PDA

View Full Version : Hey!! r/c dudes!

plkmonster2
01-25-2003, 02:35 AM
wouldn't it be cool to make a 250r that ran off 40% nitro? prolly hit 60 in 4 seconds! haha my monster pirate will hit 40 in about 6 seconds, crazy fast! what do you think would need to be done except making the compression higher?

tony_250r
01-25-2003, 11:31 AM
No match between the 250R and a romote control monster truck, 250R wins hands down.

I would like to say that the Ofna Monster Pirate is slow, and is made with weak componants. And, does anybody make hop-up's for it yet?

T-Maxx is much better and faster. A stock 250R would smoke a MP. Try going over to this site and tell the T-Maxx dudes what you think:
http://monster.traxxas.com/index.php

plkmonster2
01-25-2003, 04:41 PM
im not saying anything about what you are saying, not trying to start a flame here, im saying it would be awesome to have a 250r that ran off nitro, not how fast they go. i am only trying to relate to how fast my mp goes and how fast i would predict the 250r to go, not which is faster, also, have you ever owned a mp? i have owend them both, now, the mp is about 10 miles per hour faster. also, i have gone through 3 trannies for the tmaxx with a .21 engine, nothing with the drive train has gone wrong on my mp. finally, the mp has a stonger engine STOCK than the old cheasy .15 so called pro that gets up to 315 degrees. my mp will also smoke any stoc tmaxx, because its center of gravity it so low, the tmaxx's is sky high. have you ever been to rcmt? every one on the tmaxx board is having problems, especially with the cheap driveshafts, and the 2.5 motor ruining the reverse. all the mp guys love their mp's. and yes, hop ups are made, by pro-line, hard core, SaBR and many others. like i said abopve, it isn't a speed contest, it is about making a 250r, or any other 2 stroke run off of nitro.

Honda300ex
01-25-2003, 04:52 PM
T-maxx would kill that other monster truck you had, I got one and its fast, it is also 4 SALE. I also have a stampede 4 Sale[/b]

tony_250r
01-25-2003, 09:03 PM
I've seen R's on Nitrus, but mainly alcohol. Nirto and Nitrus power plants require lots of maintaining.
I like the FTZ 400R Monstor Stroker Motor:
http://www.ftzracing.com/images/Monster.jpg
I was refering to a hopped up T-Maxx. I know that all Traxxas RTR's are weak. I have a tricked out Nitro Rrustler, and a race ready LOSI XXX-NT that I race in the epert class: www.thedirtracing.com - www.extremerpmracing.com and at LPRC Park are the clubs I race off-road at. I run RC's when it starts to get to hot around here to ride my R, which is from April to October.

I've seen the MP in action many times, I even know one of OFNA's team drivers. He races at the dirt and Lake Paris RC Park (LPRCP), that's why I know what the MP can do.

hondaATCman
01-25-2003, 11:28 PM
You're running 40% nitro in a Monster Pirate?? I would kick that down to about a 20% or 30% or you'll be rebuilding that engine in no time. By the way, do u have any trucks 4 sale?

plkmonster2
01-25-2003, 11:58 PM
no, im running 20% in it now

KLT Man
01-26-2003, 03:55 AM
T-MAXX RULZ !!!! 8)

Kilborg
01-26-2003, 04:27 AM
i have a electric stampede..if i ever find one or get rich i would get a tmaxx or the sportmaxx

Ace Mon
01-26-2003, 01:22 PM
My T-maxx will smoke any monster pirate . Monster pirates do 60 ? Only in your dreams pal .

WarriorRacer
01-26-2003, 02:01 PM
No offense to all you traxxas fans out there but the T-Maxx isn't all that. My Monster Pirate can take a T-Maxx any day. And for whoever said that the MP's parts are cheap they sure aren't. Everything is braced up. My MP hasn't broke yet since I got it and I haven't had any problems. As for my friends T-Maxx has only been a big headache.

Whychen
01-26-2003, 10:49 PM
gday did any of u guys own the kyosho atv quads ive got to of em havent used em in a while but mate they r the next best thing to get over the dunes on the trikes there got the little riders and chaind rive the whole bit ill try to post a pic of em 2 use i dont think they make them anymore