PDA

View Full Version : 85' 200m problems

83185s
03-14-2005, 10:37 PM
well i got it yesterday and its not in the best of shape..but its all there...brand new tires have only had less than 15 hours on them..still have nipples...the chain guards and stuff are all there..i went and got a battery today and the electric starter works great..but no spark...now he told me he had bought a new stator for it and put it on..he said when it died on them it did the same thing dying..so im thinkin new stator and walla..also...can i use the stator for a 185s?? or would it be different becuase the electric start? im thinkin it would be ok...the headlight is a halogen..its not the oem...but its bright as hell and i love it..the chain isnt all risted up like i thouhgt but the axle is still screwd..so will the 185 axle work?? it looks the same and has drum brakes...after school 2 morrow im going to toake off the starter assembly and see whats up...i need a bolt for the shifter but thats simple..anyway...a few minor probs and for 25 bucks it aint bad!! so far ive spent 75 on it..25 for it and 50 for a new battery..it needs new plastics but im not worried bout them right now..im prolly gonna grind off the weld that holds 1 of the hubs to the axle because im going to a smaller tire..prolly the 185 tires..22x11-8 instead of the 25x12-9 thats on it..its really huge right now and im not likin those big tires..i bet thats y the axle stripped out...

thefox
03-15-2005, 02:47 PM
The 185s coil is different then the 200m coil so you cant just swap them. I am not sure about the rear axle. If it has new tires them why aould you swap them use the 185s tires? The 200m is suposed to have 25" tires.

83185s
03-15-2005, 08:22 PM
ye ai know its suppose to have 25's on it but i dont like them..they are 2 big..id rather drop it to 22's at least...they are to big i think...anyway about the coil..i meant stator coil..they are about the same but the little mount for the wire is in a different spot..thats all i can see..i changed it out today and it got a little spark but not much...and it only fired like every time the piston went from tdc to bdc and back like 5 times...i think its the stator coil