PDA

View Full Version : 84 Kawasaki Tecate 3 Aftermarket Exhaust ?

14U2NV
03-06-2005, 04:48 AM
Who makes a aftermarket exhaust for my 84 Kawasaki Tecate???

Meat-BoX
03-06-2005, 12:18 PM
http://www.dgperf.com/

Pipe and Silencer. I just got mine a few months ago.
I hear they arent making Tri-Z Pipes no more so get yours fast before they dont make 3 wheeler parts for us

1984kxtTECATE
03-06-2005, 12:23 PM
DG makes them yes, but they really arnt a very good upgrade, you would be better off getting a custom made pipe.

going4broketecate85
03-06-2005, 07:23 PM
1984KXTtecate

From where?
Who makes a custom pipe for 84-85 tecate?? :Bounce

NICKG
03-06-2005, 08:10 PM
DG makes them yes, but they really arnt a very good upgrade, you would be better off getting a custom made pipe.
what are you talking about?
the dg is a great pipe on these, always was a great pipe. get your head out of your ass. why would you want a "custom pipe", seriously, DG works very well and was built when these were new, half you guys out there relate $ and ease of finding things to performance, wrong. DG was as common on factory bikes as Bassani was, in fact, they had a national kit that was really fast at one time. I have personally used many DG pipes and would definetly recommend it on an 85 tecate.

hrc85250r
03-06-2005, 08:21 PM
just make sure you get a dg national pipe, not the xtreme....the xtreme is the crappy one....the national is the same one as the old ones...

BigGreenMachine
03-06-2005, 08:25 PM
DG does not make an Extreme pipe for the Tecate, just the National header and Type II oval silencer.

1984kxtTECATE
03-06-2005, 08:52 PM
what are you talking about?
the dg is a great pipe on these, always was a great pipe. get your head out of your ass. why would you want a "custom pipe", seriously, DG works very well and was built when these were new, half you guys out there relate $ and ease of finding things to performance, wrong. DG was as common on factory bikes as Bassani was, in fact, they had a national kit that was really fast at one time. I have personally used many DG pipes and would definetly recommend it on an 85 tecate.

Dude...............calm down, from my personl experince I will not use DG, I could spend my money doing a port job or shaving the head, there are company's that will make a superior pipe then DG's. Beside all this the Tecate's pipe from the factory was actually pretty good, there are bigger power boost you can do for the same amount of money. I didnt mean to affend you NICKG but your callin me a complete idiot because I dont like DG's pipe, you should meet some-one before you go run your mouth about them.

NICKG
03-06-2005, 10:30 PM
so shaving the head gets you more power than a dg pipe? come on, that is foolish

1984kxtTECATE
03-07-2005, 01:19 AM
Well before you go further get some rear wheel horse power dyno sheets with the DG pipe, and I will admit you are shaving the head is not the biggest power adder, but I was just trying to make a point that there are some really good mods you can do for cheaper than a pipe, im not sayin there better but they give you more bang for the buck. Further more I dont feel like getting into a huge fight about this whole thing, I will end it right now, you won.

3leggeddog
03-08-2005, 12:32 AM
well i don't like dg pipes either.we put it on a tri-z and it's crap.must be that extreme pipe.the powerband is real short now.it comes on in the middle,and ends in the middle.
i hate it!!!!!not to pin my experience on one bike,my 94 kx125 had a dg that was also crap.i switched to a fmf fatty and it was for sure a step up.in both brodning the power curve,aswell as overall performance gain.

1984kxtTECATE
03-08-2005, 01:01 AM
well i don't like dg pipes either.we put it on a tri-z and it's crap.must be that extreme pipe.the powerband is real short now.it comes on in the middle,and ends in the middle.
i hate it!!!!!not to pin my experience on one bike,my 94 kx125 had a dg that was also crap.i switched to a fmf fatty and it was for sure a step up.in both brodning the power curve,aswell as overall performance gain.

Thank you, I have had the same problem and my mounts cracked, I regret not listening to blazerone22 on this but I learned to listen to people who have more experince then I do. Blazerone22 also bought a DG pipe and didnt like it (to my knowledge anyway.)

14U2NV
03-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey guys thanks alot for all your information , knowing what works will save me time and money . Finding this website with all the info you offer is a dream come true for me thanks again for all your friendly advice .

going4broketecate85
03-09-2005, 03:15 AM
I have a DG pipe and silencer only because they are the only ones I could find that make a pipe!!! The main thing that I didn't like about the DG is that a chrome one was not an option!! But solved that and had it(brand new DG) dipped in chrome and it looks awesome now!! If anyone knows of anyone that will make one please let us all know!! :Bounce

Meat-BoX
03-09-2005, 03:25 AM
:beer I got a DG exhaust for my Tecate as I was told thats all there is to get For a Tecate. A few months back i believe it was. They said DG or try your luck on E-Bay finding an aftermarket Exhaust that is New. That what the Pros here said.

Im eye'n 4 trikes right now3 wil need Aftermarket Exhaust Systoms. When wil someone Take Pity on us Trike Fiends and start making Aftremarket Goodies for us.WwwwwwwwwwwYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :wondering

:beer :w00t: :TrikesOwn

I want my DG Dipped in Chrome :w00t:
good idea :beer

1984kxtTECATE
03-09-2005, 03:37 AM
']:beer I got a DG exhaust for my Tecate as I was told thats all there is to get For a Tecate. A few months back i believe it was. They said DG or try your luck on E-Bay finding an aftermarket Exhaust that is New. That what the Pros here said.

Im eye'n 4 trikes right now3 wil need Aftermarket Exhaust Systoms. When wil someone Take Pity on us Trike Fiends and start making Aftremarket Goodies for us.WwwwwwwwwwwYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :wondering

:beer :w00t: :TrikesOwn

I want my DG Dipped in Chrome :w00t:
good idea :beer

I feel your pain, although I do have a custon pipe to try out before to long :w00t: