PDA

View Full Version : More new pics of the R :)

Dammit!
03-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Got it back together today. Far from done but coming along well.

I don't have the new case saver on it right now because my stainless steel bolt kit that was supposedly delivered yesterday was apparently stolen. UPS gets to buy me a new one. I don't have a socket small enough to put that case saver on with the normal bolts. I did however repaint the stock case saver with the paint Darius recommended and it's damn close to a perfect match.

It's got new shoes and a sexy new crossbar pad too. :naughty:

Dunes next week. I hope. :D

Dammit!
03-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Few more. :beer

chris200x
03-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Lookin good my man. That 200x you were lookin at last week or so would look real good sittin next to that in your garage. What ever became of it?

twgranger
03-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Looks great!! what size rear tires are them? 22's?

Orangecnty250r
03-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Looking real nice!!! I do love that polished stator cover. Funny you mention the bolt kit. In the triZ decal thread I mentioned how someone stole my R bars out of a hole in the box I got in today. My bolt kit arrived 2 weeks ago as an empty cardboard package. Dont get that flag caught in the garage door.

Dammit!
03-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Lookin good my man. That 200x you were lookin at last week or so would look real good sittin next to that in your garage. What ever became of it?

I never went back. The guy pissed me off pretty bad changing the price on me like that, then lying about it. I went and bought a local Cycle Trader and now I feel pretty confident that when I can actually afford to get one, they'll be there and just as nice. I love living in this state. :cool:

Looks great!! what size rear tires are them? 22's?

Believe it or not they're 20's. They must measure the meat of the tire and not the paddle or something because they definitely sit higher than 20 inches. Being on little 8 inch rims makes them look a little bit taller than they really are though. Plus they're a little over inflated at the moment.

x.system
03-04-2005, 08:54 PM
That bikes come a long way in 6 months, nice job :beer

twgranger
03-04-2005, 09:06 PM
they are 20's, wow they look bigger but in not too familiar with paddles.

faf_racing
03-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Thats tight looks really good, Where can i get a chrome header pipe? mine comes out the left side.

Apollo
03-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Dammit!, I bet you are GLAD to get your R back together. How long was it apart? It sure looks good, man.

Dammit!
03-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Thats tight looks really good, Where can i get a chrome header pipe? mine comes out the left side.

The one I have is made by FMF and I think most of their pipes have the same nickel plated finish. See if they make one for yours.

Dammit!, I bet you are GLAD to get your R back together. How long was it apart? It sure looks good, man.

A month. :( Can't wait to get a ride in now. I'll either be finally hitting the dunes (probably Gordon's Well) our I might try out a place I heard about that's about 30 minutes from here. Supposed to be decent.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It's satisfying seeing it come together but there's still a ton I plan on doing as finances allow. :beer

Darius1502
03-04-2005, 10:57 PM
The R is looking sweet. I bet that will be the cleanest R at the dunes. Did you get to run it with the new carb on it?

I bet it hauls ass. You need some number plate backgrounds. Xsystem can make you some white or black ones....unless you want to OEM look...white looks freak'in sweet!

Dammit!
03-04-2005, 11:03 PM
I've run it with the new carb and rad valve once. Mainly just out jetting it (which still ain't perfect but it's close enough that I can tweak it as needed). It runs like a raped ape. :naughty:

I've had something in mind for the number plates but I never get around to trying it. I need a jigsaw and the material. Not sure if it will even work on OEM plastic. I think it would on Maier though. They're a little flatter.

BLAZERONE22
03-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Man that looks great! I have a long ways to go. good job!!!