PDA

View Full Version : atc200s implanted into a mid sized super bike (X2).......

NOUSAGI
03-16-2005, 03:23 AM
ok i know that this being 2 wheels in all doesnt pertain to this forum but thats where the motor lies - im about 95% done with my project and need some ppl who could probally give me some insight to a few questions so pls if you could help me id be very greatfull......................................... .........................................

.................................... HONDA ATC200S ENGINE........................................

1. need to know how this carb functions-- should i use a petcock or use the lines thatll go in through the side-of-the-top of the tank--- where the 2 lines would go in with a filter (air&gas) but if this would work where would the air line go to on the carb ......... whats a tube air vent & a over flow and where do they go too from the carb?

2. my wiring, does this look correct? (pls refer to the diagrams as needed) if not what corrections do i need to make....the wires that are in the diagram that im useing for the project shows the only wires that the motor has coming out of it and the diagram that the manuals says for it says more -- that also confuses me ............

3. what would be the best type of oil to use for this motor? could i just use castrol fully synthetic? also where do i drain the oil at? and whats the opening tube thats by the dip stick?

ive been searching for these ansers cuase im so close too getting this thing running..................sorry for it not being full trike questions - but atleast i chose a atc motor :w00t:

bigredhead
03-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Carb: The gas is gravity fed, so from the petcok ot the carb via fuel line.

The air comes direct from uhm... well the air filter !!!! and boot.

the overflow lines just hang down.

The oil drain plug should be on the side of the tranny.. big 24 mm nut.

83185s
03-16-2005, 06:04 PM
uhm i wouldnt use synthetic oil unless its for "wet clutches" and make sure it clearly states that or your clutch will slip alot and it can cause other engine damage...just go to an atv shop and get some $7 a quart bel-ray thumper...its good stuff for these engines

NOUSAGI
03-16-2005, 11:52 PM
ill have pics up by tomorrow and probally have it running by friday .........Pete

NOUSAGI
03-18-2005, 01:36 AM
i call it the HONDA NOUSAGI X-192...............

i still need to know what the tube is coming out of the motor that is located at the center behind the head - its open do i need to top it off? i went ahead and went with repsol 10w 40 4t moto oil ........... and my wiring i still aint got any feed back on that either is their suppose to be a pick-up coil cuase i was told it was coming from the cdi in this motor.............enjoy and if anyone out their has some answers pls feel free to reply..................Pete

thefox
03-18-2005, 01:42 AM
i still need to know what the tube is coming out of the motor that is located at the center behind the head - its open do i need to top it off?

That is the crank breather, you should leave it open but make sure nothing can get in (especially water!)

thefox
03-18-2005, 01:56 AM
There are 4 main parts for the ignition system
-the source coil (or know as the stator coil),
-the CDI unit (the black box thing),
-the CDI advancer (the part on the engine),
-the ignition coil (has the spark plug lead on it).

It would probably be easiest to use a 200s wiring harness and cut it down to fit the bike or at least base the homemade one off of it. The cdi unit has a 6 pin connector.

NOUSAGI
03-18-2005, 03:01 AM
could i go ahead and put a breather filter on it so i could make sure no water goes in their-----------ok lets get this correct on the carb - theres three outlets on it 1- where the gas flows in 2- the tube,air vent 3- the tube over flow

1. ok, petcock to 1- gas flows
2. 2-air vent to ? <<<<--------------where does this go again? :wondering
3. 3-overflow to just a hanging down tube (opened)

and that leaves the wiring ----- ill be working on that tomorrow thanks guys - :beer -PETE

bigredhead
03-18-2005, 09:33 AM
2 and 3 both hang down.

the bottom line ( bottom of the carb bowl ) is used to drain the bowl. the top one is an overflow.. just hangs there.. zip tie it pointing down if you want.

and 1... we got that figured out !!

hondatrikesrule22
03-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Thats cool as hell...it is going to do killer wheelies. :D

thefox
03-18-2005, 03:56 PM
What do you have for your wiring now? The CDI advancer and the source coil are on the engine and I can seel the wires for them. I hope you have the ignition coil or there would be no place to plug in the spark plug. This leaves the CDI unit, do you have it? Here is a picture of an extra one I have.
http://images.snapfish.com/34343%3A4723232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3246%3E262%3E5%3C%3B% 3EWSNRCG%3D32328947%3B5%3C2%3Bnu0mrj

Here is the wiring diagram. I removed the wires for the lighting to simplify it.

NOUSAGI
03-18-2005, 07:14 PM
wiring - from the side of the head which indicates is the cdi - 2 wires blue and green -------------------------from the altenator - black/red stripe, yellow, green------------------the ignition coil spark plug wire then off of that comes a black/yellow stripe ---------------- i dont have anything else where do i go from here? will be on like at 10 tonight central time thanks bigred

thefox
03-18-2005, 08:15 PM
You still need the CDI unit (black box in pic. above), a kill switch (honda or a simple on-off switch), and some way of connecting everything. Personally I would get the honda 200s wiring harness and then shorten it if needed because the connector for the CDI unit is not a standard one so I don't know if you would be able to find it elsewhere and besides a used harness is not that much. Check the classifieds here and eBay for the harness, many people will include the CDI unit with it but if not PM me and I can hook you up with an extra one I have (sorry I don't have a harness though).

You are going to have to post some pictures of you riding this thing when you are done, it is going to be fast! Is that the stock frame or did you make it?

NOUSAGI
03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
You still need the CDI unit (black box in pic. above), a kill switch (honda or a simple on-off switch), and some way of connecting everything. Personally I would get the honda 200s wiring harness and then shorten it if needed because the connector for the CDI unit is not a standard one so I don't know if you would be able to find it elsewhere and besides a used harness is not that much. Check the classifieds here and eBay for the harness, many people will include the CDI unit with it but if not PM me and I can hook you up with an extra one I have (sorry I don't have a harness though).

You are going to have to post some pictures of you riding this thing when you are done, it is going to be fast! Is that the stock frame or did you make it?

ok i have a complete wiring harness on ebay but i dout ill win it ..... well with the cdi unit - the black box is all i need left cuase i was gonna use a monastat a sort of relay to connect everything, if i dont win ill take you up on that offer but well have to get shipped fast

NOUSAGI
03-19-2005, 01:09 AM
i found out that theirs spark coming from the black w/red stripe wire --coming out of the alternator ......................

