PDA

View Full Version : My next project

1984kxtTECATE
03-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Several days ago I posted that I wanted a stock Tecate swinger, the next thing I know Blazerone22 is offering me a roller, I couldnt pass up a deal this sweet, so any way, I got an extended swing-arm that I am going to put on my daily rider (origanal plans were to get the stock one extended), so now Im left with a frame, a stock swing arm and about a million ideas, this one is what I am going to do,

Buy a 750cc street bike motor
Cut and weld the frame to accomadate the motor, weld in braces too
Add 8" to the stock swing-arm
Might adjust the rake of the front forks
Get big ol' sand paddles

This is my plan right now- Im not sure how long this will take because I am restorin a 1965 Mustang too, so funds are limited. I will give the 101 when this project really starts to get going, but for now it is all a big plan.

MTS
03-06-2005, 12:23 AM
try and find an old kawisaki 750 tripple 2 stroke steet bike......they fawking go

4cylinders
03-06-2005, 12:40 AM
hey, now you're cookin, but once you ride one, you can't go back.

1984kxtTECATE
03-06-2005, 12:52 AM
try and find an old kawisaki 750 tripple 2 stroke steet bike......they fawking go

What years were these bad boys made?

MTS
03-06-2005, 01:12 AM
check out http://kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/phpBB2/index.php
http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/ and http://www.hahne-power.de/ they where mid late 70's bikes i belive

1984kxtTECATE
03-06-2005, 01:26 AM
ahhhhhh the possibilities, BTW thanks for all the links, very helpful

hrc85250r
03-06-2005, 01:35 AM
the H2 triples were fast at the time, but to make them as fast as the modern comparable bikes they need to be bored, ported and piped..and the 750 street bike motor isnt a good deal, unles sits a crotchrocket motor...i had a honda 750 air cooled 4 cl in my go kart for a while, but they dont like slamming gears for very long, but they do handle heat great....after about a year of riding in sand she blew second gear and first was on its way...i had a full vance and hines exhaust and clutch in it too... fun and fast, but they weigh a crapload, and the 600 liquid motors are lighter and have about 50% more horsepower...this is just my exp....

1984kxtTECATE
03-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanks agian, right now as I said it is in the planning phase and I really do appreciate feedback of whats hot or not in drag trike's, I figure by putting a street bike wngine in the Tecate I wont have to fight to find parts and I can enjoy high performance with a stock motor. Plus how often do you see a Tecate trike with a street bike motor, I may not be the fastest but I certiantly want to be a competior.

hrc85250r
03-06-2005, 02:22 AM
well, i am speaking from experience here.....if you want to be competitive, do not use an air-cooled 750!!!!DONT DO IT!!!! you need a high revving motor like a 600 cbr or gsxr motor, and it doesnt need to be new, any 90's liquid cooled motor will do it, and you need some BIG paddle tires to hook up the power or the small motors will blow you away....i ran an oil cooled katana 600 motor in a quadracer and all it would do is shoot a huge rooster tail for 50 ft before it would start grabbing and pulling.....you will need some skat trak hookers or equivalent....i swear to god you will need a small crotch rocket motor and some huge paddles unless you are racing sportsmans...

just so you know, it isnt easy to shoehorn any motor into a small chassis without serious intake and gas tank mods....and it would be cheesy and cobbed up to put the 3 wheeler parts on a bike, in my opinion....

1984kxtTECATE
03-06-2005, 02:31 AM
My Grandpa's shop has got all the goodies, plasma cutter, esab welders, cuttin torch, industrial drill press, pipe cutters, die grinders, you get the idea, I reliaze it is going to have huge body mods in order to fit an engine of this size, but im motivated to do what it takes, I can already see somebody's face when I blow past them on a dinosour with a little roost action. I know a guy who knows a guy who has put a larger cc motor in a tecate, so I will meet up with him sometime to ask a couple questions and what not, I want this project to be a complete succes not something I start and dont finish and thats why I am asking as much questons as possible to get as much knowledge I can possibly get, before hand. I agree with you about converting a motorcycle to 3 wheels.