PDA

View Full Version : chance to get a beast

83185s
03-14-2005, 10:44 PM
well i have the chance to get a tecate quad conversion...its got the brand new 250r 4 stroke engine on it..hasnt even had a drop of gas through it yet..its pretty much all there..he said 400 and its mine becuase he doesnt have room or money or time for it anymore..hes got it set to where it WILL turn at 90 degree angles...now thats bad ace but im not a mx racer..lol..he said when he got it finished he was gonna try to race it..sounds cool..it needs brakes, front plastics, and a few other things..all the wheels and tires are there..its dayum nice too..but ive got 3 3wheelers that dont run and i cant have anymore projects...im bout to sell the 185 to a friend..maybe..and get some money from the money pit it is...so...should i buy it or keep my projects..i know..it would go against my religion getting a quad..lol..but technically it WAS a trike..so..its an iffy situation..lol..should i?

350x'inNY
03-14-2005, 10:51 PM
sure get it..... I'm trying to picture a Tecate conversion with a 250R 4stroke???? What engine is that? Tecates had 2 strokes.... take some pics of this Frankenstein, and we'd have a better idea to advise you. Just don't pour that acid on it to clean it up! :p

Bruce

83185s
03-14-2005, 11:01 PM
haha..lol..it is frankenstein..id take a pic but i dont have a digi and dont have the money to go waste on a disposable and wait a week for them to get developed...i havnt actually seen it but my bro has..he said its very nice and sits pretty comfy..also it looks bad ace cause of how low it is to the ground..i guess he said its like maybe 6-8 inches off or somethin..id like to see that engine on a tecate frame too..he said that the guy did all the mounts and work on the frame himself....even the conversion...i told my bro when he talks to him 2 morrow to ask him y he ruined a perfect trike frame..and a hard to come by one..he said hed tell him so im waitin on a reply..the engine is like a 04' model when they switched to 4 strokes because of the air polution thingy..its a honda engine..on a tecate frame..btw..my bro said the plastics are yellow or somthing..he painted them i guess...anyway..its frankenstein alright but it sounds bad so i may get it but i gotta get some money first..lol..i spent most of it on the 200m and it will be running hopefully 2 morrow

Pistonhead
03-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Weren't 250R's all 2-strokers? That would be wierd to have a tecate with a honda motor+conversion. Might as well buy it if its cheap though.

83185s
03-14-2005, 11:53 PM
well they were till the pollution law deal...when they had to stop making the 2 strokes..thats y the new 450r is a 4 stroke..can u imagine that i fit was 2 stroke..wow..that would be bad

Pistonhead
03-14-2005, 11:55 PM
so what year was it they changed to 2-stroke in the trx? That would be a wicked quad though with a 250 2 stroke- light trike frame, 250 power.

83185s
03-15-2005, 12:04 AM
im not really sure..all i know is that its 4 stroke and hasnt had a drop of gas ran through it yet..in other words..straight off the line