NOUSAGI
03-19-2005, 02:41 AM
What do you have for your wiring now? The CDI advancer and the source coil are on the engine and I can seel the wires for them. I hope you have the ignition coil or there would be no place to plug in the spark plug. This leaves the CDI unit, do you have it? Here is a picture of an extra one I have.
http://images.snapfish.com/34343%3A4723232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3246%3E262%3E5%3C%3B% 3EWSNRCG%3D32328947%3B5%3C2%3Bnu0mrj

Here is the wiring diagram. I removed the wires for the lighting to simplify it. well as far as this goes - im still missing wires the cdi unit on that diagram shows more then the cdi on this motor has but correct me if im wrong your saying the black/yellow wire from the ignition coil goes nowhere, black/red wire as well goes nowhere - cuase on the diagram it shows that they go to the cdi unit - but like i stated i only have 2 wires to work with - could i just connect them to the blue wire with the others? one more thing i plan to use the yellow wire from the alternator to go through a monastat relay then thats connected to everything else even the ingition lock and kill switch would this be ok to do?

Rex Karz
03-19-2005, 02:43 AM
To me,I think od a "mid sized superbike" I think of 500cc, 250 lb., To me that is what I would call a "pocket bike". Totally cool, hope I can help......

You need a CDI box and a wiring plug for one, here are some other schematics, but essentially the same as the others.

We had a pocketbike death last month here in Bakersfield CA, signinicant (to me) as it was the first here since the recent explosion in sales of gas powered scooters, pocketbikes, etc. So, be careful !

NOUSAGI
03-19-2005, 02:44 AM
well as far as this goes - im still missing wires the cdi unit on that diagram shows more then the cdi on this motor has but correct me if im wrong your saying the black/yellow wire from the ignition coil goes nowhere, black/red wire as well goes nowhere - cuase on the diagram it shows that they go to the cdi unit - but like i stated i only have 2 wires to work with - could i just connect them to the blue wire with the others? one more thing i plan to use the yellow wire from the alternator to go through a monastat relay then thats connected to everything else even the ingition lock and kill switch would this be ok to do?

is that where the harness comes in play?

cliff2302
03-19-2005, 02:51 AM
What kind of engine did that have originally? Ive never seen one of those bikes before, its pretty neat looking

NOUSAGI
03-19-2005, 03:22 AM
What kind of engine did that have originally? Ive never seen one of those bikes before, its pretty neat looking
a 2 stroke air cooled w/cvt tranny 49cc peice of crap-ohla just wasnt my cup of tea did the oh 2 stroke mods to that motor and got to go 37mph (wuuppie)but took too long to get their, 4 strokes rule in the long run - :w00t:

thefox
03-19-2005, 11:47 AM
ignition coil - black/yellow wire goes to the CDI unit
- green wire goes to ground

kill switch - black/white wire goes to the CDI unit

CDI advancer - blue/yellow wire goes to the CDI unit

Source coil - black turns into black/red and goes to the CDI unit
- yellow is for your lighting

CDI unit - 4 wires that plug into it plus a green one for ground

I have never messed with a monastat so I don't know if you can use it on not.

83185s
03-19-2005, 12:41 PM
dude thats gonna be a bad lil sucker!! it should get * to 50mph with that engine alone and 11 front 41 rear sprockets..have * figured out what your gonna use for them yet?...i agree with all the above about the wiring harness...find one on ebay ..they are cheap...you can also use one from a 185s if * cant find another for the 200s..they are the same

NOUSAGI
03-20-2005, 11:09 PM
i have a connector that came with some-what of the 200s wiring its a (male) and has 3 wires ---green, yellow, black w/red-stripe these wires match-up to the alternators wires - prob someone just spliced those.....im still on the look out for the harness its up 40 bucks plus 7 shipping on ebayand still has 2 days, man thats a little much on the buck - checked out the classifieds on this forum and it dates back that 2 ppl had parts but no way of reaching them - i pm'd them and emailed them - nothing, do you know of any sites that i could check out?

thefox
03-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I would try posting a wanted add in the classifieds and check over at the boards at 3wheeler.org

NOUSAGI
03-23-2005, 01:36 AM
I would try posting a wanted add in the classifieds and check over at the boards at 3wheeler.org
thanks a million -fox- with the info on the 3wheeler.org site i found exactlly what i needed - and for 10 shipped geez that was a great deal - ill let you know how everything goes after i get the motor going............................Pete

thefox
03-23-2005, 08:26 AM
good deal, I hope everythingworks out for ya. That thing is going to rip! :Bounce

NOUSAGI
03-29-2005, 01:57 AM
ok i received a cdi unit (black box) wires coming out of it are, where i connected them to:
(cdi box)
-blue/yellow stripe---------blue--------------------------- coming out of the cdi advancer
-black/red stripe------------black/red stripe------ coming from the 3 wires (alternator)
-black/yellow stripe--------black/yellow stripe--------------------------------- ignition coil
-dark green-------------------------------didnt connect cuase i think its to the kill switch
-light green------------------light green------------------wire from the 3 alternator wires

(cdi advancer)
-light green-------------------dark green------------------------------------------------ground
-blue---------------------------blue/yellow stripe--------------------------------------- cdi box

(alternator)
-black/red stripe-------------black/red stripe------------------------------------------cdi box
-light green-------------------light green------------------------------------------------cdi box
-yellow-------------------------yellow--------------monastat relay that connects all lights

(ignition coil)
-black/yellow stripe----------black/yellow stripe--------------------------------------cdi box
-------------^-i dont have a green wire on the coil it only has 1 b/y-stripe-^-----------

IF THIS SEEMS TO BE A BIT CONFUSING PLS USE THE DIAGRAM I DREW OUT............

Did i connect everything right? Why is it that the wiring diagram that is for the 200s show a green wire on the ignition coil, when the one i have only has 1 wire coming out of it, do i have the wrong ignition coil?
One more thing when i finished wiring it up w/ the cdi box- the motor still didnt start, theirs spark coming out and it has good compression.... :wondering dont know where i went wrong............................................. ......................................

bigredhead
03-29-2005, 09:15 AM
if you got spark.. you're close.

After cranking it over a bunch of times... remove the plug and see if it's dry or wet. if dry, put a few drops of gas down the plug hole and put the plug back in.. try to fire it.. if it puts a few times... check your fuel lines.

Was the motor apart when you got it, or was is already assembled and running ?

NOUSAGI
03-29-2005, 02:06 PM
was assembled and said was in great shape and was running well....... ok today when i go to the shop ill try to put a little bit of gas into the spark plug - first ill try like you said to see if wet or dry - theirs gas running through the lines cuase i could see it through the clear filter im using..........and when i open the carb drain plug it drains the gas - so i suppose its getting gas --------- so does it look like i have the wiring right? the motor hasnt been running for awhile already -- one more note when i took off the old spark plug it was all gunked up with black stuff over the tip like if they where running it too rich...........................i put a new plug tho...............

