PDA

View Full Version : ATC90 Problem, help wanted

IceDude
03-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Well I have an ATC 90 that is pretty much in pieces for one simple reason, IT HAS NO SPARK. Well so far I have checked most of the usual problems, fly wheel has magnitism, no bare wires that i have found so far, killswitch and headlight have been properly by-pased, I do have one problem in itself, which is that the two wires coming from my stator somehow have continuity. I have almost come to the conclusion that my meter isn't even working properly because i have tried everything and looked at everything there is to do with those wires and i cant find any bare spots or any crossings period of the two (or I have just no clue what I am doing and they should have continuity???). That so far is what I have i would like to know how to check two other VERY usual probs, coil and condenser. If any one out there can help me with how to check those two or any suggestions on what else to check I would REALLY appreciate that.

Thanks in advance

mbubbac
03-19-2005, 08:55 PM
heres what * do first. take a screw driver and stick it in the spark plug cap, then hold the metal part of the screw driver in ** hand and with 1 of ** fingeres touch a metal part of the engine, give it 1 or 2 pulls see what happens

IceDude
03-19-2005, 08:59 PM
nice joke, for one I already did that just to c if it was the spark plug. so too late to c if I would zapp the crap out of myself.

chris200x
03-19-2005, 09:02 PM
heres what * do first. take a screw driver and stick it in the spark plug cap, then hold the metal part of the screw driver in ** hand and with 1 of ** fingeres touch a metal part of the engine, give it 1 or 2 pulls see what happens

That is just not right. Do not attempt that or you will be in for a shocking surprise. Tell me how would you like it if you did not know what to do and someone on here tells YOU to do that. People join this forum to get GOOD information. I depend on the info I get from these boards so we do not need people like you posting false information.

grundlegrabber
03-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Did you check the points on your 90? On the left side of the head there is a round cover that covers the points. Put some sandpaper between the points and work it baack and forth a bit, then spray them down with some brake cleaner. You might get lucky. If not, check to see if the air gap is set correctly on the points. The stator resistance test never worked well for me. I tested stators that tested good and turned out to be bad. If the points are good and the kill switch and wiring harness are ok, just pick up some used parts off ebay and start swapping them out.

IceDude
03-19-2005, 09:18 PM
well that is nce advice but I am pretty much broke and i would really like to get it runnin tonight so i get to ride it all spring break, and all the things * said I have already done and checked, sanded, sprayed, and gaped to .020 or .002 or what ever 20 thousandths is. and my stator I checked and it is making the right amount of power for how fast I am spining it