or three and it will still will fire up on the first or second kick with no probs. but as soon as i let it sit overnight it will be a pain to start it the next day. its just the first fire of the day that gives me trouble after that it runs nice and strong with no problems.
any ideas?

1984kxtTECATE
03-20-2005, 01:42 AM
How cold is it in the mornings??

bigb9582
03-20-2005, 01:56 AM
40-50ish. it seems like the warmer it gets the harder it starts. when i got it, it was 20-30 degs and it fired up within a few kicks. now that it getiing warmer the problem started.

1984kxtTECATE
03-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Weird, my Dads SX took for ever to start this morning at the sand dunes and it was about 50 degrees. He finally got it started but it took a while. I have never flooded ours but it seems like early morning starts are brutal. Whats even sadder is my Tecate started the first kick with out the choke this morning. So I am baffled by the probelm.

jenndnn3
03-20-2005, 11:22 AM
That is one thing I like about that ugly green booger. It is not cold blooded. Have you changed the sparkplug lately?