83185s
03-29-2005, 02:20 PM
hope * get it goin man!! thats gonna be killer!!

bigredhead
03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
i'm going from memory.. but NGK DR8ES-L i beleive.. maybe check to make sure you got the right plug too !.. the choke lever is UP for choke.. DOWN for no choke.

83185s
03-29-2005, 02:37 PM
bigredhead is right dr8es-l

NOUSAGI
03-29-2005, 05:32 PM
when i took out the plug it looked pretty dry.... i then added a few drops of gas and still nothing ......... i tried with chokeing it then i dropped the choke ........ ok the spark may not be a spark but like if i rub the light tester wire on the ground at the same time as i pull the start then it does a spark like a sparkler (fire-cracker thing)-------its kinda hard to hold the wire close to the ground and pull start at the same time/ when i could get some help ill see for sure if it is even sparking ------------------im guessing that it still doesnt have enough juice to crank the motor ----------- yes it is a ngk plug, part# not sure but will check on that when i get back to the shop---------- we'll take this one step at a time untill it turns on ----- thanks
is the plug a cold or hot plug?

bigredhead
03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
For a cold motor... i'd suggest putting on full choke, and put your thumb on the throttle, just touch it... and give it a pull.

that seemed to ALWAYS work on my old 200 !! ... :p

willcamach
03-29-2005, 08:38 PM
why not try and bump start it

MTS
03-29-2005, 09:27 PM
when i took out the plug it looked pretty dry.... i then added a few drops of gas and still nothing ......... i tried with chokeing it then i dropped the choke ........ ok the spark may not be a spark but like if i rub the light tester wire on the ground at the same time as i pull the start then it does a spark like a sparkler (fire-cracker thing)-------its kinda hard to hold the wire close to the ground and pull start at the same time/ when i could get some help ill see for sure if it is even sparking ------------------im guessing that it still doesnt have enough juice to crank the motor ----------- yes it is a ngk plug, part# not sure but will check on that when i get back to the shop---------- we'll take this one step at a time untill it turns on ----- thanks
is the plug a cold or hot plug?
to test if you have spark, take the plug out, stick it in the plug cap and them hold the threded part of the plug agaist the head and then pull it over and look to see if you have spark, or just grab the spark plug and plug the bike over a bunch if you cant hold the plug to ground and pull it over at the same time

NOUSAGI
03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
ok check on the spark plug - i have a DR8ES - ngk is that the same as dr8es-l --ngk cuase ngk has the -L and with out the L......................tried firing again and nothing..............................well this is what i have so far - i know that i should have the right plug - theirs gas running to the carb- all wires are connected correct-- has good compression - tomorrow ill check it with the compression tester - WHAT SHOULD BE THE COMPRESSION BE ON THIS MOTOR? will have more info tomorrow.......................................... .........Pete

could i have the wrong/bad ignition coil or a bad cdi box?

MTS
03-29-2005, 09:31 PM
you have the right plug, get the multi meter out and start testing yout plug wire, coil, stator...assuming you have all the wireing and ground hooked up proprly

NOUSAGI
03-29-2005, 11:56 PM
just what should the compression, the meter- coil, stator read?

DeePa
03-30-2005, 12:14 AM
How about the ground like mytrikesucks said? Also, compression should be like 140-165 if i remember correctly. Thats on a fresh rebuilt. My 200s has 90 lbs compression and it ran like a freaking champ. (why did i take the top end off???)

Good luck, and sorry i couldnt help on the meter/coil/stator question

NOUSAGI
03-31-2005, 04:24 AM
on this forum and found some great info on how to do the troubleshooting.......will perform this when i have some time... one thing is would i be able to find a probe to fit on a automotive compression tester like a flare fitting - or do i have to buy one/tester for a atv? ok one more thing which wire (color) should i test the measure w/meter - for the stator check? the carb jet is set all the way down - the clip sits lowest setting - is this correct?

NOUSAGI
03-31-2005, 09:29 PM
I DONT HAVE SPARK, i was doing it the wrong way i was checking it through the wires coming from the cdi box while connected- i just check it w/the plug next to the head of the motor like one of yall mentioned and nope it has no spark - ok where do i go from here?

NOUSAGI
04-02-2005, 03:30 AM
after takeing a break from my project w/research on this forum: i retracked my steps & found that i puchased a ignition coil for 185s motor that has the green/ground wire (o-ONSIDES-o) of the coil where your suppose to bolt it down on the origanal trike frame somewhere so itll get the ground from the little bolt holes, thats why they have some metal on them - thats why i was asking if i was missing my ground to the coil.....cuase im sure that i dont have the coil properly grounded- WOULD THAT MAKE IT NOT WANT TO FIRE? ...... ok first thing tomorrow // if this is possible too connect some bolts+nutz and 2 wires jointed from the 2 holes then ground them with the rest of the ground wires which i have grounded to where the chain sprocket case is suppose to be, in one of those bolt holes since im not useing the cover. which is on the motor....COULD THIS BE A GOOD LOCATION FOR THE GROUND, other than the frame?

after that if i still dont have spark then indeed im in-need of a new stator coil, ill check the ignition coil aswell since now im sure on how to do it and i have the ohms on which the stator&alternator suppose to read...........ill get back to yall asa
i get the correct diagnoses -------- right on trikers and ride like the wind :cool:

NOUSAGI
04-03-2005, 01:48 AM
is their a way to see with the d/multimeter to check ohms running through the cdi box to see if its functional....like a coil check? - cuase the one i bought off of this guy on a classified came pretty dirty, i tried to clean the connectors --------------------------ok this is what ive managed to do: ........(L)=Lead.........
1....i set the d/meter for ohms at the lowest for both primary and secondairy...
QUICK QUESTION: what is the primary/secondairy?
well the stator wire which is black/red stripe - i connected the red/L on that wire with the black/L on the ground wire thats grounded to the motor.....................it read .280
2....i then connected w/the ignition coil off the motor but still grounded ..........the red/L to the black/yellow stripe wire and the black/L to the ground wire ............................it read 1 which i forgot too set the meter to 0zero0 but just remembered that when i got home today i suppose that if it only read 1 then it would of just read 0 but ill recheck tomorrow is this correct or am i doing something wrong?
3....i did this to try to check the alternator..... red/L to yellow / black/L to ground while i pull started it was tring to read but went back to 1 - set at the lowest setting : WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR CHECKING THE ALTERNATOR?
4....i for got to check the cdi advancer i think which is the pickup coil, onside of the head THIS TOO HOW TO CHECK?..................

