PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To Buy Parts For Honda 200es

MACHINIST
03-07-2005, 11:22 AM
I just bought a honda big red 200es that needs some repair,where is the best place to buy parts for it?I love the site it has alot of great info.This is my third 3 wheeler I have owed two other three wheelers in the past,both tri-z's one was a 85 the other was an 86.Those were awesome machines but this time around I wanted a utility type wheeler so I could take it hunting and ice fishing.I know I need all of the brake cables,a throttle cable and a new rope and handle for the recoil.The hi-lo-reverse push/pull button doesnt want to move much is this because that it is not running?I bought the bike from a freind and I have ridden it before but after a while it had a weak spark and didnt run so he just let it sit,I didnt even know that he still had it until I told him that i was looking for one.What do you think that the weak spark could be.Thanks for any replys!

DeePa
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Ebay is a great place to try and find stuff, as well as people here on the boards.

www.mfgsupply.com has all of your brake and throttle cables (made my promotion). They are a great company and no bullshit involved, and pretty good shipping speed.

You can get the pull starter handle from www.bikebandit.com , (also an A1 place to buy parts) probably the rope too, as long as neither are discontinued. Bike bandit also has the oem cables, but they are more expensive.

As for the hi/low button, i have no idea, but im sure someone else can help you with that.

For the weak spark, you could try cleaning off all of the wire connections, and check the ground. Hopefully its something that simple, or even a new plug could do it.

Good luck, and welcome to the boards. Others will help you a lot better than I was able to.

MACHINIST
03-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply I am going to check those sites right now

kando
03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I just checked out Mfg Supply, a seat foam and cover is half price of bike bandit for a yt 125. Great site never heard of that one before.

200xman
03-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I used to own a 84 Big Red and in order to move the range selector you had to pull up on the knob and rock the bike back and forth to get it to change ranges.

DeePa
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4533783727&category=43972

theres a throttle cable on ebay too...

MACHINIST
03-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys!200Xman thanks alot I was worried that I might have something severly wrong with it,makes me feel a little better.going to be ordering parts in a few weeks and hopefully riding after that.