PDA

View Full Version : My new 86 TRI Z!

Kintore
03-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Well, I sold my my old 250r's and my CR250. I got about 900 for everything and none of them ran lol. Anyways, I went and picked up my unit, I had been waiting for this thing for a long time, Ever since I set eyes on it I have drooled. I was so anzy that I started countdowns in my notebook at school everyday when I would write the date. It was getting to the point where my family would leave the room because all I could say was something about the tri-Z. My father was the only person who would eat up my garble, we would check the specs on 3wheelerworld everyday and chat about it for at least an hour for the last week or two. It was so bad that my math teacher asked me a question and I replied 20 to 1(it was ratio's we were learning lol)

So on tuesday night I gathered my 1800, loaded up my gear and headed down to my neighbour that was selling it to me. We started her up and I have never heard something so sweet! Took her back to my place and I started to drive her around, still getting used to the manual clutch. Thats my main problem but I am getting better at it. To tell the truth I was scared to drive it when I first got it, I was so used to the old 200s that I had never had power between my legs like that lol. The only thing wrong with it is-
Homemade kick start- jerry rigged, heavy duty metal bent to work, works awesome so ill keep it until I buy a oringinal one
Headlight pops in a bit-tightend down screw and it still like slids in, any ideas?
Pics are coming, hopefully this Sunday, I will update then.

Special thanks to these fine guys for helping me choose this awesome unit!-
Darius1502
LonesomeTriZ
TriZPilot and I think Twgranger.

twgranger
03-10-2005, 09:52 PM
sounds nice, cant wait for pics.

83185s
03-10-2005, 09:53 PM
sounds sweet!! u payd 1800 for it with a homemade kickstarter and a messed up headlight?? id givin maybe 1400 but not 1800..although it is a tri-z so i may have..lol

Orangecnty250r
03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Congrats. The TRI Z is a sweet machine. Always glad to see new excitement with a three wheeler. Especially with the younger crowd. We need to keep these machines going for many years . Have a blast but also show it respect and it'll treat you good in return!!!!

Kintore
03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
its canadian dollars if ya didnt know eh, its also my dads good friend and I didnt want to bicker with him, actually he listed it for 2000. and..
it comes with a few racing stickers on the rear fenders, and a silencer thats called a(has escaped my mind at the present time) something e..i think

83185s
03-10-2005, 10:03 PM
o ok canadian...i didnt know that...i didnt see where u were from but thats cool..u got a couple hundred off..what is that in american..do u know?? like 1200 ?? sounds about right

Kintore
03-10-2005, 10:09 PM
umm about 1493 according to my currency calculator, I was wondering if you saw where I was from lol

Darius1502
03-10-2005, 10:13 PM
I am proud of you. Thats quite alot of dedication especially for someone who was not even born when Z was produced. I am glad you found it and that it found you.

It a serious machine!

I cant wait to see pictures!! If you need anything just let me know.

You will love it...and I'll love seeing the pictures!!!

Darius1502
03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Get some shots of you smiling on the seat of the Z...

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-10-2005, 10:35 PM
nice find!the 86 is very hard to find here in the states.. enjoy! :D

MTS
03-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Dude great to hear you got it!......83185s 1800$ around hear for a nice tri-z is what they go for, there just harder to find and more desirabil around hear.....jared better not read this, anywasy get pics of this beast! tri-zs are a blast...you wont regret it, in fact i just picked up an 85 tri-z but it needed some sirous tlc....compleat frame off....annyways great to hear you got that sucker! next summer when i drive out to ont ill stop by and will go riding :)

Kintore
03-13-2005, 06:22 PM
well, pics tomorrow(monday) for sure, sorry about not today. Took her for a ride today and man does it have pickup. I love it! On the pavement and wow, powerhouse!

honda200
03-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey Josh, Hurry up and get some pictures!!!

I wanna see this bad boy, you seen mine!!

Curtis

thehickfarmer
03-13-2005, 10:41 PM
it's your fault why i'm gonna build one back to mint from frame up josh.

Kintore
03-14-2005, 07:12 PM
ah well, Ok heres the pics. I dont actually ride in these pants lol
man I love this thing!