NOUSAGI
04-04-2005, 01:35 AM
ITS IN THE ATTACHMENT.......... pls could someone give me feed back on this i could see that no-ones replied lately to this thread and i had needed some help.............................................. ......i went ahead and measured the ohms w/ all the setting cuase its confusing after i noted from the search.......could anyone tell me which readings are correct and which parts need replacing.....thanks Pete

bigredhead
04-06-2005, 01:31 PM
after takeing a break from my project w/research on this forum: i retracked my steps & found that i puchased a ignition coil for 185s motor that has the green/ground wire (o-ONSIDES-o) of the coil where your suppose to bolt it down on the origanal trike frame somewhere so itll get the ground from the little bolt holes, thats why they have some metal on them - thats why i was asking if i was missing my ground to the coil.....cuase im sure that i dont have the coil properly grounded- WOULD THAT MAKE IT NOT WANT TO FIRE? ...... ok first thing tomorrow // if this is possible too connect some bolts+nutz and 2 wires jointed from the 2 holes then ground them with the rest of the ground wires which i have grounded to where the chain sprocket case is suppose to be, in one of those bolt holes since im not useing the cover. which is on the motor....COULD THIS BE A GOOD LOCATION FOR THE GROUND, other than the frame?

after that if i still dont have spark then indeed im in-need of a new stator coil, ill check the ignition coil aswell since now im sure on how to do it and i have the ohms on which the stator&alternator suppose to read...........ill get back to yall asa
i get the correct diagnoses -------- right on trikers and ride like the wind :cool:

In this part .. where you say " There are 2 holes that mount to the frame with 2 nuts " .. don't connect this to the motor itself... ground it to the frame !

Find a place on the frame.. drill some holes .. tap them and secure this solidly tio the frame somehow .. and grind any paint so that you have good ground contacts....

NOUSAGI
04-06-2005, 04:25 PM
ok ill try that cuase i already had it grounded to the motor .............Pete

hotroddal
04-06-2005, 10:05 PM
man dude i can tell ya one thing that thing is gona be almost uncontrollable if your a hot rod kinda rider , but if ya take er' easy you should be good on it.

NOUSAGI
04-06-2005, 10:21 PM
ok i cleaned up a good place on the frame to ground everything together, and did the spark test once more and ok it had spark but yellow&weak .............so mabe i need a new ignition coil .. let me do some more reading on this site i found talked alot about troubleshooting ....................................

thefox
04-06-2005, 10:29 PM
OK, I tryed to figure out your attachment but I don't think I am reading it right. so here is what you should test.

For the Honda atc 185s

Sator coil
meter leads between the black/red wire and ground = 245 ohms

Lighting coil (doesn't effect spark)
meter leads between yellow and ground = anything (continuity)

Ignition coil
meter leads between ground and terminal = .2 - .8 ohms
meter leads between ground and spark plug cap = 8,000 - 15,000 ohms

Pulse advancer
meter leads between blue/yellow and green = 20 - 60 ohms
air gap between advancer and black box = .012 - .016 in. (.3-.4 mm)

CDI Unit
14 different tests so check all other parts first

On the 3 wheeler the ignition coil is grounded through the frame by the mounting bolts. You can also run a wire from the coil mounts to the engine and ground it that way if you are not able to get a good ground.

NOUSAGI
04-07-2005, 12:46 AM
but i chose a 185s cdi unit, and ignition coil which i figured that they were compatible with the 1985 200s is this wrong? on the attachment it reads from the continuity setting too the 200 setting - forget all that, whats the setting for ohms on the d/meter for the following.............................

ignition coil-
stator-
pickup coil (cdi advancer)-
alternator-

NOUSAGI
04-07-2005, 04:24 PM
ok it has weak&yellow spark when i have the spark/plug disconnected from motor, connectted to plug/wire ignition coil and touching threads of the spark/plug to side of the head ---- and no spark when plug is installed in the motor & i repeat the test .............whats that mean?

mbubbac
04-07-2005, 04:28 PM
i would say the ignition coil, heres a lil trick, take a screw driver stick it in the plug wire and hole the metal part of the screwdriver and touch the head with 1 of ** fingers, then pul it like once or twice not that hard and see if * get a lil shock,

NOUSAGI
04-08-2005, 12:43 AM
im just gonna buy another set of freaken harness, ignition coil, cdi box & stator that go to a 200s im tired of guessing........i took off the cover to the pull start and i tell you what this thing is beautifully clean like if it came straight from the factory, ok i dont want to screw anything up so pls bare with me as i go through the repair the stator procedure..........any pointers........ im gonna buy the stuff tonight.....ok im at the flywheel i think what does the proper tool look like for removing the flywheel? cuase i have a 3 jaw puller, steering wheel puller and neither look like they could work...................im getting this bike running ** the summer man, i must ride!!!!!!

NOUSAGI
06-10-2005, 11:18 PM
geezz............... ok i put a new source coil on their and still nothing, im waiting for 2 parts from theFOX and mabe ill get a pulse - which will be a functional ignition coil, and cdi box - im crossing my fingers i hope something comes of all this cuase im getting burn out of trying :cry: the last electrical part would be the coil advancer (cdi on the left side of the head) and that read 31 ohms so that should be good........at that im read to get the hydrualic brakes & forks and steel rims that are of better quality and 10" which will raise the bike up and give it better stability - i already installed the steering damper the last thing which would be for drag raceing would be the wheelie bar - MMMMMMMAAAAANNNNN she needs to be running already - after all the money invested in the project i should of already of test run it by now... :mad: ...........................i thought id keep yall informed - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pete

NOUSAGI
06-13-2005, 10:44 PM
shes runs great i just had a few questions before i get all fired up about the whole thing ..........

1. on the dip stick it should read full on what mark cuase it has these xxx on it and under that it has a line?

2. my motor spits out oil from the crank case breather hole - i think i added a little too much oil is this why it would of of started burning oil? - at that i didnt run it long at all after i notice it started smokeing then i quickly stopped running it and did engine checks .

3. the motor back fires alot after i decelerate, right now the needle jet thing is set in the middle 3 position, is it a touch too rich? should i move it to the 4 position?

ok man this thing is a beast on wheels i get to 35 so darn quick it scares me to even think that i want too take it to 50... im sure itll hit 65 mabe 70 with the weight ............all i have too say is W :eek: W im so happy i chose this motor -- all along it had spark just no fuel hehe i totally past that ... i added starter fluid too it and it fired up right away - she sound like a harley ppl freak when they hear it .. ive had a quite a few ppl help out with this project and i thank yall guys for yalls info aswell.................i was wanting to try to attach a automotive tach to it but i failed, its probally not applicable......my steering damper came in but i need to wait for the hydrualic shocks i ordered and the hydrualic brake im gonna add to the rear only...............im haveing trouble with the lighting as well, i might have a bad generator thing thats under the stator, not sure im just happy she running ill fixed that after i take the bugs out ........ ive lifted the front on 2 by accident shes gonna do awsome wheelies................i just got back from celebrateing :beer a successfull project.........ill get better pics on soon and mabe a video ---- im riding this weekend forsure - will have more news as they come

bassman
06-13-2005, 11:01 PM
1. I'm having the EXACT same dilemma with my 200 engine, so i hope to get answer with you, lol

2. I'm pretty sure it's normal, but how much is it spitting? Mine does it to...

3. I know nothing about that, LOL, Alot of help, I know. What I'd do is just trial an error.

That is one BAD bike. I've been looking into pocket/mid bikes the last few months. Let me know the top speed on 'er!

bigredhead
06-13-2005, 11:10 PM
You fill the tranny with enough oil to have it level to the top of the xxx's with the stick NOT screwed in... that's the full mark.

