PDA

View Full Version : Make your 200S look MUCH better by.......

Huffa
03-05-2005, 12:51 PM
simply putting 200X rims and hubs on! This is off of Chris's 85 X. Hope you don't mind.......just had to see if it would work.

I'd paint the hubs a red or one of the blues on the gas tank though. Black just :rolleyes: doesn't show at all. Hear that Chris! :D

Actually what got me started is I inspected the stock hub & axle splines (pic of) on the 200S which are just fine. They (kids :rolleyes: ) had on one side a oversized nut that didn't even thread on with a nail as a cotter pin going thru and I was worried the threads might be butchered up. Good thing the bike quit on them or they would be most likely filed smooth right now from the loosness they once had.

Chris, :rolleyes: your missing a heavy duty preload washer that goes behind the nut, you nut! A must have for sure! Not sure about other side yet.

If MX 600 would get them we (if he agrees) will paint the front up to match the rear. If not even the stock hubs can be painted up to match and will look quite nice.

I ask one thing to all.............Talk MX 600 in to doing it!

chris200x
03-05-2005, 06:59 PM
HEY!!!! what's up with dat??? No, I don't mind at all. But if I start seeing pieces of my trike on ebay then there's a problem. Do you think that's why there was a little play in the rear? Missing washers. I hope it is that and not the bearings. I have them someplace. maybe in that box I brought down with me? I'll check here too. I was really gonna go with the red front and rear hubs but if you look at the color of the frame you'll know why. I had some extra black so I used it up.

I have a real good idea. if the 200s fires up first before my X we'll just swap motors!!! I don't think Brain will mind. hehehe.

Let's get an update on that Yamaha huh?

mx600
03-05-2005, 07:04 PM
I have a real good idea. if the 200s fires up first before my X we'll just swap motors!!! I don't think Brain will mind. hehehe.

You didn't hear? We got the 200s running. Just temporarily because of major wear on the head and cam journals. But I bought a new head on ebay, so the motor is complete and the whole thing should be ready to ride in just a few weeks.

Huffa
03-05-2005, 07:27 PM
HEY!!!! what's up with dat??? No, I don't mind at all. But if I start seeing pieces of my trike on ebay then there's a problem. Do you think that's why there was a little play in the rear? Missing washers. I hope it is that and not the bearings. I have them someplace. maybe in that box I brought down with me? I'll check here too. I was really gonna go with the red front and rear hubs but if you look at the color of the frame you'll know why. I had some extra black so I used it up.

Let's get an update on that Yamaha huh?

For sale : 85 200X - alot of parts interchangeable with 200S - must sell due to moving to a new location :D Will not ship or sell to anyone that lives close to Beaver Meadows, PA :D

Seriouisly though, I think thats all that is wrong with yours too concerning the play.

Yamaha just sits there staring at me wondering why I'm working on the red boys?

Huffa
03-05-2005, 07:30 PM
You didn't hear? We got the 200s running. Just temporarily because of major wear on the head and cam journals. But I bought a new head on ebay, so the motor is complete and the whole thing should be ready to ride in just a few weeks.

Yea, it might be a few weeks or a bit longer but I'm going to check up on you. If alexis says you are miss behaving you can't have it back till you do more house chores!

chris200x
03-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Your a real comedian my friend. I'd pay someone to take that moneypit off my hands! :D

You said that your 225 runs though? At least you got backup! Do you think I can keep up on foot when we go out ridin? Who do you think will be the first to drive thier bike outta your garage? I gotta get down to lend a hand. Still waitin for the stator from Canaduh. It's been like a month already! All the other parts are here.

Huffa
03-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Your a real comedian my friend. I'd pay someone to take that moneypit off my hands! :D

You said that your 225 runs though? At least you got backup! Do you think I can keep up on foot when we go out ridin? Who do you think will be the first to drive thier bike outta your garage? I gotta get down to lend a hand. Still waitin for the stator from Canaduh. It's been like a month already! All the other parts are here.

It runs but doesn't ride and won't be for quite some time. I'm having too much fun working on the S & X :D

That reminds me ("keep up on foot") of the advertisement where 3 montain bike dudes are riding and the one guy has no bike , he makes beleive he does though and crashes down the hill. Can't recall what it was for though? Maybe a stupid Geico commercial?

chris200x
03-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I would probably make it about 300' then collapse! We'll get them all ship shape then we'll we definitly gotta get some ridin time in.

Huffa
03-05-2005, 08:30 PM
I would probably make it about 300' then collapse! We'll get them all ship shape then we'll we definitly gotta get some ridin time in.

We can do are own 200 shootout then! Which does what the best? :D

chris200x
03-05-2005, 08:49 PM
My 200X is gonna eat both of ya up. Problem is I haven't been on a 3 wheeler since 91 or 92 so I'm rusty. That new twist throttle is gonna take some gettin used to also. I can hardly wait!

Huffa
03-05-2005, 09:19 PM
My 200X is gonna eat both of ya up. Problem is I haven't been on a 3 wheeler since 91 or 92 so I'm rusty. That new twist throttle is gonna take some gettin used to also. I can hardly wait!

Espeically if it was the way it used to be! :D :D :D :p :p

chris200x
03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
After closer inspection of the pics you posted those 20" holeshots look pretty good on that 200s. They look about the same size as the ones on there. Does the S run stock 22"? What kind are you considering for your 225DX? Your definitly right about those hubs too. DULL!!! I think I will grab some red. It wouldn't take to much effort to do the front hub over again. Problem is finding the red to match the fenders. The paint for the frame is actually Chevy Red engine paint. The cap on the can sure looked red but as you know it is far from that. I was to lazy to sand it all down again so I just left it. You should of seen the color it was when I bought it. Some kind of real dark blue. That had to go. Kind of sorry now that I think about it but it's to much work to do it over. I plan on it eventually being mud brown if ya know what I mean.