PDA

View Full Version : 200X for $50.00

footer
03-18-2005, 03:59 PM
I bought this trike for a whopping $50, so you can imagine the shape it was in. This thing had been rode hard and put up wet, and whatever broke was "rigged" on the spot. So far here is what I have done to it:
painted the tank, sanded the plastics, UNI filter, Barnett clutches, new cam tensioner, XR200 carb, 10.25:1 piston (I didnt do this but was done recently talked to the mechanic) painted frame, painted motor, new front and rear bearings, new kicker gears, new pulse generator. I think thats about it. I turned just about every bolt/nut on this thing. There is nothing that makes you feel better than when you take something thats in a million pieces and make it run! I still have alot to do on this trike to get it where I would like it. But thats what hobbies are for right? The pics didn't come out all that great sorry.

mikey's250sx
03-18-2005, 04:06 PM
looks great!
i will give you 75 for it if you bring it to pa for me.

chris200x
03-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Looking good. I pretty much did the some to my 200x. Bought a heap of crap...tore it apart and a little while later you have yourself a nice little wheeler.

I would suggest gettin yourself a nice set of honda wing stickers for your tank. That should give it a complete look.

Two questions for ya...What kind of tires are you runnin on the back of it and what other plans do ya have for it?

footer
03-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Two questions for ya...What kind of tires are you runnin on the back of it and what other plans do ya have for it?

Tires: CRAP! they were the ones that came on the bike. I would like to get some Holeshots or something compareable.
Plans: Needs a pipe. Dont really know what kind yet, any suggestions? Needs brakes, I would like to get a red plastic tank, and a new red and black seat cover, new bars, new headlight plastic, new grab bar, thought about the XR200 tranny which I may do pretty soon, but the list goes on and on. It seems like you can never really be done totally with one, and when I feel like I am, I'll probably just buy another one.

chris200x
03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Tires: CRAP! they were the ones that came on the bike. I would like to get some Holeshots or something compareable.
Plans: Needs a pipe. Dont really know what kind yet, any suggestions? Needs brakes, I would like to get a red plastic tank, and a new red and black seat cover, new bars, new headlight plastic, new grab bar, thought about the XR200 tranny which I may do pretty soon, but the list goes on and on. It seems like you can never really be done totally with one, and when I feel like I am, I'll probably just buy another one.

So much for $50 huh? I've sunk well over a grand into my 200x And will probably end up spending a couple more hundred till I finally get it were I want it. It doesn't take much for the $$$ to start adding up.

I went with the 20" holeshots on the back of mine and I think their sweet.

ejc042
03-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Looking good, I started with a gimme a friend of mine had. Tanlk about being in pieces. It came in buckets and boxes. I have about $800 in it to get it where it is, but fenders and tires made up a big chunk of the money.

chris200x
03-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Are you runnin a 250R front fender on that 200X? If it is that looks real good...Maybe I'll go that direction once I wreck and snap my new one in half!!! You were correct when saying that plastics and tires make up a big part of the money. Also payin the mechanic $35/hr doesn't help much either.

LaDano
03-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Hey I got a 250r fender on mine, you can come take a look if you want. Where did you find it anyway? I look in every yard I drive by but nothing that cheap.

grundlegrabber
03-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Chrisr, if you're only paying the mechanic $35 an hour, I wouldn't ***** too much. The absolute cheapest guy around here (larry's) is $40 an hour, and I've seen some of the work they do over there (not pretty). Cycle shops around here are $60 and up. That's why I became a mechanic.

LaDano
03-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I know were a couple of other 200x's are for sale. 1 has a 250 reble motor in it with straight pipes. The other 1 is painted and half polished, needs to be reassembled. Both can be had for around $400 each.

83185s
03-18-2005, 08:08 PM
neic x from what i can see..especially for 50 bucks..i just got an 85 200m for $25!..non runnin of course..lol i guess there are some good things about living here in indiana..25/hour for my nearest mechanic!! 35 for next closest