Rich or lean should not matter.. as far as oil out the breather tube goes... that's either caused by pressure blowing by the valves on the compression stroke .. or some other potential problems... Do you have a compression tester ????

The backfire during de-acceleration.. i'd say exhaust not giving enough backpressure.. what do you have on it for a pipe ???

NOUSAGI
06-14-2005, 12:00 AM
it reads over fill by like 4mm when its screwed in -- its while not screwed, will try that tomorrow.. i think im still gonna take some out tho .... as the pipes concerned it starts with the 200s exhuast flange <---- i think thats what its called well the part that goes bolted on to the motor then it gets a little narrower pipe but not by much.........then the pipe swings around the head out to the back then 1 1/2' to the end is a honda atv exhuast......... check out the pic.............

is back fire bad for the motor? it sounds kick@ss when it does it -

im gonna add heat wrap around the exhuast pipe to help keep some of the heat down cuase the heat from the motor & exhuast is too hot under their..... it spits enough oil that with the breather filter it floods it and starts to drip then out of that :wondering if i should use a automotive breather kinda like a pvc looking one but i dont think your suppose to close that hole up that much - it blows alot of air through that hole when its running............is that normal aswell?

NOUSAGI
06-16-2005, 12:54 AM
i just figured that i forgot to put the exhuast gaskit in -- darn -- could this be why its backfiring?

well i made this cool thing for the crank case breather tube -- i went to autozone check out the bypass hoses took my breather filter and matched it up too a -s- shaped one- had to add a gromet to the end that went too the tube--- so if the oil keeped lightlly spitting out of the tube that itll have to bypass in a s shape going up then out of the filter by my surprise it quit doing it - worked out great.........................

i ordered the exh. gaskit and will be ordering the exh. heat wrap for the pipe today ----- im hoping the wrap will rduce alot of the heat thats being buit up in the fairing .... from the motor and the exhuast im aswell thinking too put heat resistant aluminum tape to the fairing cuase after like 30 minutes of riding i could feel my mothers cooking ...........

ill be riding this weekend try to take the rest of those nasty critter bugs out--- i ride twice a day ** i go to work and after.. wish i could show all guys

i know ive reached 45 on it already this bike has alot more in her to go - man it most be cool too ripp off road with yalls trikes - as far as wheelies ohh yaa ive gone their but im not ready to test it like that yet :eek:

how do you check to see if the generators working when the bikes on?

TrikerR
06-16-2005, 08:11 AM
for the tach you will need one that is made for a single cylinder engine as the automotive tachs are set up for 4 cylinders and up. once you do get one for a 1 cylinder engine they are easy to install. one of the wires wrap around the spark lead and the other grounded to the frame. look for one off a oldish honda dirt bike.

oh yea, thats looking so sweet...do you race at a track.

phreakboy
06-26-2005, 07:22 AM
Hey where is the vids of this thing, It looks sweet as hell.

NOUSAGI
06-27-2005, 01:34 AM
Hey where is the vids of this thing, It looks sweet as hell.
hydrualic forks, steering damper, exhaust heat wrap on the pipe only, 350 lbs rear shock and just ordered a 75watt light coil from ricky-stator but wont get to try them out till next week or so but ill keep it coming..... the bike rides good until im hitting like 45 then i could feel why it needed the better suspension and damper...... last will be the hydrualic brake set-up then ill be finally done ------ as far as the vids im gonna wait till im completely done with the bike... they will come tho just give me a bit more time :cool:

83185s
06-27-2005, 01:07 PM
the spitting oil thing..i havnt really heard of too many that dont do it...all of mine did...that thing looks sweet man...you should get a really small rear sprocket and a really big front for it..lol nothin but speed!!! nah like a 14 front and a 38 rear...that should set * up to about 65-70 on a trike so maybe faster on that little thing!

NOUSAGI
06-28-2005, 01:19 AM
the spitting oil thing..i havnt really heard of too many that dont do it...all of mine did...that thing looks sweet man...you should get a really small rear sprocket and a really big front for it..lol nothin but speed!!! nah like a 14 front and a 38 rear...that should set * up to about 65-70 on a trike so maybe faster on that little thing!
(bypass breather -filter) idea i condered up... it stoped the oil from sputten - and looks cool - ill get a pic asa i get the bike back together with the upgraded parts - i think im running that kind of set -up for the gearing i dont remember tho was 6 months of putting the projected together ---- heres a parts list for the BB-filter

all at a local automotive store......

1. small breather filter round, cone ect.
2. your gonna have to ask to check out their bypass hoses, take your b-filter w/you so you could match up the right size -thatll fit in the hose- then look for a shape that fits best but that has it going in a up-ward direction, i chose the (z) like shape one
3. a grommet thatll go inside the hose but that will also go on the crank - kinda like a downsize cuase the hose diameter is too large
4. 2x tie-down clamps

and their you have it no more dirty oil spills .......................... :D

NOUSAGI
07-15-2005, 01:19 AM
ok since i last posted i was working on the suspesion on this bike i purchased hydrualic front forks from a 4-stroke pocket bike and a taller rear spring, with that it raised the bike about 2 inches which gave it a more comfotable sitting postion and not so much weight being on the front of the bike..... i also installed the heat wrap on the pipe of the ehuast and that as well worked out great it reduced the heat from inside the fairing a whopping 50-60% at that it lowered the sound of the exuhuast just a little bit made it more muffled ........and i also installed after a bit of research a (sigma sport bc 800) bike computer since my schwinn speedo would tweek out after 37 since the bike gets going so quickly and i entered the exact calibrated numbers as i used for the schwinn/s and i was hitting :::

67 mph wow - and it still has more to go man this bike is gonna start flying off the ground -lol-

well its been a great expereince doing this project .........and the honda atc200s motor is a kick@ss motor ......................ill have new pics up soon ---------Pete :D

bigredhead
07-15-2005, 08:03 AM
67 mph !!!!!!!! you sure ?

