PDA

View Full Version : 200m for 25 bucks!!!

83185s
03-09-2005, 11:07 PM
should i buy it??! lol..kind of a dumb ?..its all there and they had it running before winter but when the first snow hit they couldnt get it started so they left it in the barn or garage or whatever and havnt messed with it since..they said its got some new partso n it but they need it outa the way for other stuff...im going to get it but i wanted some opinions..isnt that an electric start?? if so will it fit right on the 200x frame?? if i can take off the electric start and put the side case of the 185 on there and put on the pullstart would it fit then?? also..how fast did they go?? prolly not too fast but are the slow?? like under 45mph?? if so i got a 13 tooth front i can put on..and how powerfull are they?? good enough to pull a car outa some ruts?? theres alot of ?'s and so little time but those r the most important...so whatcha think?? o yea..its not stolen either if trailprotrailpro wondering y the price is cheap

350x'inNY
03-09-2005, 11:24 PM
The electric start will NOT fit in a 200X frame. It already has a pullstart back up. If it's complee, I'd probably keep it that way and not try to frankenstein it with your 200X or 185 projects.

Bruce

hrc85250r
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Buy The Damn Thing And Ride It!

83185s
03-09-2005, 11:29 PM
lol..thats a good point...i was just checkin some stuff out...thanks for complimenting my ideas (cough cough) ..lol..i was just askin if the mounts on the m or the same for the s and x models? i doubt they will and im not going to frankenstien it ..lol..i was just asking..25 bucks for it then i get a new battery and spark plug and clean the carb and fresh gas and i bet it will run..im not going to take it apart till i know whats wrong..lol

MTS
03-10-2005, 12:19 AM
its elec start, all you gota do to make it fit in the X frame is take a ball peen hammer and dent in the middle of the tube...thats what honda did for the 200m! good bikes.....they do the same speed as a regular 200....just with elctric start!

hedge1988
03-10-2005, 12:49 AM
I have a 200m and they are good bikes plenty of power for for off road fun im in the middle of fixing mine up right now and if that one is anyhting like mine it will be hell to start when its cold so that may be why the folks who had it couldnt start it.

LaDano
03-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Look under the battery box, their bad about rusting there.

hotroddal
03-10-2005, 09:52 AM
my 200m thati had would start no ploblem at 30 degrees below zero with out a problem, i would just pull the choke open and hit the button it woul turn over 2 times and fire right up.

83185s
03-10-2005, 06:02 PM
well they prolly dont know about the choke..lol..as i said..they arent very mechanically inclined..although the kids dad did own an auto shop i guess he didnt pass his traits to his kids..lol..i learned all the stuff i know myself and i dunno what i would do if i didnt..its a honda....its cold natured.im not worried about it..if it comes down to it ill pullstart it with my bros quad

MTS
03-10-2005, 08:10 PM
its a honda....its cold natured
im sorry but that right there is like the biggest boatload of crap ever haha....try starting one in -40..after its been sitting out all night.. :D :beer

83185s
03-10-2005, 09:50 PM
i know..lol..i was jk ...some are but if youve got them set right they will start right up...mine used to sit out..o wait it still does..lol..anyway it used to sit out all during winter and start right up with 2 pulls on choke..at like 0 degrees so its just a joke..lol..i noticed as i was lookin through my catalogs that there is about nothing for 200m's...arent they about the same as a 200e?? like body and frame wise?? if thats true then can i just get a 200e exhaust and stuff like that for it..or is it different??

MTS
03-11-2005, 12:38 AM
any motor part off any honda 200 will about work minus the left side case,stator/flywheel assembly are diffrent, pullstarter assembly is diffrent, has a starter.....besides that i think most anything will work, when i was refering to the cold blood coment it really stinks when your runnin 10w30 and its parked outside for a while then all of a sudden it gets really cold over night and you go to go rideing and it talkes like half houre to get the oil thin nuff to pull start the sucker haha

83185s
03-12-2005, 01:07 AM
yea thats ture about the oil...i accidentally left the 200x head outside and it had oil in it..it got about 10 degrees out and the oil was like slush..i was like..wow..thats awesome..but that sucks cause i left it outside..lol

Oldshell4481
03-12-2005, 09:08 PM
id buy any three whee|er for 25$

Pistonhead
03-12-2005, 09:14 PM
any motor part off any honda 200 will about work minus the left side case,stator/flywheel assembly are diffrent, pullstarter assembly is diffrent, has a starter.....besides that i think most anything will work, when i was refering to the cold blood coment it really stinks when your runnin 10w30 and its parked outside for a while then all of a sudden it gets really cold over night and you go to go rideing and it talkes like half houre to get the oil thin nuff to pull start the sucker haha

One time I had my big red out overnight with 10w 30 in it at -38, The battery was just plain dead, I pulled the pull starter for a good hour (theres more heat in pull starting the engine than running it in a Canadian winter lol!) before she finally started to cough and run, then I left it running for a good long time so it was nice and hot.

thehickfarmer
03-12-2005, 09:20 PM
im sorry but that right there is like the biggest boatload of crap ever haha....try starting one in -40..after its been sitting out all night.. :D :beer

come fire my 200s. at -40. i give it no more then 5 pulls.

83185s
03-13-2005, 03:57 PM
got the 200m today..the thing is a pos...its all thre and all but some of the wiring is cut, they lost the key, no battery, the shifter is stripped, no pullrope in the starter, the on off switch doesnt work...they got a rigged up light switch for it under the seat, but the good things...brand new tires all around, frame isnt bent, forks are straight, headlight and taillight are there, stock exhaust is there but rusted, and back to the bad things...one of the splines stripped out on the back so they welded it, the other is stripped out and they havnt welded it yet, and now i got it so its all comin off, the chain is rusted so it doesnt move..but there is a chain guard on both the front and back! and the brand new tires are 25x12-9 carlisle turf busters..they still have the nipples on them..the front is also brand nwe but i didnt look at the brand or type..its the same size..all the brakes are there except the levers..the back brakes work i suppose..i cant tell for sure till i get the chain off so itll move freely...all around its not the best but its better than the 185..im keepin all the engine parts , the front end, the tires, the lights, the exhaust and the chain guards...if anybody needs anything other than that let me know and ill tell ya...its an 85 model...the oem stickers are still on it and in ok shape..the fame stickers are perfect but the tank and the plastics stickers are in ok shape...you can still read them...let me know guys 85' 200m

83185s
03-13-2005, 04:00 PM
uhm...on second thought..itll be at least a wekk before i can tell u if im going to part it out or not..im going to see what i can and cant do to fix it..gimme till next sunday and ill tell ya