PDA

View Full Version : honda 200s stalls

hack9501
03-07-2005, 01:14 AM
hello im havin problems with my 85 honda 200s it stalls when riding it it just bogs down shuts off and it takes like 5 mins to start up. we just tuned it up new plug ,carb clean ,oil could it be possible the cdi would be bad even no it runs good for sometime? some time it could run for like n hour before it dies.

mx600
03-07-2005, 11:20 AM
hello im havin problems with my 85 honda 200s it stalls when riding it it just bogs down shuts off and it takes like 5 mins to start up. we just tuned it up new plug ,carb clean ,oil could it be possible the cdi would be bad even no it runs good for sometime? some time it could run for like n hour before it dies.

I just got a 200s that had no spark. We found out the pulse generator had too large of a gap due to the cam wearing into the head. We were able to get it running but closing the gap temporarily, but I need a new head and cam.

Pull off your CDI cover on the left side of the head and measure the gap between the rotor and pickup. I think it's supposed to be .016". It's a quick check and will rule out at least one part of the electrical system.

straight pipe
03-07-2005, 02:20 PM
that happened to me as well and it turned out to be the fuel cap not venting. next time you go riding and it starts doing that again open the cap slightly and if she picks up problem solved.if not.. ya ignition or possibly coil.carry a spark plug wrench with ya too and if it still dies when you open the cap take the plug off to check for sperk.