Holey crap that's fast for that size frame. phew.

Look into full body air bags !!

NOUSAGI
07-16-2005, 12:21 AM
:eek: ive done a max speed of 71.6mph ..............ok that might be just as fast as i would like to gooooo ........ heres some more pics - ill have more up tomorrow...the bikes a little dirty after a well needed run....Pete :cool:

sideshow_bob
07-16-2005, 01:01 AM
That thing is insane!

NOUSAGI
07-25-2005, 04:12 AM
last but not least the hydrualic brakes are coming in the mail, front and rear... now ill be able to stop on a dime or pretty close ........ i also ordered a (tiny tach) all from ebay and i saved a great deal of money............... i have a few questions tho-------------------------------????

why is it when i tried to down shift while rideing that the rear locks up almost as if i just hit the brakes? are you even able to down shift on this motor?

when i ride i just hit every gear prob at the right rpms and gun it but after i just leave it in 5 gear and ride like that unless im at a full complete stop then i reach down and up shift it back too 1 ................

one more thing im slowly practiceing how to wheelie.........i get it in 1 gear then i rev it then put it in 2 while its in good rpms then shes up but the highest ive gotin it is like 5 - 6inches off the ground then i throttle control it back down since im still practiceing but it will do it again in 2 too 3 then 3 too 4 and soo on if i just have the rpms up a little bit more in each gear ** the next - is this how yould be doing a proper wheelie with this motor set-up????

has anyone used a (sigma sport bc800) bike computer **?

well today i rode with the big-boys at my mother-inlaws house - it started off me riding around the neighbor hood then all of a sudden i see like 4 bikers come up to mee and we rode around --- they were freakin cuase my bike sounded better than theirs ---lol---- this bike is so much fun - i make sure i wear all my gear when i ride cuase you never now when youll eat sh@t - will keep youll updated on this bike -------------------------------here some recent and little more better pics ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pete

bassman
07-25-2005, 07:20 AM
why is it when i tried to down shift while rideing that the rear locks up almost as if i just hit the brakes? are you even able to down shift on this motor?

You are down shifting to early. Once you get that tac, the problem should be solved though.

when i ride i just hit every gear prob at the right rpms and gun it but after i just leave it in 5 gear and ride like that unless im at a full complete stop then i reach down and up shift it back too 1 ................

I don't understand what you are saying here.....

one more thing im slowly practiceing how to wheelie.........i get it in 1 gear then i rev it then put it in 2 while its in good rpms then shes up but the highest ive gotin it is like 5 - 6inches off the ground then i throttle control it back down since im still practiceing but it will do it again in 2 too 3 then 3 too 4 and soo on if i just have the rpms up a little bit more in each gear ** the next - is this how yould be doing a proper wheelie with this motor set-up????

I doubt you even need to rev it. Just gun it in 2nd or 3rd and lift/lean back. Thats how my 200x is. I can pop a wheelie in 1-2-3 gears by gunning and leaning backwards.

bigredhead
07-25-2005, 02:10 PM
the reason the wheel locks up is the compression of the engine. Not as noticable on a 300 lbs trike but that thing does not have enough weight to hold the wheel to the ground.. so it locks up. NO big deal.. just slow down more before downshifting.

Quote:

What he's saying is it has enough power to pull him around in 5th at all times.. he only drops it back to 1st if he gets to a dead stop !! lol..... How much do you weight and the bike ?..

Wheelie : Get in any gear, and you will notice that if you pull up just a little bit on the shifter.. not enough to change gears. but just pull the lever a bit and it will allow the clutch to slip .. rev it up and let the shift lever go.. it will GRAB and pull the front up !.
careful with this !!!

nimda78
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
you dont think perhapse an atv geared 200cc motor isnt overkilling over kill on such a small toy? did you make a drain hole in that plate steel for the oil? i know your gonna do a whiteout conditions burnout...WE WANT A VID OF IT TOO!!! looks real cool btw!

NOUSAGI
07-25-2005, 08:18 PM
doing a full burn-out until the tire pops but i have to, have video ready and spare tire ------------------------------------im scared if i were to try to down shift again that the bike will throw me fowards thats how much it locks-up --- ill try it when my tach gets in and ill try it from 2 back to 1 something like that ----untill i get it down

i weigh about 182+,200s atc motor 45 +pounds frame, rest of the bike about 75+ pounds ---- id say = with me on the bike 305-315 lbs

drain pan?? hole? i solved the oil that sputes from the crank hole other than that theirs no need for a sort of drain pan........................

as far as wheelies go ............- the set-up i have has me shifting the the gears on a down ward position - another words foot rest on the peg and gear selector - in order to down shift id have to shift up is this the right way the origanal 200s trike set-up is? im probally gonna have to construct a new shifter so i could better fit my foot to be able to down shift better...............i tell you when i do pop a wheelie its when im going about 20mph and then at that time im aready flying - kinda like a real sport bike wheelie its really cool - ill practice more........... im trying my best on getting video on this bike im sure when i do yall be the first to see it ..........Pete :cool: ............ ps..................bigredhead -- -- :lol: :lol: dead-stop :lol: :lol: i thought that on my first ride on this project -

NOUSAGI
07-28-2005, 01:14 AM
my 1985 200s motors lighting coil is out ive searched and searched and found nothing untill now theirs this one on ebay but its off a 1983-85 200x ----would that work on mine? or do yall know where i could purchase one from, cuase that rickystator ones too darn expensive................................one more thing ive manage to hit:
>>>> 78.8 mph <<<<

and that might be its max speed with the motor being stock, reg cone filter and gearing of : 11t front - 34t rear sprockets

i still would like to add a (k&n cone filter) to it and that should give it a bit more power...........................

monster 84r
07-28-2005, 09:34 PM
that must be HORRIFYING to go that fast on such a compact bike. sound dangerous, but a ton of fun. im looking foreward to some videos!

