PDA

View Full Version : 350X parts

dave_iggy
03-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey guys hows it going, i have a motor in pretty bad condition and am looking for a set of cases for the lower unit, my cases, have been punched around good, i might even need a complete lower unit, i still have to crack mine open to check how bad the crank, gears, all that fun stuff is. the guy i bought it from liquid welded the cases completely solid so i can't even crack the crank cases open . I also need a cylinder head, and connecting rod, piston etc. Now I was wondering , you guys all know what your talking about, so I am wondering do you guys think it would be easier to buy a complete new motor, or find much parts to get mine running again, are these parts next to impossible to find? any answers would be great. i hate throwing away a motor tho even if it is in bad condition. thanks dave

350x'inNY
03-06-2005, 02:49 PM
From the sounds of it, would probably be better (cheaper) to find a complete running motor, then use the one you have for parts once you pry the liquid weld apart. Why would someone do that? :mad:

Maine_Triker
03-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Allot easier to buy a new motor then find all the parts you might need.

dirtface
03-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I agree with the rest,alot easier to buy another motor. By the way it sounds, possibly the only good parts you have are tranny parts. And your not sure about them, until you open the bottom end up.

dave_iggy
03-06-2005, 03:58 PM
thanks alot for the advice. How about that retard that welded the cases shut eh? I could go on for an hour about that guy, i lost 1500 dollars to that guy, anyways, yeah, i guess i better start looking for another motor, i am just scared of getting screwed over again, with another crap motor, thats why i was thinking, along the lines of getting a 300EX motor, and sticking it in the 350X frame, what do you guys think of that, waste of time and money? or is it not the worst idea,also do any of you guys know how much a decent running 350X motor is worth, and also the problem is i am in Canada, so you don't see alot of that kinda stuff where i am, so i end up going into the states to get stuff, but then it gets kinda pricy with the exchange rate, border taxes. thanks alot dave

Huffa
03-06-2005, 03:58 PM
http://www.eastcoastatv.com/motors.htm has a new ATC 350X motor for 1400.

Seems to me they mean brand new how they list it but that couldn't be, could it?

It's right down the road from me so if you want I can check it out for you and take a few pictures.

Brand spankin new would be cool!

350x'inNY
03-06-2005, 06:08 PM
You should be able to find a crate motor on ebay for about $800 to a $1000 depending upon if the wires were cut and what comes with it. (Case saver, carb, kickstarter, etc) Unfortunately, the internal cross member of the crate broke in shipping this from Cali and the nails dinged up the oil cooler some.

Bruce

dave_iggy
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
hey everyone, thanks for the advice, i would love to get one of those crate motors, i have never really trusted the whole ebay thing tho i have never really tried it to give a real opinion, i have sen alot of you guys pick up those crate motors, alot of those sellers don't like to ship to canada much tho.

wilga12
03-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Say Dave,

I'm not familiar with the brand of material called "Liquid Weld" but if this material is an epoxy based material like "J.B. Weld" A little caution, a little patience,some luck and the use of a (Propane) torch should soften the epoxy enough to let you in to see just what you can "Salvage" to off set your necessary new purchases. (Just heat the cases uniformly)

Good Luck.......Later...........Dave

(I'm also a Dave) :Bounce

dave_iggy
03-09-2005, 06:39 PM
hey another dave, sweet, thanks for the idea to heat them up, i actually went at the cases for a while last night, the big problem was that the kid had liquid welded right over some of the bolts so i couldn't even get close to opening the cases, but what i did, i found out after a while is that it chips off fairly easy, and since i had terrible cases anyway i started chiselling the JB weld, not worrying about damaging the cases, it worked really well actually, it chipped beautifully away from the bolts, and then when i had them all out, then i just hit the JB weld were the cases split a few times with a rubber mallet, and the cases split nicely apart. The insides actually looked really good which was a huge surprise, so now is my decision to look for new cases , and a head, and rebuilt kit, or buy a new motor, i am still leading towards fixing it up, sorry to all who say i should buy a new one, i just don't feel like throwing a way the motor, and would most of you agree it is cheaper to rebuild this than buy a new one, or am i wrong, i will check prices tonite and see.

brapp
03-10-2005, 12:38 AM
east coast atv doesnt have any more brand new 350x motors b/c i worked there and they were sold a long time ago. and i bought the last brand new 350x motor they had. and if your looking for a head i have one that was repaired just needs valves recut and new guides. and where do u live huffa?

markdb420
03-10-2005, 06:53 AM
I have a motor that is in parts with a good bottom end and head that needs a new piston in it. Markbright2@aol.com if interested.

Mark