PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Tecate problem

bhartley
03-16-2005, 07:32 PM
My tecate runs ok when it is just started up but after you ride for 5 or 10 minutes it starts missing out and will hardly run until it cool off . I am thinking it might need a new stator and flywheel maybe . Does anyone have any advice ?

Thank's

Bill

cliff2302
03-16-2005, 10:05 PM
How does your plug look after your bike quits? Does it rev all the way up when it is running good? My stator was bad and it wouldn't rev out. It also wouldn't even run as long as yours so i don't neccessarily think its your stator. might be jetting unless you haven't changed anything recently.

bhartley
03-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Yes it does rev up all the way when it is running .
The carb is a question mark . It is a pwk 36mm I set the float level and the jetting looks pretty close . I just got the trike and I am trying to sort out the problems . It has not idled right since I got it running . I have changed several things in the carb and it still does the same thing . That is why I was thinking maybe electrical.

cliff2302
03-17-2005, 02:09 AM
From my experience, i'd say its not the stator. But, yours could be acting differently, so you should probably check it. Since you already have idling problems, i would think your carb might be messed up. If you haven't already, give it a good cleaning with laquer (sp?) thinner or paint thinner. Make sure your petcock filter isn't clogged either. Good luck, keep us informed

Meat-BoX
03-17-2005, 07:52 PM
I had a wheeler that I left the O Ring out of the Exhaust where it comes into the motor. It would run for about 10 minutes and when hot it would die. After it cooled down It would start again. I put the ring in and never had another problem. Hey you never know