NOUSAGI
08-02-2005, 04:14 AM
if so with what kind --------while i was doing some upgrades on my bike i popped open the exhuast and notice their wasnt any exhuast-packing like if someone prier to me owning it ripped it out my brother-inlaws have some performance packing ill go ahead and use that ..............i added the hydrualic brakes and the tiny-tach......................video prob this weekend..............im still in need of the lighting coil...................Pete

NOUSAGI
01-24-2006, 06:01 AM
thought id let yall know how everythings doing....heres a recap of mods:

ATC-200s honda motor
k-n filter cone
honda atv exhuast not sure which one i forgot
11/38 gearing
tiny tach
sigma sport speedo
total weight of bike = 135 pounds

ok ill say i have my calulations incorrect on the speedo but id average about 60 at the most top speed and its crazy wild on 1-2-3-4- then it gets easier to ride in 5 so i might have it way over geared for my application which brings me to this forum again too get wise answers from the one and only trikevania.....

im planning on going with a 12/34 gearing and trading in the 8" front & 9" rear tires for 10" front and rear tires........what type of speed yall think ill be pulling with this set-up? i have no need to use this motor for trail riding so im trying to extend the torque too even more top speed but with easier 2,3,4 gears and not so darn torqy........

one more thing i bought a regulator/reciptifier and it has 6 wires coming from the connection (3x yellow, red, orange/ black, black/white).....i couldnt seem to find a motor that match these colors......im also wanting to add a battery to my bike and would like to know if i could use a battery that is sealed that has what i think is acid in it that came off of the stock x2 midi bike ill post up pic next post of the battery .............

other than that this bikes amazing and well wurth the fun too of built it....im still trying to get video of this beast and asa i do yall be the first to view them....

phreakboy
01-24-2006, 08:19 AM
I love it, its kinda strange because I was just thinking about this yesterday and was gonne dig the thread up. Glad to see you are still moving on it, I can imagine the fun from this thing as I have fun on just my 25mph pocket bike. Can't wait to see the video.:beer

cragster
01-24-2006, 08:36 AM
thats awesome. I had a little pocket bike and a spare 200s running engine before....I shlould of did this. BUt mine was the littler pocket bike version so i doubt it would fit

cragster
01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
thats awesome. I had a little pocket bike and a spare 200s running engine before....I shlould of did this. BUt mine was the littler pocket bike version so i doubt it would fit

NOUSAGI
01-25-2006, 12:04 AM
its runs very well but like i mentioned it has way too much torq and i thought with a 100 pounds off of a actual 200s bike that i would get more top speed but i guess not......i did get alot of performance by useing the k&n cone filter, i neglectic too rejet the carb tho.........and still need to do some more tuning to the carb.....but as of a few weeks ago i got smoked by a 110cc x18 super bike and i was really shocked but come to realize i was running with 26 less psi front and 19 psi less rear on my tires which use 40 max psi, so i was dragging big time...also he weighs 50 pounds less than me, both bike weigh about the same tho ......we drag race twice, first i tried my best to get it going by starting -n,1,2,3,4,5 but man i lost alot of time just trying to keep the bike from flipping over and controlling it, i cuaght up fast tho .....then 2nd time i just left it in 5th and gunned it and i was winning till the end he picked up and past me by like 3 bike lengths.....i didnt find out about my tires till the next day......cuase i was still kinda pissed off about the whole deal i checked and found out about my low low psi on my tires and that would make a differance in my top speed but i plan on drag racing him again and will, i mean will come out victorously.....i chose this motor for a reason and thats for its durablilty, 5 speeds, over 50 t/s, and got it for a very good deal ...................other than that i also have terrained (off road) the bike a little and took it thru this place where our local truckers, atv, dirt bikes go off roadin and it road like a champ as if the motor never left the tricycle.............ill keep adding to this thread so any futher mods will be posted here and expecially the vid when i get that going..............

daputz
01-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Can you get part #'s off of the reg/rect you bought? If I am remembering right, honda uses the 3 yellow wires with their 3 phase charging systems.

Great project:w00t: It sounds like it hauls azzzz

NOUSAGI
01-25-2006, 02:54 AM
cuase its at my shop and im at home but if remember correctlly i didnt see any numbers but ill look.......i looked up the honda sect., diagrams sect., here and ony 1 style has the 6 wire reg/rect, the honda atc250's have um but only the yellows and the red match.... the other 2 dont ..... i think tho the black/white goes to a switch then that lvs the orange/black cuase i also know that yellows are the out going polarity too the lights and well the red goes too the batt.....once i connect my battery too my wiring with reg/rect i should be able to figure her out.....i got the reg/rect for only 8 shipped so was a great deal.....i also found out that on these midsize bikes we use the sealed lead acid batteries so i should be able to use what i got for a batt.....cuase the original atv,atc,moto batts are too big and weigh more .......ill post pics of these items tomorrow....

one more thing where could i get a 13 tooth drive sprocket for the 200s?

well i found a 33 tooth rear i could get for real cheap too but ill have to mod another sprocket adapter plate for it ....its off of a 1975 honda cb500 they aswell use the 520 chain so thats the cheapest so i might go with a 12/33 ratio which puts me at 2.75, a .7 differance so that should put me at great top speed.....and if i find a 13 drive sprocket thall switch it too 2.53 wow but that might be too much.....if anyone knows anything about gearing and what im about to get my self into and think its too much for the motor too handle then pls say so and give me reason so ill rethink my performance mod ...............thanks

NOUSAGI
01-25-2006, 11:33 PM
nope their was no letters, numbers or nothing on the reg/rect so only thing im going by is the color indication of wires..........im going to wire everything up onto the reg/rect & batt on friday so i hope it works out fine......ill repost on results

NOUSAGI
09-05-2006, 02:02 AM
yes small turbochargers -- i dont need it tho when i changed the gearing i went like 10-15mph more faster wish i could get the 27mm carb for it tho....heres some new pics with bigger wheels and the charging system woking.......no video yet but i guarantee it will come.......this motor was 1 damn good idea....they do sell a tubo kit for 200cc motors ive seen but they sell for like 500 dollars and give off 7-10 of boost but na im good where i stand......ill keep yall posted

Billy Golightly
09-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Hey, got a link to the turbo kits?

vanillaice
11-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Nice work.

NOUSAGI
12-22-2006, 12:39 AM
heres a short clip of the bike at idle too high rev.....turn up your speakers and let it rip....enjoy......sorry for the clarity but had to adjust it to load faster..also im using dial-up...ill see about making them better...:D

video -----> http://media.putfile.com/X-2-with-a-ATC200s-motor

jsimonh
12-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Very cool! Looks like a good clean build.:beer

team-red-rider
12-22-2006, 10:40 AM
id convert it to 3 wheels lol

NOUSAGI
12-23-2006, 04:18 AM
ill post a few videos up tomorrow of me riding it.........:twisted:

video --------> http://media.putfile.com/last-idle-video

NOUSAGI
12-24-2006, 04:04 AM
just trying out the editing.....

-----------> http://media.putfile.com/outlook-of-the-bike

NOUSAGI
12-30-2006, 12:17 AM
its pretty securely bolted down, pretty good and it hardly has much vibration on the helmet, compared to everywhere else ive tried...ill post up a video of me riding it using this....:pics:

camcorder looks like it will be pointing to the sky but ive adjusted it to my riding stance...from riding staight up to slouching down riding fast.... where ill be getting the best straight shot picture...

thefox
12-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Have you done any motor mods? a xr200r cam and carb. work well with those engines to give a little more power without going too deep into the motor.

