PDA

View Full Version : 200x has yet another problem

90nut
03-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Where to begin... I took this thing up to jeswinehart's house to see if we could get it running. We did get it to run but you can not kick start it. We used a drill to spin it over and it worked very well. It fired right up. So I came home and kicked it and it wouldnt start so my buddy pulled me behind his 400ex and it fired right up. I ride it around for a little bit just taking it easy because it is still not broken in all the way yet from when I put new piston and rings in it. Then all of a sudden it just died, like before I took it up to john's house. So tonight my friend and I try to start it the same way John did and when we checked to see if it still had spark it didn't. So we thought. It will only spark if you spin it really fast with the drill and even then it is still weak spark. So my question is what in the world could the problem be? I am starting to think 200x's are the worst things ever made! Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Huffa
03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Check your stator assembly to see if it's all cruded up like this one was.

chris200x
03-10-2005, 09:21 PM
I am starting to think 200x's are the worst things ever made![/QUOTE]

lmao, I'm starting to wonder the same thing!!!

90nut
03-10-2005, 09:45 PM
I know for sure that it dosent look like that in there. It is real clean. I'm starting to seriously consider putting in the yz250f engine in it.

Huffa
03-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Seems to me because of your lack of knowledge on fixing it you immeadiatly put down the motor. Come on, don't give up on it yet.........you'll fix it.

90nut
03-10-2005, 10:10 PM
No man I wasn't really wasn't bad mouthing it. I actually love old honda 4 strokes and the ones we have had are bullet proff. I am almost to the point of taking it to the honda shop and have them check it out. But i don't want to do that untill I fix my kickstarter but the only person who I have found that knows how to fix it is greenhuman but he wont respond to my emails or PM's. I also don't want to take it to the dealer because they are total a holes. Sooner or later I will have it fixed, but I cant really fix it because no one knows what is the matter with it.

Huffa
03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Did you check the air gap on the pulse generator?......... which is behind the CDI cover. Too big of gap & it will be weak or not run at all.

90nut
03-10-2005, 10:22 PM
I checked it and it was within spec. I may try to tighten up the gap a little bit tomorrow. I am seriously at a loss on this thing now.

83185s
03-10-2005, 10:28 PM
nah thats a stator problem..how did it die?? just did it kinda crap out die or just completely shut off?? if it crapped out kinda then its the stator...i know from experience..its happend to me 3 times on the 185..it just starts crappin out and then itll eventually die (within about 1 minute of starting running like crap) if it jsut died then it may still be the same..it may have just lost too much spark for it to run..does it even try backfiring when u pull it??

83185s
03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
well since u just posted that then make sure its gapped right and try a new plug maybe..

90nut
03-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Well you can't pull it at all buddy, heck you can't even kickstart it. You either have to use a drill or pull it. Anyways, It started to run crappy and sputter like it was running out of fuel.

83185s
03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
yep thats trailprotrailpro stator...for sure..all u gottas do is take off the flywheel side case and take trailprotrailpro stator coil off and then when u get the new one re solder that black wire onto the new coil and put it back together..its simple

hondagrant
03-11-2005, 07:02 AM
My stator on my 200x was playing up a while back.it was ok when it was cold but when the bike warmed it would play up .

83185s
03-12-2005, 01:05 AM
yea my 185 did that till it eventually quit