And theHickfarmer, dont blame it on me pal. You said you were going to buy then backed out cause of the 4wheeler, so I decided to sell to another person.
Here are the wonderful pics-

chris200x
03-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, I sold my my old 250r's and my CR250. I got about 900 for everything and none of them ran lol. Anyways, I went and picked up my unit, I had been waiting for this thing for a long time, Ever since I set eyes on it I have drooled. I was so anzy that I started countdowns in my notebook at school everyday when I would write the date. It was getting to the point where my family would leave the room because all I could say was something about the tri-Z. My father was the only person who would eat up my garble, we would check the specs on 3wheelerworld everyday and chat about it for at least an hour for the last week or two. It was so bad that my math teacher asked me a question and I replied 20 to 1(it was ratio's we were learning lol)

You my friend have the sickness!!! lol

LonesomeTriZ
03-14-2005, 07:27 PM
That is a fine looking machine. The pants are a little scary, but the Z makes up for them. ;)

thehickfarmer
03-14-2005, 07:29 PM
lol. i am talking about a tri-z you got me thinking big time.. they are sweet rides.

Darius1502
03-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Man thats the most mint Tri Z on the board!!! Amazing that its all original.

You are a lucky guy. You know I rode my new 86 250R this weekend and believe me the Tri Z still is a better trike in my opinion. You cannot beat the combo of low end and mid range on the trike.

Ok...now I need some favors:

Since you have the most original Tri Z on the board:

1) Can you meaure the height and lenght of the 'Yamaha' logo imprinted on the back of the seat? What is it?

2) Can you take a picture of the back of the seat so I can see exactly how high the logo is off the bottom of the seat. A measurement of the space from the bottom of the seat to where the logo starts would be great.

3) Can you get a clear picture of the warning decals on the Rear plastic. These are the ones right by the grab bar directly behind the seat.

Ok....you have an awesome Z....better than mine!!

Enjoy it....between you and me: In my opinion the 86 Z and 86 R are close....but 86 Z is a much better all around machine. Just my opinion. You did good!!

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=32723

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6388

Orangecnty250r
03-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Congrats!! That Z will clean up real nice . Glad to see your having a blast riding it!! Its truly a find when you can find something that basically all original. I would pull off the aftermarket decals give it a spit shine and your there!!!

Kintore
03-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks alot guys! Yah I was planning on taking off the aftermarket stickers can I use GOO GONE?. I want to order new Rear plastic TRI-Z stickers because what you cant see is that the right sticker is torn a bit. And I will get to the measuring in a few days Darius, thanks for all the help guys. I love it so much, I need a kickstart guys, any sites/links? thanks
and Hickfarmer-sorry I thought you meant about the selling the R's.

Maine_Triker
03-14-2005, 09:14 PM
WOW what an awesome Z! That should be even nicen after a simple cleaning. GOOD GRAB!

Kintore
03-14-2005, 09:31 PM
will be cleaning it in the spring, changing all the oils then too, trany, brake,rad...
thanks alot guys. I really enjoy it, too much power, looking at purchasing a DG pipe also.

Darius1502
03-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Man...get me some pics of those rear warning stickers when you get a chance....thanks!

Kintore
03-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Will do Darius, but I dont have a digi cam so I am waiting on a buddy to bring one, sorry.

Jeb
03-17-2005, 10:07 AM
...The pants are a little scary, but the Z makes up for them. ;)

LOL! Hey, I guess if Jacko can wear 'em to court, this guy can ride in them!

Nice 86 Z! :beer

Darius1502
03-17-2005, 12:18 PM
oh...I got it. Yeah without a digital camera its pretty hard.

What do the decals say on them?

And when you get the camera and clean up the trike...post more pics!

350x'inNY
03-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Will do Darius, but I dont have a digi cam so I am waiting on a buddy to bring one, sorry.

I'll be cruzin through C eh N eh D eh this weekend..... probably on Easter day or on the Monday after Easter.... got some "special" projects in MI to do. :naughty:

I'll have my digital camera with me.... you aren't far off the PV402 right? Oh... I also have a Tri-Z seat laying around here.... you can put up that mint one and use it as a "rider" seat. I do the same thing for the Showgirl... I have my mint plastics/seat, but if I'm doing some serious riding, I use a different set of rear plastics!

Bruce