PDA

View Full Version : 85 200X Leaking fuel

Bigmikeyall
03-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Can anyone explain to me why my 85 200X leaks fuel like mad out of the overflow tube, but runs great. I turn the gas off when not in use and it stops, but I don't want this to happen. I just purchased this carb and an intake on ebay. I cleaned the snot out of the carb before strappin it in. It runs like a raped ape.....but I want it perfect. Can NE1 help me........? :confused:

200xkwit
03-10-2005, 12:49 AM
float bowl have a hole in it?... to find out try to sink it in a tub of water and see if it takes on water. also check that jet on the end of the float to make sure the rubber tip makes a goods seal. while trailprotrailpro in there check the float clearence. trailprotrailpro float might be set for lots of fuel and be compermised by a leaner jet causeing it to over flow the bowl but run good.... just a thought

dblshockpower
03-10-2005, 12:55 AM
one of my 200es leaks when I "off" the gas cap but it's fine when left on..so go figure! if it runs...go with what works.

jenndnn3
03-10-2005, 09:35 AM
float bowl have a hole in it?... to find out try to sink it in a tub of water and see if it takes on water. also check that jet on the end of the float to make sure the rubber tip makes a goods seal. while trailprotrailpro in there check the float clearence. trailprotrailpro float might be set for lots of fuel and be compermised by a leaner jet causeing it to over flow the bowl but run good.... just a thought

I am with him except I am gonna add one thing that may be overlooked. Is the screw next to overflow tube, closed?

Bigmikeyall
03-10-2005, 05:17 PM
I checked the screw on the side of the float bowl when I took the carb apart and again after i read last reply....its tight. How do you go about checking float clearance. If it is out of adjustment can someone tell me the stock setting and how to adjust it. The dude I bought it from on ebay shipped it to me kinda in a crappy package so it probably took a beating during shipment.