PDA

View Full Version : 90/110 rebuild question

1shot
03-14-2005, 01:16 AM
I have 2 spare engines, a 90cc & a 110. I'm not sure which one is firest but I want to rebuild them both (first one starts in 2 weeks) and wondered about the heads.

Who can do the valve work, any motorcycle shop, or a specialty ATV shop ?
(and install new valve seals?)
Any recommendations in the Phoenix, AZ. area?

I hope to get away with honing the cylinders but if they need bored The same shop should be able to handle it.

How much do you think a head job usually runs? (a fair price)

About what would a set of ring, bearings & gasket set run me?

I'm trying to get a ballpark figure for the whole engine. I'm not planning on touching the transmission as it works good - or is there something I should do there also?

Also, as I mentioned in another thread a man who owns a motorcycle juskyard near here says he has "hotrod kits" for the 90/110's. cams, pistons and god knows what else. This sounds intriging to me but I wonder if there would be reliability issues? Anyone used them before?
I will have to get manuals first for the bikes, any one better than the rest in your opinion?

TrikerR
03-14-2005, 07:24 AM
if you can get cams and big bores for the 110...ill pay you too send em over to me.

90nut
03-14-2005, 10:36 AM
When I did a top end job on my 90 I think all of the parts from honda were just under $100. That was for standard bore piston and rings and top end gasket set.
I did the valves myself. It is not hard at all. Just go and buy a hand lapper and some lapping compound and you are set.

1shot
03-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks, 90nut: I may need more advice about the heads when I get there.

TrikerR: I have to verify he even has then and naturally I will by the first set for my use but if he has more on stock, I'll let you know. The way he talked he had alot of aftermarket hotrod parts for those bikes (90's & 110's)