PDA

View Full Version : Atc 250r

Tubsy
03-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Hello everybody, i see theres no introduce you section, so hi all!

Ive got a atc 250r - im a quad person my self, but this was cheap.

Is there a easy way to turn? as its so stiff and hard to turn. also it might topple if i turn to fast. is there any tips? call me lame! :wondering

thanks
tubsy

85_ATC_200S
03-05-2005, 02:25 PM
You gotta lean and throw your weight way more than you do on a quad. Trick to turning fast is get the back tires to break loose and swing out the rear. But dont do that right off the bat! Gotta get used to your machine!!!! :TrikesOwn

trikezilla
03-05-2005, 03:18 PM
hey and :welcome:

ditto to thw way 85_ATC_200S said to turn.......youll also find a lot of very knowledgeable people on here to help u with your R!!
BTW...im sure other people than just me are wondering what yerar your R is??? ;)

Tubsy
03-05-2005, 04:30 PM
i dont know? how do i find out.

the price was good - $200 for a quick sale. and i loaded it up and paid him but didnt ask no information!?

Im also having some trouble starting it. ive had it started revving it slowy to warm it up with choke on then it would cut out. then id do it with no choke and it wont start.

im giving it a bit of throttle and holding clutch in. but im not in gear. i am going to try tomorrow with choke on and bit of throttle then when it starts choke off.

its had new spark plug. and a fresh top end engine. it might need a new spark plug cap as it comes loose. but thats not the problem as i check its on tight.

i did have it started it earlier and rode it to test it. and it flew! its very fast! so i know it works.

also before i forget. its back fired twice the first time i left it for about half and hour. the second time i put it away till tomorrow as my leg is aching as i havent long recovered from a sprial fracture to my tibia and phibia. so its achy on my leg.

Tubsy
03-05-2005, 04:40 PM
**update**

the engine is red if this is any help?

hrc85250r
03-05-2005, 04:50 PM
is it liquid cooled or air?

Tubsy
03-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Air. no radiator

Tubsy
03-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Is choke up or down? this could be my problem :confused:

Pistonhead
03-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Well if the engine is red its an 81 or 82 R, if the engine has the stock paint.

Pistonhead
03-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Has it got a rear disc brake or a rear drum brake?

Tubsy
03-05-2005, 07:07 PM
It has front and rear disk.

Does anyone know about the starting problem?

faf_racing
03-05-2005, 07:37 PM
sounds like carb and if its backfiring probably has too do with choke. choke lever should come up. if u do that and it starts, rev it till it warms or sounds like its hesitating, flooding,missing out etc.... then push choke down and it should come out of it and idle then ready too ride. if it dont idle maybe some minor adjustments on carb. if u ride it and runs fine when it cools check plug if it has wetness oily black maybe running rich if its dry and burnt looking it might be too lean (too much air) it should look a light brownish white if you know what i mean