PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech Light Wiring, I need help!

Kaysen
03-05-2005, 01:21 PM
I am in need of help...

I have an 86 250R with no remains of factory lighting. I have one "hot" wire coming from the stator. I also have the standard Trail Tech lighting kit, MSR 12V regulator and an automotive toggle switch. The Trail Tech lights have two wires coming from each one. How should these be wired?

I have been told to run from this "hot" wire to the regulator (one wire in, one out), then through the toggle switch (one wire in, one out), then in to one wire from each light (T'd together)? If so where do the other wires go? I would think that the remaining two wires would "T" together and then run back to one wire of the taillight, with the other taillight wire terminating at a frame connection: is that correct? Will this setup provide each light with 12V power or will the strength be compromised? Also, how should the regulator be mounted? I have seen setups with a bolt through the hole in the regulator, is that recommended or safe?

Despite this dumb question, I have a fair understanding of electricity and wiring, but have never had to be concerned with smaller voltage limitations; especially when trying to create a "reliable" system from scratch...

Thanks.

K1500
03-05-2005, 05:43 PM
The other wire(s) would be for ground.