PDA

View Full Version : Sand Tires

BigTBones
03-11-2005, 01:51 PM
I am heading out next weekend to ride at winchester bay I have a set of paddles but they are just the cheapy geckos. Im not satisfied with there hook up. I talked to my parents and they said if i give my dad the set of geckos they will go out and purchase me any set of paddles mounted on rims! I am most interested in buying Skat Trak Haulers. Im not sure if I want to get the 20" of 22" paddle tire size. I want a 8 paddle i know that for sure. My riding type is like: trails, jumping, a few tree shots and dragging up hills against my buddies! I have heard that the extreme haulers were beter but i have never figured out the difference between the two?? These set of paddles are going to be mounted to my 85' 350x. It has a super trapp exhaust, k and n filter and a jetted carb for performance mods.

KASEY
03-11-2005, 04:31 PM
i think you are making a mistake with the haulers,,, if you can't live without them,,,i will sell you a new set i just bought ,,, one trip on them ,,, i am giong to get a set of sand stars,,, i have 4 sets of sand skateII's , 2 sets of haulers, and a set of sand stars ,,,, on my 350x the sand stars work the best by far,,,,

BigTBones
03-11-2005, 05:36 PM
How am I making a mistake???? Whats so good about the Sand Stars??
I also want a paddle that will roost pretty good!

1984kxtTECATE
03-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Sand Stars will let you turn easier, and they are a very good tire, I will be getting a pair sometime this week!!!!!!, I bought new geckos from a friend for $30 bucks so thats why I have them, Im certian from what I have read sand stars will climb everything haulers will.

KASEY
03-11-2005, 08:14 PM
sand star 20 -11 -9's on a 350x is all the tire you will ever need .... its funny how people who don't ride the dunes much don't believe us who do,,, :confused: :confused: :confused:

hiflyintri-z
03-12-2005, 02:42 AM
i have 20-11-8 AMS sidewinders on my z :)they are pretty much the same thing as the sand stars i live about 40 mins. from the little sahara in waynoka ok, i have rode my friends R with skat traks they don't even compare to the sidewinder just my .02 going to the dunes tomarrow so peace :)

thomas

370banshee
03-12-2005, 04:22 PM
i only run haulerson my banshees.... i;ve ridden with sand stars and send devils.. nothing compares to a hauler.. but a 4 stroke will have trouble pullign a hauerl i tink.. for a 350x stick with a check style paddle