NOUSAGI
12-31-2006, 05:48 PM
theFOX, no i havent got around to getting that cam or a better carb but i do plan on getting the 27mm carb .....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :beer :beer :beer ****2007**** :beer :beer :beer

video -----> http://media.putfile.com/Helmet-Cam-1o1

thefox
12-31-2006, 06:36 PM
That is so sweet! I want one too. Great job.

NOUSAGI
01-01-2007, 01:48 AM
enjoy...... http://media.putfile.com/more-helmet-cam

trikes=fun2
02-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey i got a midsize x2 pocketbike layin around and 2 200s's(one of them just sits there)and i would be interested in doing this, what modifications to the frame did you make to fit it in there.thanks(oh and mods can you fix my old sn on here it was trikes=fun and I emailed you guys with my new email thanks)

NOUSAGI
03-19-2007, 02:58 AM
welding, gussets, mounts, down tube connected to a bottom plate, extend the frame 6", rotate the rear swing arm redo the brake mounts, fab up a sprocket to fit, use a pocketbike cags gas tank, make you some mounts for that, upgrade the front and rear shocks or itll totally sag, add a steering stabilizer or your lose control on the buck .......not to mention fill in the gap of the fairing the extended 6" frame cuased......really your not ready for such a project that will smoke most cars on take off...

..i just got a flat after all this time riding it...so she parked for the moment till i get my replacement tube

...just baught what is to be a brand new beginning of a project so in order to pay for that one this one has to go... i took off alot of stuff on the bike in order to drop the bike on value in order to sale it fast... i intend on selling it on e-ba with a starting bid of 700...total buid was around 1300-1500....i mean you name it it was on their...except i took off all the goodies soo someone could just start her up and ride it like you stole it..........

took off: mirrors, battery, wiring harness, signal lights, decals, except the gas tank pad, tach, sigma sport speedo, digital voltagemeter, red glow switches, red indo glow, strobe light...sport pro grips....i have it two/tone color now...motor runs strong as hell still ...just did a oil change and tune-up...

once agian to all youll who followed the build and answered my questions i had along the way Thanks alot and i thought id give yall trikers the heads up on the sale...this bike is the real deal and i took it for all i invested in it and its running like new still... before i do post it on e-ba im gonna post one last video clip of someone recoding me riding it so i could show a better view of the speed the lil monster produces ..............................................:w00 t:

NOUSAGI
12-02-2008, 11:06 PM
OK, its been along while since ive done anything with my bike since I wrecked it. Yes I wrecked it, the bike did a flip after I hit a curb. Good thing I was wearing my helmet just didnt have it tied down. I supposablly did a flip aswell and the helmet came flying off and how I hit my head on the sidewalk I dont remember. Anyways I came out of it ok just a scratch on the side of my head. Well lesson learned to always remember to tie the helmet down! I was more worried about my bike since I had put like 25-30hrs and countless amount of days, let alone the cost of the modification. The bike got all torn up, other than the main frame and the motor. Swingarm got twisted, fairings broke in most places.

So here I am again with another idea for the same ATC200S motor in this midsize super pocketbike. Im making it into a stunt bike.

This is what Ive done so far since I started the conversion to a stunt bike. I swapped the standard sportbike handlebars for a nice pair of dirtbike handlebars. Added a wheelie bar and at the moment working on the the roll cage. Im half way done with the cage just need to do the otherside and paint. I also redid the gearing for more torque.

I have 1 issue though. While the bikes not running, I put the bike up on the wheeling bar and gas poured out of the air filter. Is this just cause the bikes not runnning or will it still run gass out from the filter while running and doing a wheelie? The wheelie bar is a 12'oclock bar. If it will still pour out while riding it, anybody have any tips on stopping that from happening?

I'll take some pictures of the bike tomorrow and post up.

phreakboy
12-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Its odd because I was just thinking about this bike yesterday since I had not seen any updates in awhile and was gonna make a post this morning. Well sorry to hear that you banged it up, at least you came out ok, and now you know a lid helps, but even more when it is properly attached. As for the carb, I know that I use to wheelie all day long on my old 200s and never had fuel come out, and I also have stored them on end with out having it leak so....
I do hope to see some updates again and some more pics.

oscarmayer
12-03-2008, 09:37 AM
you stated you found turbo kit for $500, where? i'm wanting to turbo a 250

NOUSAGI
12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Its only the turbo though nothing else.

I want to bolt down the one side of the roll cage I have done first before I take pictures of the progress. Tomorrow I'll have it bolted down. I need longer brake lines and a longer throttle cable aswell before I could ride it. I love these motors, very strong and dependable. I also swapped exhaust for a carbon fiber dirtbike one. The new exhaust makes it sound more raw and crazier of a monster. Im also adding a batman faceplate in front to kinda cover the headlights from being to naked. I'll take the picture of the bike with that part on but its unfinished.

I think Im liking the way its turning out so far. Good thing cause it pretty much was just salvage frame with motor after I did wreck it, to a stunt bike. :cool:

Well I hope it doesnt pour out gas from the filter when I wheelie. If so Im into getting myself hurt yet again with this machine but this time burned alive. I think Im going to do something to prevent it either way.

NOUSAGI
12-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I still need to paint the wheelie bar, batman faceplate and the rollcage when done. I'll post up some more later.

Rex Karz
12-06-2008, 06:08 AM
I always liked this implant. Where are the footpegs?

oscarmayer
12-06-2008, 11:21 AM
when it comes to tuning, your goign to have to get the manual for a 200s and follow it's direction sfor setting the carb up.

there's a lot you can do to that 200s motor in terms of power and performance,. it'll cost you in the range of about $700-$800 to get one of the fastest 200s top ends, but it'll be a beast! that's for sure!

try getting the tuning done. it shoudl help a bunch with your issues.

manual states:
valve:
cold clearnaces are 0.05mm (0.002 in)
carb:
100# main jet
pilot screw open 2 and 1/4 turns
float level 14.0mm (.55 inch)

plug:
NGK DR8ES-L (DR7ES-L is 1 step hotter)
gap is 0.6-0.7mm (0.024-0.028 in)
this should get it running a little better. use a stock plug, then go up 1 in heat range. also open the gap up to about a .030 0.032 in. This will help a little bit.

NOUSAGI
12-06-2008, 10:37 PM
I dont want to go fast on it anymore. I had it topped out at 85-90mph already. I had to maintance it too often with the top-speed set-up. Stunting it should be just as fun.

The foot pegs are folded in.

NOUSAGI
12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
My camera isnt the best of them so here I took close-up pics: